carat
color
clarity

Anyone here play golf?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does 'FORES" mean?

I know zip, zilch, nada about golf so I googled it, but I still don't get it.

Darn those NYT CW puzzles! :angryfire:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
FORE?

"Fore!", originally a Scots interjection, is used to warn anyone standing or moving in the flight of a golf ball.[1] The etymology of the word in this usage is uncertain. Mention of the term in an 1881 British Golf Museum indicates that the term was in use at least as early as that period.[2]

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. :wavey:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Ha! I thought this was an actual thread about golf! I just started playing Golf about 3 months ago and I’m hooked :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! I thought this was an actual thread about golf! I just started playing Golf about 3 months ago and I’m hooked :)

So, you're a swinger now?
Naughty Naughty!

e.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but we play mini golf and I love that. I think we would not love real golf however as I like action and immediate gratification lol. We have good friends who play golf every chance they get and they love it. Whatever you love go for it. That is what makes life enjoyable. Doing what you love

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
So, you're a swinger now?
Naughty Naughty!

e.gif

Still working on swinging….not quite where I want to be yet! My hubby is swinger for sure though :)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I played as a child and then picked it up again in my 30's. Haven't played for a few years as just couldn't find the time since playing 18 holes takes about 4 hours. Now that I'm retired, I think I'll start up again next summer. I like the fact that you are really just playing against yourself, trying to improve, assuming you don't play in tournaments. I find it relaxing and it takes your mind off of other things.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results