shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Psycho like me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wondering if anyone is psycho like me, designed the ring; incorporating everything you love into the setting, but can''t help thinking it might turn out awful and disapointing?

If I don''t like the very own ring that we designed together, how do I even say anything to him??! It has taken us 10 months to get through the process and I''m so afraid that there will be something about it that I wished I did differently. If this happens and I say something to him, I think that he''ll not talk to be for a couple of days. He''s spent more than he could afford, and I''m such a perfectionist especially since the first proposal many years ago was a flop.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I''m the only one lol!!

Beth07

Rough_Rock
RELAX! You will love it because it represents something you two did together! That ring is going to have so much sentimental value!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're not the only one! I'm afraid the setting I picked out won't go well with the stone shape I picked out (even though I photoshopped the two together many a time), that the stone will be too small, or too big (!), or that I'll hate the look of platinum, or I'll be that one person who's allergic to it, or that single prongs will look bad and I should've chosen double prongs...

...I think a lot of it is that the ring was supposed to be done "sometime in mid-January" and we haven't heard about it yet, so now I'm starting to get nervous and orver-analyze everything because I haven't seen it.

So no, you're not the only one! I've seen a few posters nervous about their ring for the same reasons, even after seeing their CADs, and then they're completely relieved and happy when it actually comes. I'm sure we'll be the same way
1.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was supposed to be done too Jan. 14th
but the jeweler was moving into another house, so personal life etc delaying it I guess.

It''s been 10 months the whole process!!! and yes that''s a factor
I was holding on to the sapphire for awhile and kept analysing it thinking it was too dark maybe, and my boyfriend got a little irritated with me and said what do you want to do??! Take it back and look some more??? I got a few other peoples opinion on here too and they agreed it was alittle dark, so it freaked me out even more!!! Talking about it isn''t helping, it sparkles like crazy it certain lights and other no. I don''t think I''m going to find the right color, cut, clarity, so i''m hoping, that it will look better in a setting

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 12:33:23 PM
Author: MustangFan
I got a few other peoples opinion on here too and they agreed it was alittle dark, so it freaked me out even more!!! Talking about it isn''t helping, it sparkles like crazy it certain lights and other no. I don''t think I''m going to find the right color, cut, clarity, so i''m hoping, that it will look better in a setting
I took a look at your thread and from my count, only ONE person said it was "a tad dark for my taste". It''s a gorgeous stone, and the ring will be beautiful. Don''t worry!!!
2.gif

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
If you get the ring and there is a flaw in it, have them fix it. Other than that, since you designed, you WILL love it. You will look at more than just an object (hopefully) but as your future life together. And after you are wearing it for a while, there may be something you wish you did different, but you get over it and you move on...

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Oh goodness yes!! It took me 6 months just to narrow down what I wanted to do and now that I am getting the CAD images back next week im so scared I will see it and it will be hideous and then im sort of locked into something that I dont want. I think its pretty normal but do take to heart that CAD''s are very accurate so if you liked it on there you probably will like it in real life :)

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the words of encouragement.

I think the jeweler hit the nail right on the head, my problem is that from the time I got the stone to the time we''ve made the setting has been a long time and left too much time to think about it.

Musey-- aww, thanks for the compliment on my stone!

Aqua- Why are you locked into it after the cad? I saw the green bubble gum wax and it''s really hard to picture, but with the stones in place looks like I''d love it, I had stars in my eyes when I got a nice view and the jeweler said normally it turns out better that she expects so.... yeah, I''m over reacting

thanks everyone!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Can you point me to the thread I would love to see some sapphire beauty today
18.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I so understand this,

I am doing all of it long distance as I''m fed up of buying things out of customs - and them losing things, so:

I was panicking about liking the stone - Wink showed me it tonight on his video link and I loved it.

Now I''m stressing over the setting. Problem is that I hate going in to jewellers and trying things on when I don''t want to buy things there. Instead I''m looking at pics of girls on PS with hands like mine and hoping I don''t have BMD where my paws are concerned. lol

Yup - definitely psycho!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
I think its georgeous!! To me it looks like it will throw off big beautiful violet blue flashes
30.gif
I dont think its to dark at all. The real question is when you saw it in person was it perfect? If it was then you have nothing to worry about its just the photos throwing you off, personally I think its beautiful and an excellent pear shape!!!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I had a lot of trouble finding a stone since I had a pear shape in mind and also a color in mind and it''s sometimes really hard to get specific with colored stones.
The jeweler brought in 5 different stones and I looked at stones in many other places
I saw my stone and my first impression was OOOOO that''s the one! but then after looking at it (they have very dim lighting in this jeweler store) I''m like aah, I don''t know and then she said here, come outside with me and get the sun to hit it and then I was like, Wooooooooooow look at it sparkle! My Boyfriend said that he had the same color in mind and he would have picked the same exact one with I wasn''t there. The digital camera shows more purple I think than in real life, or maybe it''s so blue it looks purple in some lights like Elizabeth Taylor''s eyes.

The setting we designed is really cool, well I think at least. I hope it turns out to be not too busy.
It has round secret sapphires on each side of the setting, bezel set.
Pear side stone diamonds with a halo of diamonds around them

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
Your setting sounds really cool! Do you have any pictures?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello, my name is Sara and I''m a Ring Psycho! lol

My husband keeps telling me, "I want my wife back." He gave me the green light back in june... we got the stone the end of august... and.... he thinks I''m holding out for perfection but it''s more complicated than that LOL I really haven''t changed my idea but I''ve been plagued with issues... and I still worry that I won''t like it.. I think that''s normal. One of many ''normals'' at least LOL Good luck!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 8:46:09 PM
Author: MustangFan
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pear-sapphire.48441/

here is the linky of the stone...

Pandora- why don''t you want to buy anything from your jeweler?
In the UK there is a choice of:

Cheap and nasty chainstores
Very expensive designer - ie Tiffany
Homemade looking custom.

There are a few custom jewellers but I don''t think that they are at the level of what you have in the US, the products all have that handmade look - which is great for somethings, but not if you want a sophisticated setting. I also think it''s often a coverup for poor workmanship - no excuse for pinholes in the metal, bad polish and squint shanks.

Prices are ridiculous over here too and it''s all 9ct gold.

As I used to work in the business I am well aware what the mark-up is and I don''t think it good value. I have tried to buy stones in Hatton Garden and not found anything. I also have friends who have either been or nearly been ripped off there.

So I either go to Antwerp and see my dealers for diamonds or use the internet for other stones.

Wink I discovered on Pricescope and he has done an amazing job on finding a great tsavorite for me - I only found one store in the UK that had even heard of them, which makes me think that their staff have done little more than a 2 day sales course.

The only reason for me to go to shops is to see what does or doesn''t look good on my hands!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Pandora,

I complete understand where you are coming from. I lived in the UK for a couple of years, and I just want to say it was great to come back home!! haha
Not offending your country or anything, but you are used to what you are used to... I couldn''t take all the shops shutting at half passed 5! My friend came over to visit me in the stateS and she couldn''t take it here, SHE SAID I''d be big as a house if I lived here, you people are crazy!! lol

I had no experience with handmade jewelry in the UK, my first FI was British and we bought my ring here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results