shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone on a wishlist for the March Buying Trips

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, the code was good until the end of February. So they're really only a day or two off.

Both Edison strands look gorgeous! I would love to have one too. At first I thought they were too big, but I'm not so sure of that now!

I'm curious about the 9 - 10 mm round white metallic strands. Round metallics don't seem to be that common in white.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Susan, I can't wait to see the Edisons on you!! I'm so excited that we get a chance to see them on someone :appl: I was very tempted to buy that strand because I love *big* pearls : )

Ckrickett, I LOVE those carved pearls! I didn't know they carved FWP as well as the Tahitians.

I don't have anything on the wishlists, my pearl fund is empty these days.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I got home tonight and my Kojima package was waiting for me. Sarah is currently in Hong Kong buying more pearls, so these were ones that were previously on her website. Although the earrings only just showed up a couple of days ago and I grabbed them quick. Then I thought I should at least order the necklace I've been hesitating about and see if they match.

OMG. I was secretly hoping I wouldn't like these, and then I'd get the Edison necklace, but now I really want to keep them. They're gorgeous. They are the Helen opal and Tahitian pearl drop earrings, and the Isa Isa necklace with the sapphire and white gold vintage clasp. I like a fancy clasp.

On my neck, on the back porch at twilight. This is close to what the pearls look like in real life.

img_0598.jpg

img_0599.jpg

On my bathroom counter.

img_0600.jpg

img_0602_1.jpg

img_0601_0.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are wonderful on you!

Maybe you can do both?? An advance present for the next big occasion?

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bweaves,

I really like those on you. But, if you can only have one, if it's between baroque Tahitians and an Edison strand, I'd suggest going for the Edison strand. The reason is that nice baroque Tahitian strands are much easier to find than a white Edison. There will be many opportunities to find nice Tahitians whereas I'm not sure how many times a unicorn strand like a nicely matched, great luster, nice surface quality, white Edison strand will be available, at least not until China gets way more consistent at making them. Over the past couple of years I can only remember PP having maybe 3 of them in total (anyone correct me if I am wrong - it seems to me that they have historically been multicolour pink/peach/white), and I might be falsely remembering the third. Now POJ has one. So if you really want one, you should grab it.

OTOH, I know you have been looking forever for a Tahitian strand that you like...and these seem like a winner. It's the torment of pearls....they never come when it's convenient and you are actively looking, budget in hand, and then they all come at once and you worry about the wisdom of buying so many at once.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Hi cmd:

Thanks for the advice. I'm inclined to agree with you, but I secretly can afford both, cough cough. I'm just feeling very guilty about it.

And though I could find another Tahitian strand and earrings, these are calling me. If they were even just a little bit "just OK" I would send them back, but they are just right. I've ordered enough Tahitians and been disappointed in them, that I know the winner when I see it. Also, I'm not sure I'll ever be anywhere that actually has a load of Tahitians for me to pick from in person. The photos I took really don't do them justice. They are much prettier in person. Plus, the earrings and necklace combined were much less expensive than the Edisons will be.

I'm definitely going for the Edisons, too. I think they are a once in a lifetime opportunity.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Strike while the iron is hot"! =)

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
can't wait to see some more photos - especially of the edisons :love:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BWeaves|1457139896|4000004 said:
Hi cmd:

Thanks for the advice. I'm inclined to agree with you, but I secretly can afford both, cough cough. I'm just feeling very guilty about it.

And though I could find another Tahitian strand and earrings, these are calling me. If they were even just a little bit "just OK" I would send them back, but they are just right. I've ordered enough Tahitians and been disappointed in them, that I know the winner when I see it. Also, I'm not sure I'll ever be anywhere that actually has a load of Tahitians for me to pick from in person. The photos I took really don't do them justice. They are much prettier in person. Plus, the earrings and necklace combined were much less expensive than the Edisons will be.

I'm definitely going for the Edisons, too. I think they are a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Yay! I'm so excited to see pictures!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
The Tahitians look great on you! I love the presence of the earrings, they are different yet classic. If they make your heart sing, that's really the ultimate test.

The Edisons I'm sure will be amazing. Can't wait to see photos.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful Tahitians, BWeaves. I love the earrings, and the clasp on the necklace. Very pretty, very special.

I see you've already decided to get the Edisons, too, but I was simply going to suggest getting the pearls that fit your lifestyle. I find that Tahitians are very wearable, but sometimes I feel overdressed in white pearls.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
D2B|1457152778|4000061 said:
can't wait to see some more photos - especially of the edisons :love:
ditto

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my white pearls less than my other colors, but some clothes just call for white pearls. The nice thing about the 9-12mm range is that it won't be heavy, and also not too large.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I wear white pearls with jeans all the time. Actually, I'm more likely to layer on multiple strands of pearls when I dress casual, than when I dress fancy. I guess it mimics the costume jewelry look, only I know they're real. I see no point in saving pearls for special occasions. But I can see how the Tahitians may go with a lot of things in my wardrobe. They give me a blue baroque akoya vibe, and I wear those with everything, too. I'm amazed at the colors you wouldn't think would match pearls and then they do.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1457215383|4000309 said:
Oh, I wear white pearls with jeans all the time. Actually, I'm more likely to layer on multiple strands of pearls when I dress casual, than when I dress fancy. I guess it mimics the costume jewelry look, only I know they're real. I see no point in saving pearls for special occasions. But I can see how the Tahitians may go with a lot of things in my wardrobe. They give me a blue baroque akoya vibe, and I wear those with everything, too. I'm amazed at the colors you wouldn't think would match pearls and then they do.

I do this too, I LOVE the look of pearls and casual clothes. Also its so hot in Florida, wearing pearls is nice and cooling :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think because my white pearls are all round rather than baroque and at that classic fancy length, they read more formal than my baroque Tahitians or multicolor freshwaters. So I wear mine less too. I live in my Tahitians with my work wardrobe. I do wear my white ropes a lot in the summer though.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Just for spite (hehehe) I'm going to wear the new Edisons with jeans and a chambray shirt as their first outing. It'll be a few weeks before you get a photo. Kevin's not back yet.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
You are going to love them...I have a multi color strand of Eddies and I wear them all the time with summer clothing. Not sure what size yours are, but mine are 12-15mm and they are big. I think most people assume they are fake, which is fine by me!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pirard, can you post a pic of them? Especially one where you're wearing them? Would love to see!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Yes post please Pirard!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Here ya go! One casual look, one work look. img_5616.jpg img_1416.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I love big pearls so much these are fabulous. Tell us about these Pirard. How and when did you acquire these? They are so big! I want to see more pictures when you can.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these during a Pearl Paradise mother's day sale a couple of years ago. They had three strands available at this size, and I think a handful of slightly smaller strands as well. I recall they were somewhere around $1100, give or take. Here's another photo along with a shot of the original three strands. My strand is the one in the middle
img_0804_0.jpg 4_106.jpg

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous. You're right. If I didn't know pearls, I'd think they were fake,too. People have told me that they thought my natural white Hanadama rope is fake because it doesn't look like the lower quality pearls they've seen in the brick and mortar stores. I always feel like I'm not going to get robbed wearing pearls, because nobody knows what they really are.

Kevin's (I can't really call them mine yet) are 9 - 12 mm. My neck and ears have a weight limit, and I've learned that 12mm seems to be it.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
These are the largest pearls I own, although I have some flame balls that are just a tad smaller. They are weighty, but not uncomfortable...I just don't get on a scale while wearing them. I have a pair of 12 mm studs, but they don't get a ton of wear, as I prefer an earring with a drop, dangle or hoop.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
And, oh yeah, I should've bought all three strands!!! What was I thinking?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
When you ladies are wearing the really large pearl strands, what kind of earring do you wear? Do you match the mm size of the necklace, or wear a smaller pearl earring? I see Pirard in a gemstone earring, so maybe you don't match the pearls at all?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on the mood I'm in...sometimes I match, sometimes I don't...I do like gemstones and pearls, and that pair of earrings are champagne quartz and silver.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
The older I get, the less matchy-matchy I get. Unless something really clashes, I just wear whatever feels right with the outfit. A lot depends on how my ears feel that day. Sometimes I want something light weight, or something that won't catch on whatever else is around my neck.

Also, I think it's easier to wear big or expensive pearls with casual clothes when everything does not match. The matching seems like a more formal look to me. Or not. Who am I kidding?

And while I'm inclined to say, yes, you should have gotten all three strands, what would have done with them?
If one strand is heavy, how would three feel?
Would you have done a triple? Or a rope?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Stare at them endlessly....Actually, tho I would have broken them into components. Bracelet, tin cup, two necklaces, earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results