shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone knows of a trustworthy consignment vendor for antique jewelry?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I’m looking for a trusted vendor to help consign/purchase my antique emerald earrings. I’ve tried to sell them on my own but feel perhaps due to the lack of visibility and price over $2000 that perhaps buyers are hesitant to purchase from an individual.

I’ve reached out already to Jewels by Grace and Lang’s but the fees seem high for the value of the item. (And I don’t mean to imply any vendor blame! Perhaps my item is not super high value as to make consignment worthwhile.)

Any other recommendations? Anyone ever consign with Sin City Finds? (Seems to be very popular on Instagram!)

1C4094E8-9270-41A6-8ED3-A7696BB3FCEF.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
You might just list them on Etsy?

I‘m not qualified to say whether your earrings are actually antique but you could search out similar styles and look at their prices. Even if you don’t decide to sell privately, it couldn’t hurt to look at comps.

Good luck!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

I‘m not qualified to say whether your earrings are actually antique but you could search out similar styles and look at their prices. Even if you don’t decide to sell privately, it couldn’t hurt to look at comps.

Good luck!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Good luck!

Hi PreRaphaelite! Sorry to threadjack OP, but could you elaborate on selling on Etsy? Wouldn’t OP have to create an account and if she only had one item to sell, how would that work? Sorry, I have the same question about how novices can sell consign or sell items.

OP I have seen Sin City Finds consign some items but I don’t know anything about her policies on that. I don’t know if she consigns as a favor for an existing customer, or if she is actually consigning in general. If you find out anything please post here. I like her inventory and taste very much.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, rates are very low now. Auction houses are eager but they are giving very low pre-sale estimates.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, have you considered having an appraisal done by a reputable independent professional?

I know David Atlas will examine your item and prepare a jewelry description and market report for selling - https://datlas.com/market-reports/ - FWIW I sent something to him a few years back for one of these reports. I recall he cost was very reasonable, it was a quick turnaround, and I strongly believe the report really assisted in a quicker sale of the item (via LoupeTroop).

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@marymm Many thanks for the suggestion! I may look into it; I agree that harder to sell pieces as an individual for sure! Maybe additional paperwork might help!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results