shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone on a wishlist for the March Buying Trips

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I really need to learn how to make jewelry. I have so many ideas, and lots of pearls I could use.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ennui start by learning to restring pearls...it's very very easy to do! If I can do it anyone can.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Pirard! It's a beautiful strand and looks beautiful on you!
I remember seeing a multi-color Edison strand in pkinnew's collection that she is selling.
It may very well be your sibling strand, and I think it may still be available!
Just saying... :)

And agreed with the ladies here - I generally prefer to mis-match!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I looked on LT but didn't see a listing...does she list elsewhere?

Purranha

Rough_Rock

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Nice to see you in freshwater pearls Pirard. The colours suits you very well.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Awww thanks Lovinggems! I love my Tahitians, but I also adore these.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
ennui|1457373952|4001098 said:
When you ladies are wearing the really large pearl strands, what kind of earring do you wear? Do you match the mm size of the necklace, or wear a smaller pearl earring? I see Pirard in a gemstone earring, so maybe you don't match the pearls at all?

ennui, when I wear my 12mm near round freshwater pearls, I wear 13mm round white pearl studs or for a lighter look I would wear my diamond studs.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1457326836|4000878 said:
I bought these during a Pearl Paradise mother's day sale a couple of years ago. They had three strands available at this size, and I think a handful of slightly smaller strands as well. I recall they were somewhere around $1100, give or take. Here's another photo along with a shot of the original three strands. My strand is the one in the middle
img_0804_0.jpg 4_106.jpg

Thanks for sharing Pirard, such a big lovely strand.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1457326836|4000878 said:
I bought these during a Pearl Paradise mother's day sale a couple of years ago. They had three strands available at this size, and I think a handful of slightly smaller strands as well. I recall they were somewhere around $1100, give or take. Here's another photo along with a shot of the original three strands. My strand is the one in the middle
img_0804_0.jpg 4_106.jpg

That's really good value. I bought my purple strand for quite a bit more.
I asked for some stuff from Kevin. Waiting for him to price them and advise on availability. Would love to see what everyone else got.

Bweaves: so glad you got the edisons! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to photos of your new pearls Icy.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I haven't got them yet! I'll keep you all posted.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just got my POJ metallics 11-12 mm

image_593.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1459611421|4014594 said:

image_593.jpg
those are amazing!!!
You should post some ear shots! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: ;))

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I think I posted in another thread, can't remember, but I passed on the POJ Edisons, sight unseen. This is nothing against the Edisons, but after buying the Kojima Tahitian strand, Tahitian earrings, and having the Hamantaschen made by a local jeweler, and I just ordered a Tahitian pendant from Kamoka, I think now is not the time for a big white choker.

Plus, I'll be going to the PP Ruckus, and I want to look at South Sea pearls and compare them to Edisons, so I'll know if future which I want to save up for.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Ckrickett - they are stunning, *sigh* I really want a pair but the are so many pearly goodies on my wish list! How do they feel on?

BWeaves - ooh which Kamoka pendant did you get?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice IcyJade. :appl:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Siameseroo|1459634017|4014736 said:
Ckrickett - they are stunning, *sigh* I really want a pair but the are so many pearly goodies on my wish list! How do they feel on?

Oops - congrats on the beautiful pearls icy jade!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1459611421|4014594 said:

image_593.jpg

Oh! I ordered a pair of 11-12mm metallics as well from PoJ yesterday (or a couple of days ago). I hope mine are as lovely as yours!

ETA: How do you like them, Icy?

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Siameseroo|1459634017|4014736 said:

The big one.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
My Kamoka pendant arrived today.

img_0833.jpg

img_0827.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh goodie! I had admired the pendant and wondered what it looked like IRL.
Beautiful!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves|1459808821|4015410 said:

img_0833.jpg

img_0827.jpg

It's gorgeous!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, are you happy with them? Post ear shots either way! :love:

BW, how beautiful that pearl is, love the setting!!! :love:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I've decided to name my Kamoka pendant "La Perlagrina."

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1459962283|4016208 said:
I've decided to name my Kamoka pendant "La Perlagrina."

Beautiful drop Bweaves!

--------
I'm still on the fence about the new studs and still need a bit more time to mull over it.

I like the size (I've a serious case of PSS as 10-11mm used to be the ideal size for me and now I can imagine going even bigger) and the metallic luster. But... The luster isn't as sharp as I'd expected from my other metallic strand and gem grade fwp so I'm disappointed on that front. Am aware that it could just be my unrealistic expectations so I wanna check...

Peeps who have large metallic white studs: is the luster typically lower/poorer on larger metallics?

Anyway some pics (but sorry no ear shots as I suck at those) with my other whites.

With gem grade fwp n ssp drops. Gem grade fwp has best luster, followed by metallic whites n then ssp. Ssp has the coolest white color (which pops against my skin the best), followed by metallic white n fwp (which is off white/pale cream).
image_608.jpg

image_611.jpg

With my cream metallic strand from Pp n gem grade fwp studs. I dunno if you can tell but the strand has really sharp luster, followed by the gem grade studs n then metallic white. The strand is also much more metallic.
image_609.jpg

With my ssp strand.
image_610.jpg

So... I think if I didn't have my other existing pearls to compare against, I would definitely be thrilled with these metallic white studs. They are a good size, and look great on the ear. I actually think they are really great value compared to ssp, especially if creamier tones looks good on you. The color doesn't pop for me the way cool whites do, so that's one drawback.

But, the luster bugs me as I'd expected much sharper luster from the other metallic n non-metallic pearls that I have. I'm actually reasonably happy with how they look on my ear (luster wise) until I compare against those other pearls. I know you get what you pay for, so I didn't expect to love these fwp the way I think I will love my future ssp studs. But still... So I really hope to hear from others who have bought large metallic white studs.

Hope this helps future buyers. It's really hard to make purchases online and I think it's more daunting for international buyers like me who have to deal with fees n taxes. Plus I feel that most of the time we see gorgeous buys in the forums which may not always be realistic as I guess it's harder to post about disappointments than delights.

So yeah, am still on the fence about them but returns are a pain so I typically don't return unless it really really bugs me. I plan to look at them in a few days to see how I feel about them. Kevin is really sweet and has a fabulous return policy so I know I am in good hands if I do want to return them.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Icy Jade, thank you very much for your opinions and comparison photos. I should be getting my studs in a few days, and I will post photos of mine, too.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
So, since I went a bit Tahitian crazy, I passed on the POJ Edisons, sight unseen. My budget wasn't up to the task.

Did anyone buy the POJ Edisons?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1459808821|4015410 said:

img_0833.jpg

img_0827.jpg

Oh there it is! That looks amazing on you. I love the setting.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
BWeaves, your kamoka pendant is really beautiful. It looks very good in that simple chain, it lets the pearl and bail be the stars.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results