shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone purchased from Diamond Foundry?

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
Hi PS team.

I've been casually looking at engagement rings on and off for the past few years. I am picking/designing my own ring for my partner to give me. We are in Australia so I need to keep that in mind in terms of exchange rate, ease to ship here etc.

I used to love the rings from Vrai but don't like the new settings. Their partner, Diamond Foundry, have a 'Create a ring' option on their site which includes the old styles Vrai used to have.

Just having a look today, and I've noticed the stones that come up in their standard diamond search/their inventory search are priced differently once I go to 'add' it to my ring using their 'Create a Ring' option. I am wondering if it's just a lack of their inventory updating to current stock?

For example - the stone I was looking at in their inventory is listed at $1650 but in the create ring section is $2480?

I would also like to know about the quality of their settings??

Thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the best answer re: pricing differences will come from DF themselves - we can only guess!

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
I think the best answer re: pricing differences will come from DF themselves - we can only guess!

Yep - they responded to my enquiry and confirmed the error. It should be the cheaper price listed.

I would love some real word examples if anyone has purchased from them, particularly shipping to overseas!

Kayelle

Rough_Rock
@sprinklesparkles that is gorgeous! I saw on your other thread this is the 1.5mm band. This is the exact ring I was considering except with a brilliant round rather than the emerald. Thanks for responding - It's nice to see how it looks in real life rather than the fake mockups.

I tried on a ring at a local store yesterday that had a 2.5mm band - i'm thinking that 2.0mm might be a nice compromise.

What sort of wedding band are you planning to match with this?

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Why are nearly all the stones low in color? I think it's a great concept and I think the settings are stylish, but nearly all the diamonds I see are H or below. Tons of J.

I would actually consider one of their three stones. My husband has been teasing me with the idea of an upgrade for 2 years now but we bought a house in June that has needed lots of repair and that kind of blew the budget. But I'm not sure what to think about the quality.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
@sprinklesparkles that is gorgeous! I saw on your other thread this is the 1.5mm band. This is the exact ring I was considering except with a brilliant round rather than the emerald. Thanks for responding - It's nice to see how it looks in real life rather than the fake mockups.

I tried on a ring at a local store yesterday that had a 2.5mm band - i'm thinking that 2.0mm might be a nice compromise.

What sort of wedding band are you planning to match with this?

If we get a new setting I'd go for 2mm with my stone. It feels like a 1.5ct+ (not sure my exact specs) needs something more substantial than the 1.5mm.

My fiance made my ring using a customizer similar to the diamond foundary one, that Vrai used to have on their site.

I have a hunch their normal settings are a bit studierer design. But they didn't have the east west settings at the time he ordered, and he knew I wanted that :)

I want a plain gold wedding band eventually, probably 2mm or so. A rounded or comfort fit band most likely.

We've looked into doing a workshop where we can make each others bands and I find that idea really sweet.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a ring from Vrai and Diamond Foundary. I find the setting a bit too delicate to be honest. The diamond is gorgeous though: 20191226_132749.jpg 20191226_132839.jpg 20200101_205343.jpg

Exquisite. I love DF and Vrai.. it's perfect on your finger, as well. :)

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a ring from Vrai and Diamond Foundary. I find the setting a bit too delicate to be honest. The diamond is gorgeous though: 20191226_132749.jpg 20191226_132839.jpg 20200101_205343.jpg

That stone though, tdf seriously.. Love Vrai but the (specifically solitaire) settings are simply too thin for my taste. Your ring is very pretty :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results