shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone own a daniel k asscher eternity (u-ternity) band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
saw an "asscher" eternity at cartier but they arent real asschers...............

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ECF tried on one at Pearlmans, here''s the sideview of a picture she took.

DSC05417DanielKasscheruternityprofile.jpg

pic from bill''s site

08TT13.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2006 10:59:04 PM
Author:windowshopper
saw an ''asscher'' eternity at cartier but they arent real asschers...............
What do you mean they arent "real"..., if you mean they are not the genuine "Royal Asscher Cut", neither is Daniel K''s....

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 8:32:04 AM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 5/20/2006 10:59:04 PM
Author:windowshopper
saw an ''asscher'' eternity at cartier but they arent real asschers...............
What do you mean they arent ''real''..., if you mean they are not the genuine ''Royal Asscher Cut'', neither is Daniel K''s....
really--i thought daniel k only were real RA!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 9:20:28 AM
Author: windowshopper
i thought daniel k only were real RA!

Nope. Regular, ol' "generic"s are good enough for Daniel K
3.gif
... and they're good enough for me!
2.gif

I don't get the "Royal" obsession. I'd much prefer a true "antique" asscher which, BTW, much more resemble today's "generics" than RA's. Also, in small sizes like eternity bands -- RA's would look HORRIFIC (IMO). Too many too small steps would lose all their impact & be detrimental to the look of the band - not improve it.
33.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 9:29:14 AM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/21/2006 9:20:28 AM
i thought daniel k only were real RA!

Nope. Regular, ol'' ''generic''s are good enough for Daniel K
3.gif
... and they''re good enough for me!
2.gif

I don''t get the ''Royal'' obsession. I''d much prefer a true ''antique'' asscher which, BTW, much more resemble today''s ''generics'' than RA''s. Also, in small sizes like eternity bands -- RA''s would look HORRIFIC (IMO). Too many too small steps would lose all their impact & be detrimental to the look of the band - not improve it.
33.gif
interesting ...and i think i agree with you.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I want one. They look sooooo comfy.
9.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
comfy is not the word that comes to my mind.....................who carries Daniel K?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill Pearlman is the only PS vendor that does. I think Solomonbrothers and Judith Arnel also do.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/21/2006 10:12:38 AM
Author: KristyDarling
No but I want one. They look sooooo comfy.
9.gif
Watch out when you say comfy...
Usually Asschers are cut at around 70% TD. (SMALLER ONE''S ARE A LITTLE BIT HEAVIER).
It may cause discomfort "between the fingers" on an eternity ring!!!!!

I would suggest to firs try it out in a store, or make sure you get Asschers that are UNDER 70% TD.

I am suggesting this from experience.....

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2006 10:14:12 AM
comfy is not the word that comes to my mind.....................who carries Daniel K?
LOL. Well I neglected to finish my thought.
9.gif
I love the low profile...most step-cut eternity bands just seem so chunky and unwearable. And I like how it''s not metal-heavy all over.

And of course -- the main word that comes to mind is, HONEYCHECKTHISOUTCANIHAVEONE???!!!!
9.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 10:58:34 AM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 5/21/2006 10:14:12 AM
LOL. Well I neglected to finish my thought.
9.gif
I love the low profile...most step-cut eternity bands just seem so chunky and unwearable. And I like how it''s not metal-heavy all over.

And of course -- the main word that comes to mind is, HONEYCHECKTHISOUTCANIHAVEONE???!!!!
9.gif
yes i know what you mean--i love those honker EC eternitys but its like putting a ring of sharp bricks on your finger

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried one on at Eiseman''s, a jeweler here in Dallas that carries Daniel K, and although beautiful, it was really uncomforttable. Kind of dashed my dreams a little bit. *sigh*

However, I did really enjoy the 9 ct. Asscher with 3 sided pave that I tried on. It was a tad on the heavy side, though.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
....for one of those, I could stand a little discomfort!!
3.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 1:16:06 PM
Author: widget
....for one of those, I could stand a little discomfort!!
3.gif

widget
Me too widget!!!! WS you should contact Bill Pearlman if you are interested in buying one. www.pearlmansjewelers.com I love this look. Yummo!!!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i absolutely love this look...the Uternity asscher e-ring...gosh i''d love to have one. what a fab RHR that would be!!!

my local C&H jewelers carries Daniel K...that is where I tried on a bunch of his items. I would imagine a local vendor or two carries them as well near you WS, so you could go in there and try it on...and maybe walk out with one.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results