shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know ebay seller Nevadacoinjewelery

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Ive found some earrings on eBay but wondered if anyone has bought from nevadacoinjewelery Before?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone? They have actual stores also.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stay off eBay

Aurora43

Rough_Rock
I do a lot of shopping on eBay myself, but it is not usually when I am jewelry shopping. While I am not familiar with that particular seller, it might be in your best interest to only purchase from well-known, verified online jewelry shops to get the best bling for your buck.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
there are many members here who buy from eBay- I actually buy jewelry from there all the time. Always buy from a seller who has a great return policy and (i suggest) a long history of good feedback. Engage in a message exchange with them and ask detailed questions. If they seem open and have the info you are requesting, then in another eBay message (As these can be used for basis of a refund later should it ever get to that) ask specific info about the return policy- is it no questions asked, or just if the item is proved to be different from what is stated in the listing.

There are GREAT deals to be had on eBay. There are also tons of tons of unscrupulous folks looking to take your money. Always protect yourself, and feel free to post the listing here and ask what the prosumers think.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Bump!!!

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Lauren!

Based on the fact that this seller has over 16K positive feedback and a 30 day return policy, if you can get these for a good price i would say go for it!

Its a little bit tricky with authenticating designer pieces at the store vs. just getting a stone checked out to make sure its a real diamond, sapphire, whatever. Tiffany especially i have heard can be very sensitive to folks bringing in pieces that they bought second hand to try and find out of it's real. If you win, one thing you can do is take to Tiffany and tell them you want to get your earrings serviced and you want to get a quote for having them spiffed up like new. They will always examine a piece before taking it in.

For what it's worth, I have only a vague familiarity with Tiffany victoria pieces but i noticed that in this pair, each of the small marquise stones have fairly visible bow ties. Now since these are tiny and on your ears it probably wont make a visual difference but i am pretty sure I read somewhere once that all the marquise diamonds they use are "brilliants" with a star shaped center- so, no bow tie. This does NOT mean these are not authentic, I just wanted to call it out.

Good luck! I know you have been eyeing these for a while! :wavey:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
here is another pair of small- looks like it has a bit of darkness towards the middle but see in the close up, it's pretty minimal. Can you ask the seller for more close up photos of the stone? May be the shadows causing some additional darkness. Also authentic Victoria earrings curve up ever so slightly, so in photographs they sometimes look a bit dark if someone is taking cruddy pics, but they look prettier on the ear

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tiffany-Co-Victoria-Platinum-Diamond-Pierced-Earrings-Pt950-Flower-Floral-Small-/262733703997?hash=item3d2c262b3d:g:sf4AAOSwxKtX~z69

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the seller how he authenticated the earrings as Tiffany. Maybe he has an original receipt or something :dance:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dolly! Thank you so much for your reply! I too noticed the bow tie and felt Tiffany Victoria would not have this problem but I'm not sure.

I have 15 hours left until auction finishes...

The seller told me he threw receipt out due to privacy details.... which I found odd

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I find it hard to believe anyone would throw a Tiffany receipt away while still holding the Tiffany jewelry. That doesn't make sense. Throwing the evidence of valuable assets in the trash, deliberately? just doesn't happen. I'd pass.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Major red flag. Pass

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Name piece jewellery" comes with a premium but unless you are getting "proof" you could be overpaying and possibly getting a fake piece. It is well known that fake pieces abound on eBay. The other issue is, after you've paid a premium for Tiffany, if you want or need to resell them, people are going to demand proof that they are real or they won't buy. I think you would be better off buying for quality, size, cut, clarity rather than being influenced by a pale blue box. Tiffany isn't going to issue you with "proof" so you can sure you have real Tiffany earrings and have a piece of paper to show a potential buyer if you need to resell them. And just for your Information, the land of the replica these days even issue fake receipts along with their fake products. Scary and why I would never buy a "designer piece" on eBay.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Bron357|1480279059|4102953 said:
"Name piece jewellery" comes with a premium but unless you are getting "proof" you could be overpaying and possibly getting a fake piece. It is well known that fake pieces abound on eBay. The other issue is, after you've paid a premium for Tiffany, if you want or need to resell them, people are going to demand proof that they are real or they won't buy. I think you would be better off buying for quality, size, cut, clarity rather than being influenced by a pale blue box. Tiffany isn't going to issue you with "proof" so you can sure you have real Tiffany earrings and have a piece of paper to show a potential buyer if you need to resell them. And just for your Information, the land of the replica these days even issue fake receipts along with their fake products. Scary and why I would never buy a "designer piece" on eBay.

I very respectfully disagree. Sometimes there are pieces out there where there is never an intention to resell, but many people do buy without a receipt/ additional info as long as there is a super solid return policy. To that end I actually prefer buying designer jewelry on eBay because you are protected so fully AS LONG as there is a return policy stated in the listing. In this same vein, a style of jewelry that is very particular to a high end designer can often be duplicated but you lose a bit of the magic. Cartier love bracelets, VCA Alhambra pieces, tiffany victoria/ schlumberger designs all pop to mind. I would always choose a second hand version of the original pieces over a remade version (although I do have "victoria style" earrings that I got a great deal on, though I never try to pass them off as Tiffany I just like the design)

If you do decide to take a risk and purchase, i would bring it in to Tiffany's right away. I have heard that some sales associates will tell you if they are fake or not- sometimes you need to say you want to get it serviced and you can find out that way. If you want to resell, you can have Tiffany give you an up to date valuation report- it's not free, I think it varies in price depending on what you want.

In the end it is up to you OP, as long as you know the risks and go into this with an open mind that it may not be real, and you know for SURE you can return and get your money back- it's up to you. I have about a 75% success rate on eBay of stuff ending up what was stated, but i have (very luckily) never lost money because I only buy from listings that have a return policy stated.

Good luck! :wavey: :wavey:

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
are you in the US or the UK? If you are in the US you will have to factor in the exchange rate to dollars and the import tax- pound to dollar rate is pretty low right now (1.24 i think) which will already make this just over 3K. Then with import, maybe a 300-500 more? I don't know what the original price is, would it still be worth it?

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
dollyanjuli|1480368357|4103189 said:
are you in the US or the UK? If you are in the US you will have to factor in the exchange rate to dollars and the import tax- pound to dollar rate is pretty low right now (1.24 i think) which will already make this just over 3K. Then with import, maybe a 300-500 more? I don't know what the original price is, would it still be worth it?

Hi Dolly, I appreciate you helping me with this. I'm in Australia (even worse!!!) but to buy these brand new from Tiffany here its $8500 AUD and these come in at $4400 AUD when converted plus feels so lets just say $5k so I'm saving $3500 - saying that, Id negotiate a bit anyway.

My main concern again is not knowing this seller, they have an account here, they have a website and they sell on ebay too.

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
laurenk|1480378105|4103225 said:
dollyanjuli|1480368357|4103189 said:

Hi Dolly, I appreciate you helping me with this. I'm in Australia (even worse!!!) but to buy these brand new from Tiffany here its $8500 AUD and these come in at $4400 AUD when converted plus feels so lets just say $5k so I'm saving $3500 - saying that, Id negotiate a bit anyway.

My main concern again is not knowing this seller, they have an account here, they have a website and they sell on ebay too.

Holy Moly that is expensive!!! YIKES!!! I don't know anything about the seller- but I will keep an eye out for you on the luxury consignment websites I use, these pop up from time to time and I trust these websites much more.

Here is one that just sold for a super low price and for the bigger size:

https://www.therealreal.com/products/jewelry/earrings/stud/tiffany-and-co-victoria-earrings

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results