shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone return a stone they had set in their own setting???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone ever traded a diamond in on a new diamond had it set in their own mounting only to find a better stone better priced somewhere else? If so how did you return the current stone? Do I have to the original jewler remove the stone or do I buy the new stone and then return to loose stone to the jewler?

HELP

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ronda,

Each dealer will have their own policy on this. In most cases it''s something like "you set it - you own it" or words to that effect although many will take it back if you are still within your return period on the purchase and the stone has not been damaged in the setting or unsetting processes.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
my paperwork says I have 90 days....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were there any rules that you are cannot put the stone in a ring befoe returning it ? It''s three months after all... not too many diamonds would stay in a drawer for that long.

Usually return policy conditions state that the item has to be return in the same condition they delivered. Hopefully that will be the case after you have it removed. It usually is.
20.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
They actually set it for me. So I should probably go to them...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results