shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone need an ACA laugh?

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Y'all,

I have been perseverating forever about my little 5 stone ring. I wanted to go down the route of the inimitable @mrs-b and get ACA quality stones from BN or other but I fell prey to analysis paralysis and self doubt and decided ACA was the way.

Then I wanted to follow in @RunningwithScissors footsteps and buy the stones one at a time as they popped up on the site. I decided to match the sides of my three stone, so 0.34 ct. Well one popped up and I put it on hold and called my SA. At this point I've been contemplating this project for months. My SA went over the inventory and she said in the past three years, there have been a total of four stones with these specs that have come up, two of which are in my ring and one of which I had on hold. In order to speed things along I would either have to get 0.32s or 0.4s. Apparently custom cutting 0.34ish would be more expensive for various reasons. All new custom cuts would also not have the original AGS certificates, which I guess meant more to me than I thought.

I then looked through their inventory and if I wanted to buy five stones with the original AGS certificates , then it would be 0.32s in F. That decided it. I placed the order and they arrived today!

While I was examining them today, one flew out of the holder onto the floor and thankfully my dogs didn't eat it. When I was trying to line them up on tape to see if I would like the finger coverage, one slipped and rolled into the sink (I was working on the kitchen island). I was trying to put them away and I mixed up their boxes and got flustered and yet another got away. I somehow got them all secured back in their boxes. Good news, I like the size.

I have yet to decide on the setting but I don't think I can crowd source that further, I just have to decide. I'm still between a classic tiffany or a six prong. It would be nice if the universe would decide for me as it did with these stones. I will definitely show y'all that bling when it finally arrives.
Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 2.21.48 PM.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pesky little things aren’t they? Flipping all over the place! I think your new ring will be beautiful - can’t wait to see it and glad you found five stones that fit the bill. Thanks for sharing this adventure - when you said sink my heart sank! Glad you were able to retrieve it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
OOPS! I've learned not to examine gems around sinks (open sources, etc). Glad it all (safely) worked out!

cheers--Sharon

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!! What a story. Glad they are all back in their beds for now!

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock
Line them up all in one box and show us!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aaacckkk!! :eek-2: I think you just gave us a heart attack!! I’m glad you were able to all your babies back in their cute see thru boxes!! Next time maybe lay down a black or dark colored towel when looking at them in the open!! I can’t wait to see your 5 stone band!

- C4C

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I stood there, hands shaking and giggling at the absurdity, and I knew folks on this forum would understand! As I chased the one in the sink I realized a visit from the plumber might actually cost more than rescuing this one little stone!

I think there is zero chance I take them out of their beds again but if I do I will certainly take a family photo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
You need those jeweler tweezers!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha I had a good laugh!! My heart sank reading about sink, thankfully your babies were able to be retrieved!! I was playing with some loose diamonds recently and they are pesky little things. You would sleep more soundly when they are in their beds lol.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1679636975687.jpeg
1679636988381.jpeg
and
excellent-5b8ed5.jpg

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't resist... I love them. I could have gone bigger but I'm not sure I would notice the difference and I don't like it when they fall off the finger, I think when these are curved in a setting they will fit just right. No worries, they are all safely back in their beds again.
Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 11.47.16 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 11.48.09 AM.png

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
This story made my day! I've lost two diamond rings over the years and multiple pendants and earrings! Your ring is gonna be awesome!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love this project! And I feel your pain about them being slippery little boogers!

I know this is going to be a gorgeous ring.

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
Update: I think I've decided on the setting and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, because I'm not a 2-D girl.

I've decided to go with the profile of the classic tiffany basket. I really wanted single prongs on the end, and for all the prongs to be the same, and so ended up with claws.

DK sent me this photo, and I think it actually belongs to @mrs-b; it's a graduated seven stone but this is what mine would look like from the top and on the side.

I think "my" version has a delicate tapered look? I didn't want a heavy looking band. My other priority was to make sure the stones look rounded and not squared off.

I apologized to David for being so picky about such a simple design when I see all the amazing stuff y'all commission from him and he was so super kind and patient.

Any thoughts? Thank y'all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.32.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.32.21 PM.png
    934.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.33.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.33.40 PM.png
    362 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.34.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.34.23 PM.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.35.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 12.35.02 PM.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 30

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I think I've decided on the setting and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything, because I'm not a 2-D girl.

I've decided to go with the profile of the classic tiffany basket. I really wanted single prongs on the end, and for all the prongs to be the same, and so ended up with claws.

DK sent me this photo, and I think it actually belongs to @mrs-b; it's a graduated seven stone but this is what mine would look like from the top and on the side.

I think "my" version has a delicate tapered look? I didn't want a heavy looking band. My other priority was to make sure the stones look rounded and not squared off.

I apologized to David for being so picky about such a simple design when I see all the amazing stuff y'all commission from him and he was so super kind and patient.

Any thoughts? Thank y'all.

I loved that 7 stone ring while I had it, @FornasettiLover. it was incredibly elegant and not at all 'lumpy'. I also think your Tiffany basket style will look nice incorporated into it.

So my only thought is - this is going to be gorgeous. ::)

HockeyMama

Shiny_Rock
I loved that 7 stone ring while I had it, @FornasettiLover. it was incredibly elegant and not at all 'lumpy'. I also think your Tiffany basket style will look nice incorporated into it.

So my only thought is - this is going to be gorgeous. ::)

Thank you for the reassurance @mrs-b! I will certainly post photos when it is done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results