shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know who can cut some Emerald rough??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spilleta

Rough_Rock
Many years ago when my grandfather was in the military (approximately 60 years ago!), he was in Brazil. He brought back some rough emeralds that he just had sitting around. He passed a few years ago, and I got the rocks. So I bought a tumbler and went to town. There are some very clear emeralds in there, and was wondering who would give me an honest opinion on them as far as wether they are worth while or not. I don''t want to ship Emeralds to someone I don''t know, have them keep them and tell me "Nah, nothing worth while." Meanwhile, they''re cutting them up for their own use. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

LuckyCarl

Rough_Rock
I'm currently in the process of finding glassy emerald rough to cut. If anyone knows where I can find some, please e-mail me.

But, to reply to your email, any person who facets colored stones can just look at a picture and at least give you a general ball park. To know more anything more exact will take a trained eye with the stone in hand, and maybe even some lab equipment.

Lucky Carl
[email protected]

wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results