shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone know which brand is better

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
I was wondering about Canadian diamonds. Is the eskimo brand (which is accompanied by a gov't cert) better than the polar bear? (which i think does not come with a gov't cert). In my research i found that the Eskomo brand is 10-15 % cheaper.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It depends on the individual diamond and its cut quality.
Most diamonds do not know the name of the company who cut them.
There are some brands based on exceeptionally tight tolerances and consistant proportions. I do not think any of the Canadian companies have developed those reputations.

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
if you are looking for the best, then 8star is the best canadian diamond. all of their diamonds that are not special order (basically under 1.5 carats) are Canadian Rough in origin. They don't come w/ a cert, but with Richard Von Sternberg's oath that they are what he says.

i beleive him.

though they are definately NOT cheaper.

By the way, i have my diamond on the way!!!

.61 8* H VS2. heheheh. got the x-prong setting from whiteflash, and had them ship it to wink(whom has been nothing but impecable). i can't wait! it should be done and in my hands by next tuesday, which would then be in my girl's hands by that evening, weather permitting(3 hour drive to the "UP" of michigan, where a foot of snow is a dusting.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results