shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a French Bulldog or a Boston Terrier???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 10:54:39 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Amethyste ~ Your Frenchie must have been a wonderful boy! I''ve heard that Frenchies are like potato chips: you can''t have just one! I hope you can get another one soon . . . and post pics for us to ''awwww'' at! LOL!
9.gif

9.gif

He was a delight. I miss him a lot, he''ll always have a special place in my heart...

Zonyinthepark.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another one... Lazy boy... I love this picture haha!

lazyzion.jpg

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/6/2009 9:22:22 PM
Author: Amethyste
Here''s another one... Lazy boy... I love this picture haha!
ROFL!!!

That is hilarious.. reminds me of my uncle after a few to many beers
3.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, you guys!!! The cuteness is KILLING me!!!
30.gif

Ms. Goggles ~ That little guy is just precious! I hope you get your puppy soon . . . I'm excited for you! Can I ask which breeder you're using? We're researching breeders right now, and I'm realizing how important it is to find a great one. But I'm not sure exactly how to tell the good ones from the bad ones, so any recommendations you could give me would be wonderful!

AMS ~ I remember when you got Camo! He is just a PRECIOUS little guy! Too cute! And thanks for all the info on the breed, health problems, etc. The pictures are adorable, and I love how he got his name! LOL!

Squirrly ~ Thanks for the Boston info! Sweet Pea sounds like a wonderful little girl, and I think it's so awesome that she is allowed to go to work with her Mom! I wish I could bring my "kids" to work with me!

LittleLysser ~ Thanks for the breeder info! I will definitely check them out! They are right here in PA, so that's nice. We're willing to travel a good distance to pick up our puppy if need be, but of course we'd rather go with a local breeder if possible.

Amethyste ~ He's beautiful! What a cute little guy! And I just love the look on his face in the second pic! LOL!
9.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I know you don''t need any more encouragement as far as puppies are concerned, but my friend just posted the cutest picture of her new puppy napping with his big sister. Hubby and I are getting a new puppy of our own soon (we get to pick her up in a few weeks!), so maybe that''s why I''ve become an enabler...
emotion-5.gif

siblings.jpg

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 9:39:52 AM
Ohhhh, you guys!!! The cuteness is KILLING me!!!
30.gif

Ms. Goggles ~ That little guy is just precious! I hope you get your puppy soon . . . I''m excited for you! Can I ask which breeder you''re using? We''re researching breeders right now, and I''m realizing how important it is to find a great one. But I''m not sure exactly how to tell the good ones from the bad ones, so any recommendations you could give me would be wonderful!
Hey there! I know what you mean - we had a difficult time knowing who was trustworthy and who wasn''t. I happened to cross paths with a girl who works for the French Bulldog Rescue of America. She recommended that I contact the breeder we''re going with - she lives in Ohio, which is 5.5 hours from us, but totally worth it!

I would recommend that you check out the French Bulldog Club of America website. They have tons of helpful info about the breed as well as a list of breeders, all of which have signed the FBCA Code of Ethics, have been club members for at least 3 years and have bred at least one confirmed champion. We''re not really interest in a showdog so the champion bit doesn''t make a bit of difference to me, but I think those tend to be people who really care about bettering the breed. THAT is what''s important to note when you speak to potential breeders. I definitely spoke to a few people on the phone who wanted $3000 for a puppy and didn''t care who I was or what my intentions were with their puppy. Donna actually invited us over to her house so we could meet her, her Frenchies, the litter she currently had, and so she could get a good sense of who we are. I can''t wait to have our little Hazel! Let me know if there''s anything else I can help you with!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi emm :)

i noticed you mentioned you''re going to crate your new baby during the day (i totally agree with crate training, by the way)

just 2 issues you might want to consider; with crate training the recommended upper limit is the same number of hours as the dog is in months, plus one. so if the dog is 2 months - there''s a recommended 3 hour limit. if he''d 3 months, there''s a 4 hour limit, and so on; they can''t hold their bladder any longer than that and peeing in their crate distresses them. also, altho he will initially sleep for a great deal of the time, i''m concerned you''ll come home to a ''ball on springs'' if he''s been crated all day - and i know you want a lap dog. will he ultimately be out of his crate during the day and will he be able to be exercised as soon as you get home so he can get his ya-ya''s out and settle for his evenings on your lap?

these puppies are ADORABLE and i hope this works out wonderfully for you!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PT ~ OMG!!! They are both just so adorable! I mean just RIDICULOUSLY adorable!!! So what kind of puppy are you getting?
9.gif

Ms. G ~ Are you using Donna Cron in Ohio? If so, she sounds like a good one! I have checked the FBDCA website, and I think it''s very helpful. I think they''re a little more particular about which breeders they allow to be listed on their site than the AKC is. And Hazel is a beautiful name for your girl!!! I can''t wait to see puppy pics!
36.gif

Whitby ~ Thanks for the tips! I''m actually pretty lucky in that I work very close to home, so I can come home every day at lunchtime to let everyone out for a potty break. Also, DH and I have been talking, and we''re not entirely sure that we''re going to buy a puppy from a breeder after all. We''re very seriously considering rescuing a Frenchie through the French Bulldog Rescue Network. I think we''d feel really good about that, and we''d also be getting a slightly older dog who can handle being crated for a bit longer. In fact, there are several puppers listed on FBRN''s website right now that are definitely on our list!
2.gif

Thanks again for all the advice, guys! I''ll keep you posted as things develop!
21.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad to hear that you''re considering the FBRN! I donate to them pretty regularly and I think they are just a GREAT organization!! Yay! Really dedicated to the breed and finding great homes for their dogs.

Even though we are by no means looking for a dog right now (have two fairly young dogs and we''re expecting a baby at the end of the summer), I STILL look on their website!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 10:38:37 PM

Whitby ~ Thanks for the tips! I''m actually pretty lucky in that I work very close to home, so I can come home every day at lunchtime to let everyone out for a potty break. Also, DH and I have been talking, and we''re not entirely sure that we''re going to buy a puppy from a breeder after all. We''re very seriously considering rescuing a Frenchie through the French Bulldog Rescue Network. I think we''d feel really good about that, and we''d also be getting a slightly older dog who can handle being crated for a bit longer. In fact, there are several puppers listed on FBRN''s website right now that are definitely on our list!
2.gif

Thanks again for all the advice, guys! I''ll keep you posted as things develop!
21.gif

well, speaking as someone who lucked out and adopted the most spectacular english setter of all time (ok, so i might be a tad biased!
9.gif
) - i like where your head is heading! if you''re not going to breed or show, i think adoption is definitely the way to go, altho i respect the right of people to do what they feel is right for their family.

do keep us up to date with your decision - i hope this is a great process for you!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LL & Whitby ~ DH and I sat down and really talked about this last night, and we''ve decided for sure that we''re going to adopt from FBRN instead of buying a puppy from a breeder. I''m SO excited about this!!!
9.gif

But I have to admit, I''m a bit nervous! I''ve heard that FBRN is VERY selective about where they place their dogs (which is a good thing, of course), and many prospective adopters don''t get selected on their first try. They encourage people to keep applying and eventually they WILL find the right match. I''m just so afraid we''re going to fall totally in love with one particular Frenchie and then we''re going to be passed over and he''ll go to someone else!
39.gif

So far, DH and I have picked out a total of ten possibilities on FBRN''s site. Three are currently available for adoption, and seven are currently in foster homes for evaluation/rehabilitation (but should be available for adoption soon). Wish us luck!
21.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What beautiful dogs!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results