shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone pay health insurance out-of-pocket?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Hi MC,
I was paying for BC for 2 years until they premiums increased to a ridiculous amount for my husband and me.
We switched to Aetna which is costing us $230/month. I know you have 2 children to consider but it may be something to look into.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
waivers are not just granted to some companies for a short period of time, its providing exemptions from some of the very costly mandates. Regardless of the temporary exemption or not, again, its ironic to me the constituents of the party that passed the bill requested and granted waivers becuase they know the HCR is going to increase costs for everyone. Unfortunately for small businesses, you have no say or even ask for waivers. If the law applies to everyone, then Everyone should have the opportunities for waivers.

I'm not sure what insurance companies making profits has to do with providing quality health care. In fact, it's extremely clear that insurance companies are more concerned with their profits than the health of their policy holders.

I never said anything about the quality of health care from insurance profits... Insurance companies making profits has EVERYTHING to do with Costs. They are a business after all. The problem here lies in Affordability- did I mention costs?

In any case, I"m not surprise that many states are asking for waivers since the HCR means higher health care costs, higher taxes and more gov spending. The HCR is far more complex than you or I can argue over, and the effects of the HCR is yet to be determined due to incremental phases. I will be awaiting actual data to support the actual costs of health care / usage and the premiums changes in the coming years due to the HCR unless it gets repealed :cheeky: or waivers become permanent for all states ;))

Sorry MC - done [TJ]

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2|1303567908|2903344 said:
monarch64|1303548417|2903264 said:
Whoa! I haven't been insured (health-wise) for 3 to 4 years now because like Thing2 said, it would cost me upwards of $250/month. When I was working full time, that would've worked out to a nearly a quarter of my monthly income here. Now that I am working less than 30 hours/week...there's no way in hell I'd pay to have health insurance. That $250/month wouldn't even cover me if I got pregnant! A low down, dirty shame all around. I forgo activities (skiing, climbing, etc.) because I worry that I will be injured and won't be able to pay for health care. I've used Planned Parenthood off and on for many years because it's cheaper than seeing a regular physician for random things, including birth control and also for female health. (I can count on one hand the number of times I've been to PP) Too VERY bad federal funding was just cut. Thanks, America. PP isn't just an abortion clinic. :((

My parents who have always been self-employed, pay something like $40k per year. This is a couple who has worked hard day in and day out for all of their assets, taxed to death, put two children through school and college, seldom took vacations unless it was for their kids, etc. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer it was a ton of red tape although he was supposedly covered...oy, I shouldn't get started on that subject. :rolleyes:

ETA: also, any sort of insurance is a huge scam (in my opinion, and I have worked for an insurance agency and know the ins and outs, thank you, am still licensed until next month but will NOT be renewing). There, I said it.

PP funding did not get cut, monnie. Republicans tried to cut Title X funding but it didn't happen.

Thing2, in Indiana things are looking very, very dire (I was under the assumption that funding was being cut, period until I took a closer look at what's going on--sometimes I rely too much on FB for news!) http://www.fox59.com/wxin-planned-parenthood-measure-to-cut-planned-parenthood-funding-passes-indiana-senate-20110419,0,6002375.story

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results