shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone hoping for a December Holiday Proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I know I shouldn''t, but I can''t seem to help it. Christmas is such a magical time
(I think Walking in a Winter Wonderland is the only proposal song I know)

I think the hope to reality ratio for a christmas proposal is about 95:5

(95% pure fantasy, with a 5% chance of it actualy happening).

I think BF and I wil be in diffeent places for New Year''s - so that day''s out of the question.

What''s your hope to reality ratio for a Christmas, Hanukkah, or New Year''s proposal?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
99% not happening this Christmas, 100% not happening this New Years.

I can't help but feel more like 40% happening next Christmas because of our recent discussions. I'd LOVE a Christmas engagement. It's my favorite time of the year! However, we want a summer wedding and when I suggest that if he was to propose in winter, that would give us a year and a half engagement he goes: "A YEAR AND A HALF
6.gif
!???!!" So based on that.....this is why I give it 40% for next year because he doesn't want that long of an engagment. It would be somewhere between a year and a half engagement to a year. I told him I need AT LEAST a year.

Then again, who knows!
3.gif

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
BF accidentally blurted out he originally planned for a holiday proposal.. but... with the Leon schedule... it wouldn''t be feasible.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
It might happen. He is keeping me in the dark, but I know he is working on it.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Not necessarily happening during the holidays (he''s against doing in on Christmas Eve/Day), but Mr. H assured me today that it is 100% happening before New Years! *squeeeee!!!!* x a billion!!!!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think there''s probably 75% chance that I will get my formal proposal by New Year''s. We''re going to see both of our families before then (we live far from both sides) and I know that FF/FI wants to ask my dad and tell his parents before he does it. I would looooove a New Year''s proposal--maybe at midnight-- what better way to start the new year??

peterspixie

Shiny_Rock
Christmas is out of the question since we wont be together at that time...however New Years seems almost 99.8 % the day! *hopes*

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not gonna happen. I seems certain that I wont be moved out of my parents place before the holidays and not having our own place = no proposal.

I''m really rooting for all you ladies that think it''s a possibility that it happens during the holidays, hopefully we can begin the new year with a much shorter list.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
I''d put my chance of a proposal at 33% by Christmas and 66% by New Years. I''m pretty sure he has something planned because he''s being very secretive about it, but we''ve got so much going on between now and then, including me being out of town for work all next week and a bunch holiday parties, that I''m not sure when he would do it. I''m going to be seriously bummed if it doesn''t happen by New Years!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ll have a December proposal -- it seems likely enough that if it doesn''t happen, I''ll be a wee bit disappointed. However, my birthday is in January, so maybe if it''s not a Christmas thing, it''ll be a birthday thing. ...I hope...
1.gif

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Hopefully by the end of this week ill be officially engaged :)

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 9:12:17 AM
Author: vetrogrl
Hopefully by the end of this week ill be officially engaged :)
Can''t wait to hear this story!

Honestly, I think my chances of a holiday proposal are about um .. 0.00000001%
3.gif
I would''ve liked a New Year''s proposal, but I really don''t think that''s going to happen.

He said within 4 months .. but I think it''ll be in/after January.

RoxEHeart

Rough_Rock
I really and truly hope I get a December proposal but I am trying hard not to get my hopes up. SO did tell a few friends that he would do it by the end of the year, but I''m still not sure if it''s going to happen or not.
33.gif

É

étoile

I am hoping for a close to Christmas proposal. I love Christmas time and I think it would make this time of year even more special. Keeping fingers crossed!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I AM!!!!!!

not sure if it''ll happen though, bf is not budging on anything! so i guess i can''t really put a percentage on it. however, he has been wanting to take me to Yankee Candle in Deerfield, MA for a LONG time, so maybe a scented engagement? one can hope... i''d really love a holiday engagement though, it just seems so magical and romantic :)

i know the reality is slim, but that just calls for more DUSTTTTTT to all the ladies hoping for a holiday engagement <3

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Well I know its definitely not happening this winter, which is cool, just not at that point in our timeline yet.

But hypothetically I would like a christmas season proposal but not a christmas proposal, if that makes sense. I think it''d be fun to get engaged before christmas when that spirit and joy is just in the air. and I could then announce it to family and friends at christmas, but I like christmas eve and day the way they are and wouldn''t want to add an engagement on top of that.

Also I would NOT like a new years eve proposal... too cliche for me(id rather just get engaged on a random day).

Express

Rough_Rock
Welll, he has told me a billion times that it''s happening before the end of this year, I just have no idea when! I think it will be sometime between Christmas and New Years, but I doubt that he will do it on an actual holiday.

I''m getting very anxious and excited tho!!
30.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 7:48:12 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Oh, I''m so happy for you that things are moving along!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 6:37:13 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Date: 12/8/2009 7:48:12 PM

Author: LtlFirecracker

Oh, I''m so happy for you that things are moving along!

Thanks ;-). He is good at keeping me guessing.

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
I''d
30.gif
a holiday proposal... the chances of getting one, however... might be a different story. We''re currently about 1000 miles away from each other but he''s coming to visit for 5 days over New Years. (It could be then but I doubt it!) He''s been saving for a ring for about a year (saving verrrrry slowly, it seems!) and we''ve been shopping a bunch during that time- most recently last weekend. I visited him last weekend, and while there, his best friend''s fiance said that he told her he was going to take her with him when he buys the ring. That''s a good sign, right?

I doubt it will be this month because I don''t think he''s been doing any shopping on his own just yet (but you never know)... hopefully within the next two or three though. When I was up last weekend, he did tell me that he wanted to get married this fall... so if that''s what he''s thinking (I''d like that as well), he needs to hurry up and do it!
28.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. 99.9% not happening.

100% definite that i will indulge in a daydream or two about it happening though
4.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Ooohhh but lots and lots of {{{{{DUST}}}}} for the list
36.gif
i was somewhat disappointed with the thanksgiving showing so im putting all bets on Christmas....
9.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 9:09:33 PM
Author: Blackpaw
36.gif
i was somewhat disappointed with the thanksgiving showing so im putting all bets on Christmas....
9.gif
ditto on the dust!!!

I''m pretty sure we''ll have a lot of proposals over the next 2-3 weeks
36.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2009 10:28:17 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Date: 12/14/2009 9:09:33 PM

Author: Blackpaw

36.gif
9.gif

ditto on the dust!!!

I''m pretty sure we''ll have a lot of proposals over the next 2-3 weeks
36.gif

The floodgates have already opened!!!

***DUST*** to the list, as well!!!

I don''t think my turn will be until March or April, but best wishes to all the ladies who think they''ll be getting blingy with it over the holidays!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
I know..three in the last little bit, i reckon a good half dozen could ''pop'' around Xmas and New Years
36.gif

But what they hey, im just gonna put it out there and guess ten (over xmas AND new years!)
31.gif

Dont disappoint me ladies...i live vicariously through you afterall
31.gif
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I dont know if ill get the proposal this year, but im gnna go ahead and say 4.....

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
sending my ~*dust*~ to all holiday LIWs
2.gif

CherryCoke

Rough_Rock
Not happening here. He''s mentioned before that he would never propose on a holiday. The soonest possibility for me is if we go on vacation in March.

Goodluck to everyone in the next couple weeks!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m 100% sure it won''t happen until after the holidays. We were talking last night, and he brought up engagement. He said he can''t wait to be engaged and it will happen soon, but that he didn''t want to propose until after Thanksgiving and Christmas because he thought that was tacky. Guess I have to wait a little longer. At least now I won''t be disappointed when it happens. Good luck to all of you hoping for a holiday proposal!!!

Tazie973

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am new here. I am thinking im getting a ring for Christmas. My guy and I have been together for almost 3 years, living together for 1. I have been reading some of the post and think this is a great place. My boyfriend has never talked about marriage the whole time we have been togehter. We have both been married once and each divorce was over 10 years ago. We are both in our mid 30''s and I really honestly thought that this would never happen. I figured he was the " been there and done that " kinda guy. Im stressed cause im 98 % sure but then am worried that it will not be. Stress, i am sure some one can relate to. My daughter was telling my son and my son said to her " of course I approve 100 % " and my daughter looked and him an said shhhhhhhhhhh, she is in the next room and she is going flip christmas morning and my son said yes she will, i am excited for her....my son is 20. So im thinking its a ring and am going to feel so dumb if it is not. Any advise????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results