shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a Butter by Nadia dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I''ve read a lot of pros/cons from people about this dress. Or their idea of what a con might be. Anyone have one? I thought it might be cool for traveling and packing light.

http://butterbynadia.com/wrap.html

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I don''t own one, but now I really want one!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I wanted these for my bridesmaids so they could work it any way they wanted it. Alas, no stores carry it in New Mexico. Stupid desert. I REALLY want one of these. If I could just find a place that sold them online...

Well here it is, but only in Eggplant, and I want Cerulean!
http://www.shopmaluka.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=11230&pfid=MAL01018

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That looks like it could be disastrous in my care...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 8:30:47 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor

LOL it does look like something I could easily choke myself with. I want one so bad, though. The husband said I could, but I feel bad spending $250 on a piece of fabric.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:48:31 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

LOL it does look like something I could easily choke myself with. I want one so bad, though. The husband said I could, but I feel bad spending $250 on a piece of fabric.
Hey, you only go around once...right? It''s totally fine to splurge on yourself every now and again. If you like the dress, get the dress...you''ll enjoy it, and wear it.

I actually consider $250.00 to be a bargin...considering how many different dresses you actually get with that one piece. You''d spend well over $250.00 if you were to actually buy a similar dress for every "option" that comes with this one.

But, I would buy it in a universal color...like brown, black or grey or maybe even eggplant...so that you won''t be limited by color. I mean, the options color-wise are beautiful...but you can only wear aqua blue to so many places before its been done to death, you know?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
If anyone sews, this is a super easy project! I made one for myself a few years back (although unfortunately the fabric I chose was a bit too stretchy). It''s essentially a circle skirt with two long strips of fabric sewn at slight angles to the top of the skirt. I''ll look around and see if I can find the instructions...

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 10:22:41 AM

Hey, you only go around once...right? It''s totally fine to splurge on yourself every now and again. If you like the dress, get the dress...you''ll enjoy it, and wear it.

I actually consider $250.00 to be a bargin...considering how many different dresses you actually get with that one piece. You''d spend well over $250.00 if you were to actually buy a similar dress for every ''option'' that comes with this one.

But, I would buy it in a universal color...like brown, black or grey or maybe even eggplant...so that you won''t be limited by color. I mean, the options color-wise are beautiful...but you can only wear aqua blue to so many places before its been done to death, you know?

True. I''m just being cheap because it''s still fresh from when I had to sell my diamonds. We are comfortable enough to do buy it now, but I''ll think about it.

And BitT, that would be AWESOME! My mom sews and could help me make it
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
FOUND IT!!

I used the instructions from this blog back in 2006 -- it only took a couple of hours for (a not terribly talented sewer) to complete! And I think I paid about $25 for the material. Here''s the link:

Infinity Dress

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
YAY! thanks Big T! I am so trying this asap.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks BigT, I''m going to try this tonight! I love sewing!

April20

Ideal_Rock
This looks really cool but I am scared to death I would screw it up somehow and come unraveled while out!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 11:14:26 AM

Date: 2/24/2009 10:22:41 AM

Hey, you only go around once...right? It's totally fine to splurge on yourself every now and again. If you like the dress, get the dress...you'll enjoy it, and wear it.

I actually consider $250.00 to be a bargin...considering how many different dresses you actually get with that one piece. You'd spend well over $250.00 if you were to actually buy a similar dress for every 'option' that comes with this one.

But, I would buy it in a universal color...like brown, black or grey or maybe even eggplant...so that you won't be limited by color. I mean, the options color-wise are beautiful...but you can only wear aqua blue to so many places before its been done to death, you know?

True. I'm just being cheap because it's still fresh from when I had to sell my diamonds. We are comfortable enough to do buy it now, but I'll think about it.

And BitT, that would be AWESOME! My mom sews and could help me make it
36.gif
Didn't you just buy a lovely, fat, chunky cushion and a dainty little band in January?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
wow you guys sew too! Superwomen here on PS.
9.gif

I own one of these in ruby, and I really like it (it was a gift from my FSIL). The first time I tried it on, I couldn't do get it on--but I'm hopeless. A friend of mine had to help me learn how to get it on right, but now, I love it.

My review: On the one hand, its cool that you can get so many looks out of one piece, but on the other hand, it all sort of looks the same, so its not like you're getting all these different dresses in one (not IMO anyway). I want to get it in another color (maybe black?) Another thing, the fabric is clingy, at least the one I have, so if you don't like clingy fabric, beware. My BFF tried it on and she hated the way it looked...she's very busty and couldn't wear her normal bra with it. Also, someone mentioned it unraveling...if you put it on correctly, it doesn't loosen and fall off
6.gif
, so no worries. All-in-all, it's a hot dress, and violet02, it's perfect as a pack-light-vacation-dress.
5.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
How cute!!! I just happened to be in a cute boutique called Pookie & Sebastian when they had these dresses. I should have tried it on. It was super cute, but I didn't like the length. I like dresses to be short or long. Mid-calf isn't too flattering for my legs unless it's a pencil skirt.
17.gif
Oh! And Bia's right -- the fabric is very clingy. It's kind of "no undergarments or it'll show in lumps and bumps" clingy!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:32:14 PM
Author: Bia
9.gif

I own one of these in ruby, and I really like it (it was a gift from my FSIL). The first time I tried it on, I couldn''t do get it on--but I''m hopeless. A friend of mine had to help me learn how to get it on right, but now, I love it.

My review: On the one hand, its cool that you can get so many looks out of one piece, but on the other hand, it all sort of looks the same, so its not like you''re getting all these different dresses in one (not IMO anyway). I want to get it in another color (maybe black?) Another thing, the fabric is clingy, at least the one I have, so if you don''t like clingy fabric, beware. My BFF tried it on and she hated the way it looked...she''s very busty and couldn''t wear her normal bra with it. Also, someone mentioned it unraveling...if you put it on correctly, it doesn''t loosen and fall off
6.gif
, so no worries. All-in-all, it''s a hot dress, and violet02, it''s perfect as a pack-light-vacation-dress.
5.gif
Thanks for the review on how it is on Bia! I think a local shop here has them so I am going to call them and see if they do so I can try it on in person. I think it would be fun to get black or eggplant and a patterned one. The clingy fabris IS a consideration though. And I was wondering if it would realy look THAT different . Have you tried it as a skirt? Does that work?

TheBigT - awesome pattern thanks for sharing that! I''m not a sewer really though. I wonder if it would be less pricey to have a seamstress make you one then to buy one. That way you can have whatever fabric you want.

Overall though it''s a super cute idea!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 5:19:00 PM
Author: violet02
Date: 2/24/2009 4:32:14 PM

Author: Bia

9.gif

I own one of these in ruby, and I really like it (it was a gift from my FSIL). The first time I tried it on, I couldn''t do get it on--but I''m hopeless. A friend of mine had to help me learn how to get it on right, but now, I love it.

My review: On the one hand, its cool that you can get so many looks out of one piece, but on the other hand, it all sort of looks the same, so its not like you''re getting all these different dresses in one (not IMO anyway). I want to get it in another color (maybe black?) Another thing, the fabric is clingy, at least the one I have, so if you don''t like clingy fabric, beware. My BFF tried it on and she hated the way it looked...she''s very busty and couldn''t wear her normal bra with it. Also, someone mentioned it unraveling...if you put it on correctly, it doesn''t loosen and fall off
6.gif
, so no worries. All-in-all, it''s a hot dress, and violet02, it''s perfect as a pack-light-vacation-dress.
5.gif

Thanks for the review on how it is on Bia! I think a local shop here has them so I am going to call them and see if they do so I can try it on in person. I think it would be fun to get black or eggplant and a patterned one. The clingy fabris IS a consideration though. And I was wondering if it would realy look THAT different . Have you tried it as a skirt? Does that work?

TheBigT - awesome pattern thanks for sharing that! I''m not a sewer really though. I wonder if it would be less pricey to have a seamstress make you one then to buy one. That way you can have whatever fabric you want.

Overall though it''s a super cute idea!

Yes, I have tried it as a skirt, and it looks similarly to the picture. I''m pretty tall (5''10) so it wasn''t that long on me. I also wore it with a delicate tank top and it looked great! BUT, it was during the summer, so it "worked." I''m not a fashionista by any means, so this dress was only accidentally a hit, definitely not something I would have thought to rock on my own. As usual I got help from my FSIL (she could have been the 5th member of the SATC foursome) as she knows how to wear everything.

Definitely check it out because its a fun look, esp in the summer, as I said before. I love it in the ruby, but I also think black is a good color to get because you''ll get more wear out of it. You can''t wear a red dress every time, ya know?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 4:18:21 PM
Didn''t you just buy a lovely, fat, chunky cushion and a dainty little band in January?

Yes. I had to return it and sell my original round center stone. But that''s another thread
7.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2009 9:50:25 PM

Date: 2/24/2009 4:18:21 PM
Didn''t you just buy a lovely, fat, chunky cushion and a dainty little band in January?

Yes. I had to return it and sell my original round center stone. But that''s another thread
7.gif
7.gif
sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results