shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone planning to buy the Lightbox 2ct or XDEFVVS diamonds?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone planning to buy the Lightbox 2ct or "Finest" excellent cut, DEF color, and VVS clarity diamonds?

I thought about making a pair of 3-4ctw studs, but given how I don't even wear my 2ctw I decided against it. Another idea is to create an alternate ER / travel ring with the 2ct, either as a solitaire, 3 stone (with 1ct on each side), or unique halo, but that also seems unnecessary...

Lab diamonds (for me) are for fun, so I think I would prioritize carat, over color and clarity. But if I were to get an ER, I might be willing to pay for Lightbox's "finest" diamonds if they came in the same larger carat. 2x the price seems steep though...

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I just signed up to be notified for a 2 ct round pink. I think the LB prices are very good with the 10% off. If I took the bait, I'd be having a ring made with the pink as the center stone :). Thanks for the "heads up".

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
May i ask here please ?

What's the deal with getting a princess out of a bezel ?
Not looking to purchase just yet - the exchange rate is not good right now - but i do definatly want to get one to put into a ring
Screenshot_20210824-134236.png 5

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love 4 cttw earrings

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the notification list. :)

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh I’d love to see more of the LB excitement and resets that first got me chatting on the boards. At the same time, I’m realistic about supply limits — 2ctw studs are still constantly out of stock. Best of luck to everyone with their alerts set! I will be watching along with much anticipation.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
May i ask here please ?

What's the deal with getting a princess out of a bezel ?
Not looking to purchase just yet - the exchange rate is not good right now - but i do definatly want to get one to put into a ring
Screenshot_20210824-134236.png 5

I don't think it would be a problem, (at all), for a competent jeweler to dismount and then remount these stones, even if they are in the LB bezels, (my earrings came with martini mountings).
I did want to point out you are looking at "outlet" pieces. Do make sure you read the difference between the LB outlet stones vs. the regular ones and you are okay with that before you make a purchase.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've recently gotten into lab diamonds, and am very curious about this new range from Lightbox, as I plan to purchase some lab studs in the next year or two.

@lindam1503 on a slightly unrelated topic...WHAT is that sapphire and diamond deliciousness in your avatar?? :kiss2:

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I've recently gotten into lab diamonds, and am very curious about this new range from Lightbox, as I plan to purchase some lab studs in the next year or two.

@lindam1503 on a slightly unrelated topic...WHAT is that sapphire and diamond deliciousness in your avatar?? :kiss2:

I haven't made a post here, but I did on Reddit :). Sapphire came from Lisa Elser and the mounting was created by Debebians. Here you go, and if you want / need any more details, just let me know. They created that mounting for her Sri Lanka sapphire, and yes, I LOVE it :). Thanks for the compliment.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone else noticed that they show emerald cuts in their displays? Has it always been that way? Or do you guys think they might start cutting emeralds in the future... (would be my dream come true lol).

Am I crazy to see some emerald cuts in there?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone else noticed that they show emerald cuts in their displays? Has it always been that way? Or do you guys think they might start cutting emeralds in the future... (would be my dream come true lol).

Am I crazy to see some emerald cuts in there?
I think it’s probably baguette stones for now, but emerald cuts would be fantastic!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I hope they make heart shaped stones in white. A 2 ct one would be divine! I'm unsure whether I'll buy the new 2 ct coming in the fall (assuming I have a chance) but I can't wait to see pics and reviews of the 2 cts and the better cut stones.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Also toying with the idea of a classic knife edge solitaire in YG so I could do some fun stacking… could pop a lap colored stone into the pendant setting.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
I would love to buy one and have it cut to super ideal standards.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I wish they can do 2ct pear so I can make moi et toi ring with a lab gem.
2ct pear will be about 10mm in length. Very spready stone.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
It’s true the one drawback is cut!

Are there any specialty cut vendors who will cut lgd rough provided by customers? Would the price savings even be worth the hassle?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Are there any specialty cut vendors who will cut lgd rough provided by customers? Would the price savings even be worth the hassle?
I’m not an expert, but I think it would likely be worth it to just have a stone custom cut, or taking time to search the specs for already cut stones. By the time you pay for a recut it would probably be similar pricing to buying a stone cut to ideal specs in the first place. But I have not priced out lab stone recutting! I will say though that everything I have purchased from LB’s main line (not outlet) is colorless and eye clean. And cut has been at least very good with decent sparkle. But not to the same performance as the 2ct lab stone I picked for ideal parameters for an alternate engagement ring. I also think it’s hard to know if prices will come down over the next few years…

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
I’m not an expert, but I think it would likely be worth it to just have a stone custom cut, or taking time to search the specs for already cut stones. By the time you pay for a recut it would probably be similar pricing to buying a stone cut to ideal specs in the first place. But I have not priced out lab stone recutting! I will say though that everything I have purchased from LB’s main line (not outlet) is colorless and eye clean. And cut has been at least very good with decent sparkle. But not to the same performance as the 2ct lab stone I picked for ideal parameters for an alternate engagement ring. I also think it’s hard to know if prices will come down over the next few years…

I have not priced cutting a LGD. But let’s say a recut reduces the size to 1.75 and it is IF ( the four I have looked at under microscope were IF) and at least a G color and the total price, including diamond and cutting, was less than 3000.00. Bargain, no?

They do have that huge symbol tasered on to the top, not sure if that makes any didderence.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results