shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know about dragons ?

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
There’s this pendant I’m looking at on Etsy, It’s Supposed to be art nouveau stickpin that was turn into a pendant and I’m trying to figure out if it’s Chinese or Japanese or from somewhere else and the meaning behind it. does anyone know anything about stuff like this ? Any info is great thanks

C400AC11-1403-47EA-B31D-D7E589D3C71F.png

collier

Shiny_Rock
So, not really. I don't know a whole lot about dragons but your post title caught my eye. To me, a non-dragon expert, it looks more like an Italian serpent like you would see on a fountain than something with Chinese or Japanese provenance.

Regardless, it is charming!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
So, not really. I don't know a whole lot about dragons but your post title caught my eye. To me, a non-dragon expert, it looks more like an Italian serpent like you would see on a fountain than something with Chinese or Japanese provenance.

Regardless, it is charming!

Oh, interesting! I found it on Etsy, I didn’t buy it but was drawn to it but it’s too expensive for what it is. I was tempted thou. Thank you, I’m off to google Italian serpents

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traditionally, Chinese dragons look like this:

1585429710480.jpeg

There are modern versions that try to make them look cute:
1585429840039.jpeg

The one you posted looks like a cross between the traditional and cutesy versions.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's not a dragon at all!
That looks like an imperial french dolphin to me.
It was used as the symbol of the Dauphin of France, taken from a region.
ex.- Prince of Wales

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results