shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know any good jeweler in LasVegas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
We will be in Las Vegas at the end of January and we want to purchase the E-ring there. Anybody know any good jeweler please let me know. Thank you in advance.
We''re from Canada,just incase you''re wondering...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I would do some checking on the internet before you go with some of the pricescope vendors so you can compare when you get there. We visit Las Vegas at least a couple of times a year and there is every imaginable jewelry store. The big hotels along the strip have shopping venues with Tiffany, Cartier, Graff, Bvlargi, and many many more. It is a good place to wander around and compare. Have fun!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
M.J. Christensen and Huntington Jewlers are AGS Members and are reputable. Both are B&M''s.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Jennie,
Do you have address and phone numbers or website for these jewelers? Thanks
30.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
THis is what I got from the AGS Website - some of the M.J. stores are in a mall so I included which mall they are in. Ben Bridge is also on the list - most of their staff is GIA-trained and they have some good products, but they are overpriced compared to what you can get online. You can read more about AGS retailers on the website: http://www.americangemsociety.org/whoisamericangemsoci.htm

THe retail members adhere to strict business ethics and consumer protection and education so you know that they''re not like most "maul" stores.
1.gif

M.J. Christensen Diamond Centers
1300 W. Sunset #2621 - Galleria Mall
Hendeson, NV 89014
Phone: 7024330100
6 miles

Ben Bridge Jeweler #52
Jason L. Brown,RJ
3200 Las Vegas Boulevard,South - Fashion Show Mall
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: 7027330003
6 miles

M.J. Christensen Diamond Centers - Main store
D. Clifford Miller,CGA
856 E. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89104
Phone: 7027320138
8 miles

M.J. Christensen Diamond Centers - Boca Park in Summerlin
8980 W. Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone: 7029522300
10 miles

Huntington Jewelers, Inc.
Richard C. Huntington,CGA
7385 West Sahara
Las Vegas, NV 89117
Phone: 7028783677
10 miles

Ben Bridge Jeweler #68 - Meadows Mall
Lilian Vandenhoff
4300 Meadows Lane, Suite 143
Las Vegas, NV 89107
Phone: 7028809801
10 miles

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Jennie and sundial!!!
I love you all!
30.gif
35.gif
9.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome! Let me know how it goes!

courtneyclv

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I live in Las Vegas and will tell you..watch out for expensive stores! I am doing my ring shopping and have heard that yes, MJ Christiansan is nice..but OVERLY expensive.

My friend best friend has an engagement ring from Huntington jewelers, worth $9000 from her ex. She went to return it and get some 6k princess cut diamond earrings. She told them she didn''t need the rest back. The man (indian or pakistani) swore at her, called her an idiot and asked her to leave the store..I WAS THERE!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 1:09:39 AM
Author: courtneyclv
Hi,
I live in Las Vegas and will tell you..watch out for expensive stores! I am doing my ring shopping and have heard that yes, MJ Christiansan is nice..but OVERLY expensive.

My friend best friend has an engagement ring from Huntington jewelers, worth $9000 from her ex. She went to return it and get some 6k princess cut diamond earrings. She told them she didn''t need the rest back. The man (indian or pakistani) swore at her, called her an idiot and asked her to leave the store..I WAS THERE!!!

That seems odd. I lived in Las Vegas for 25 years, and moved away in 2001. We used to do plenty of business with Huntington''s on Sahara/Jones and never once had a problem. That reaction seems really out of line, so I''m pretty surprised.

MJ Christiansen has beautiful stuff, and I know that I have seen some Christopher cut rings in their store in Summerlin.

I used to work for The Jewelers, and I would recommend buying from them as long as you know exactly what you''re talking about. With the education you receive here, you should be able to find exactly what you want, and receive a fair price for it. Before you leave, research the type of stone you want, and print out copies of what you were able to find from your online search. This worked perfectly for me when I was home visiting 2 years ago. I wanted a pair of diamond bezel set studs, and found what I was looking for on Blue Nile. Mordecchai beat the price on the GIA certified stones, and they''re beautiful.

Anyhow, good luck on your search, and hopefully you''ll be able to find something incredible on your trip!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2006 1:54:57 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

Date: 12/1/2006 1:09:39 AM
Author: courtneyclv
Hi,

My friend best friend has an engagement ring from Huntington jewelers, worth $9000 from her ex. She went to return it and get some 6k princess cut diamond earrings. She told them she didn't need the rest back. The man (indian or pakistani) swore at her, called her an idiot and asked her to leave the store..I WAS THERE!!!

That seems odd. I lived in Las Vegas for 25 years, and moved away in 2001. We used to do plenty of business with Huntington's on Sahara/Jones and never once had a problem. That reaction seems really out of line, so I'm pretty surprised.

Maybe the incident at Huntington's was an isolated event. I really liked it in there when I was shopping around for diamond bands because I felt NO pressure to buy at all. Richard Huntington is always there and is always so friendly to his staff and his customers.

I heard Mordechai, owner of The Jewelers, has really good stuff.

John Fish Jewelers on Maryland Parkway and Sahara has a good selection of A. Jaffe settings. They were also willing to match the prices of the stones I found online as long as I brought in the print-outs. Interestingly, John Fish's dad was the first gemologist in Las Vegas.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your inputs!.
emrose.gif
emlove.gif

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I was at the Fashion Show mall today and walked into Berger&Son. They seem to have nice quality stuff. Found out that they are a Las Vegas local B&M that''s been around for 40 years. Watch out for the "50%" half-off thing though - it''s a classic example of marking up to mark down and pretending it''s a good sale. The 7 stone 1 ctw I was looking at was listed at ~$5K and they said its now about ~$2,600 - which is the average price I''ve seen it for. I still think it may be worth a look.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results