shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a Scooba (the robot that mops floors)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking of getting one but reviews are mixed...some people say they love it, it''s great, others say it''s not as convenient/advanced as the Roomba (the one that vacuums) (i.e., you can''t schedule it, it doesn''t get into corners, you have to plug the battery into the charger, fairly short battery life, etc.).

I''m trying to decide whether it''s worth owning even with all the negatives, since I really can''t stand mopping the floors.

So does anyone here own one, and what do you think of it?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!! we own one, we name it salsa lol. We love it, we only had it for 6 months now, so the battery still working, we use it ones a week. The think I love the most is that goes down the sofas and beds. My Dh just made sure will not get trap in wires.

Takes a long time to clean, so we used it only in the living room and bedroom, so goes under the bed as well
9.gif

We actually own a roomba, me bad. But I guess both are kind of the same.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi...yeah, I heard the Roomba is great...but it really isn''t the same as the Scooba...

I SHOULD get the Roomba though! haha

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOONE here owns a Scooba? I thought many more people hated mopping floors as much as I do! haha

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do and I am waiting on the edge of my seat to hear the reviews! Sounds like an awesome idea.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about getting one to use on our kitchen linoleum, but we''re planning on replacing it w/hardwood and I don''t know if it can be used on wood or not. Would be nice to have tho-I use a plain ole Libman Wondermop, and mop almost every day-be nice to have a machine do it instead!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew! I'm relieved to hear I'm not the only one!

tacori - I know...they're EXPENSIVE though...that's why I want to make sure it's good!

packrat - you mop almost every day? Wow. I am impressed!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, our first floor is all hardwoods. Does it not work on that? Meanwhile...do you have any info on those new steam mops? They seem easier than a mop and bucket.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *try* to mop 6 days a week..doesn''t always work out, like if we''re busy doing something else..or if the kids keep dragging snow/sand/dirt/mud in depending on the season, I get torked off and don''t mop.

I went and looked at the website and it says it''s ok for sealed hardwood..but they really are expensive! I wonder if it would have better luck getting the stuff that seems to just be ground in and impossible to get out?

Steam mops..If I could find one I liked that worked the way I feel it should work, I would be in heaven, seriously. I tried one off QVC..one that you hold the steam thing over your arm like a purse kinda, and then the hose attaches to the handle/mop part. It went over the floors nice, but I hated having the steam thing close to me-it got pretty warm. I tried the H2O steam mop, and started having problems w/my shoulder b/c I had to SHOVE it back and forth. Tried the Shark steam mop, and it seemed to slide slightly better across the floor, but it had to be held at a stupid angle in order for the whole pad to be on the floor. And, a lot of those pads say you can''t wash them w/detergent and specific materials..and I''m not about to do a whole load for 1 or 2 of those little cloths. And they don''t come clean by handwashing. That''s my review.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat, thanks for your review of the steam mops! It is so helpful to hear real-life experiences that you can trust. Steam mops sound GREAT, but just like you said, I''ve heard they don''t work as well as expected. I forget where I was reading that they sometimes leave the floors really wet.

I''m with you though - I would LOVE for someone to come out with a steam mop that worked well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
About the only thing I liked about the ones I tried, was that they left the floor (especially the 1st one I tried) feeling really silky. I like to walk barefoot, but I don''t like that after I''ve just cleaned, the bottoms of my feet, or my kids white socks get dirty. Drives me batty. The pads for the steam mops would turn so dirty and black, I knew they were getting gunk out of the floors..but it just wasn''t worth it in the end. Maybe a woman needs to come up w/a new steam mop idea-the ones that don''t work couldn''t have been designed by anyone who''s ever mopped a floor before haha!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
prince charming, aka roomba, was officially welcomed into our all tile home some years ago after it took me 8 hours to mop just the downstairs on my hands and knees to get it done properly. my husband bought it and he runs it periodically, like when i say he needs to. prince charming is a member of the family and i respect him immensely.

mz

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2009 3:01:33 PM
Author: movie zombie
prince charming, aka roomba, was officially welcomed into our all tile home some years ago after it took me 8 hours to mop just the downstairs on my hands and knees to get it done properly. my husband bought it and he runs it periodically, like when i say he needs to. prince charming is a member of the family and i respect him immensely.

mz
hahaha mz

Is it the roomba or the scooba that you have?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
just went and checked: iRobot scooba = prince charming.

mz

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ, how often do you use Prince Charming''s services? What kind of floors do you have? Clean, obviously, haha!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mz, you''ve GOT to tell us more!

Does it clean the floors well? Is there anything you don''t like about it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results