shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone here has the Valoria solitaire setting in platinum? Thoughts on prong orientation ?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Does anyone here have the Valoria setting in platinum? If so, how do you like it and can you please post photos of your ring? Is it combined with ruthenium or iridium and at what percentage? My SA at whiteflash thinks it’s 95% platinum and 5% ruthenium but she will verify.

Thanks so much.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Also, how do people feel about the orientation of the prongs? On whiteflash it shows that the prongs are on the 12 and 6 o’clock positions. But @mamabee’s pics, they are not and according to her she did not make any modifications.

thanks!

D9ED526F-287E-4BDE-BE3E-5BCB83C833B5.jpeg

Attachments

• 59C1C1E9-F034-4D28-9EEE-4332BD962635.png
    59C1C1E9-F034-4D28-9EEE-4332BD962635.png
    238 KB · Views: 30

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that's interesting about the prong orientation! Just dropping in to say that 95/plat, 5/ruthenium is a great hard alloy. My other favorite is 90/plat, 10/iridium.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that's interesting about the prong orientation! Just dropping in to say that 95/plat, 5/ruthenium is a great hard alloy. My other favorite is 90/plat, 10/iridium.

@diamondseeker2006 - thanks. Now I think more about it and see other 6 prongs with the same 12 and 6 o’clock placement of prongs, I think I would keep it that way. I need to make up my mind haha

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I ordered this with no modifications and it came the same as mamabees. WF did ask if I’d like it switched to the 12 and 6– but I said no. I thought it was a lovely ring but ended up switching back to a new version of my original ring which was the WF knife edge. I prefer the 12 and 6.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered this with no modifications and it came the same as mamabees. WF did ask if I’d like it switched to the 12 and 6– but I said no. I thought it was a lovely ring but ended up switching back to a new version of my original ring which was the WF knife edge. I prefer the 12 and 6.

Thanks, @Mamajemmy. Do you mind sharing a picture of your ring and link to your setting? Why did you switch back to the knife edge?
Thanks.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
445CCE4C-506A-4670-BC22-E61F25982C97.jpeg

I originally had the WF knife edge in platinum and it (and my diamond) were damaged. Both were replaced and I first tried the valoria and I just missed the knife edge. The valoria was beautiful but very delicate in looks. I felt the knife edge was just more substantial and I really wanted to do the two tone yellow gold which would have been a custom on the valoria. But I truly really liked the look of the valoria. I’ll see if I can find a picture of it.

Attachments

• DAD32B70-A5F2-4DDB-8256-78C2BD94AB38.jpeg
    DAD32B70-A5F2-4DDB-8256-78C2BD94AB38.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 80

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
445CCE4C-506A-4670-BC22-E61F25982C97.jpeg

I originally had the WF knife edge in platinum and it (and my diamond) were damaged. Both were replaced and I first tried the valoria and I just missed the knife edge. The valoria was beautiful but very delicate in looks. I felt the knife edge was just more substantial and I really wanted to do the two tone yellow gold which would have been a custom on the valoria. But I truly really liked the look of the valoria. I’ll see if I can find a picture of it.
Wow!! Gorgeous ring! Is the first one the knife edge and the second photo, the Valoria? Do you mind sharing your stone’s specs and your ring size? Thanks.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! Gorgeous ring! Is the first one the knife edge and the second photo, the Valoria? Do you mind sharing your stone’s specs and your ring size? Thanks.

Thanks! They are both the knife edge in yellow gold. It’s a 2.4 and my ring size is a 5.25.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Dear all,

I wanted the diamond set at medium low with culet showing as it would be easier to clean and I like seeing the culet. I hope it turns out looking great.
Do you think I made the right decision? Thanks.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Dear all,

I wanted the diamond set at medium low with culet showing as it would be easier to clean and I like seeing the culet. I hope it turns out looking great.
Do you think I made the right decision? Thanks.

I also like medium low, I tried the classic WF 4prongs 2weeks ago and its higher than what I prefer. I’m getting classic 6prongs but I don’t want to wait too long to get it modified or to pay extra costs. Have you asked WF how long does it take to modify the ring? Will there be extra cost? I feel like I’ve been emailing my SA too much that I hesitate to ask more questions :lol-2:

@Mamajemmy what a beautiful ring!!! Love that finger coverage!!!! Can’t believe its 2.4ct in a 5.25 ring size!! I tried 9.20mm and I have 4.25 ring size but can’t get that coverage, I’m wondering what went wrong..

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I prefer the prongs in the 12 and 6 positions. I would ask WF to show you a pic of what 'medium low' means for the Valoria.

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Valoria in 14K yellow gold for two weeks, and I ended up returning it to WF. It felt too delicate for my daily wear, but it sure was beautiful. The prongs were set at 12 and 6 on my .70 diamond.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I also like medium low, I tried the classic WF 4prongs 2weeks ago and its higher than what I prefer. I’m getting classic 6prongs but I don’t want to wait too long to get it modified or to pay extra costs. Have you asked WF how long does it take to modify the ring? Will there be extra cost? I feel like I’ve been emailing my SA too much that I hesitate to ask more questions :lol-2:

@Mamajemmy what a beautiful ring!!! Love that finger coverage!!!! Can’t believe its 2.4ct in a 5.25 ring size!! I tried 9.20mm and I have 4.25 ring size but can’t get that coverage, I’m wondering what went wrong..

Thanks! The coverage is probably just the angle of the picture?? I always think stones look bigger on other people. Maybe we spend too much time seeing our own rings and they must look normal to us.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I had the Valoria in 14K yellow gold for two weeks, and I ended up returning it to WF. It felt too delicate for my daily wear, but it sure was beautiful. The prongs were set at 12 and 6 on my .70 diamond.

Yes! Delicate is the perfect word for it. I thought that was what I would love about it but I just wanted something a little more. It is lovely though!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

@munchee -wow! A 9.2mm should definitely give you excellent finger coverage for a 4.25 ring size.

I emailed mine a lot too hahah! I don’t think it’s a true modification as they’re just setting the height per your preference. The prong placement is also standard with the 12 and 6 o’clock positions.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, @Redwoods-hiker-girl! I like it delicate looking but durable. From what @diamondseeker2006 said, 95% platinum and 5% ruthenium would be considered hard alloy. Fingers-crossed, I end up loving it.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the prongs in the 12 and 6 positions. I would ask WF to show you a pic of what 'medium low' means for the Valoria.

Thanks, @CareBear. I told my SA that I would like the culet slightly visible.

Lovemoresparkle

Rough_Rock
Hi @Redwoods-hiker-girl, do you have a pic of the Valoria with your .70 diamond? I'm in the process of ordering the Valoria (maybe Rose Gold) with sililar diamond size!
Thanks!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you'll be happy with that. Mine is set medium to medium low and I cannot see the culet. It would have to be set really high to see the culet. The culet isn't meant to show in that setting.

@diamondseeker2006- do you have problems with keeping the diamond clean and sparkly if you can’t clean the culet?

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you'll be happy with that. Mine is set medium to medium low and I cannot see the culet. It would have to be set really high to see the culet. The culet isn't meant to show in that setting.

@diamondseeker2006 - I have always loved @msop04 ’s jovyn setting. I am hoping they can replicate it closely with the Valoria. @msop04 , hope you don’t mind and that you are ok that I’m copying your ring.
1609480791619.jpeg
1609480839814.jpeg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 - I have always loved @msop04 ’s jovyn setting. I am hoping they can replicate it closely with the Valoria. @msop04 , hope you don’t mind and that you are ok that I’m copying your ring.
1609480791619.jpeg
1609480839814.jpeg

Don't mind at all. But, to be fair, the Valoria looks nothing like the Jovyn. They are extremely different.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Don't mind at all. But, to be fair, the Valoria looks nothing like the Jovyn. They are extremely different.

Thanks, @msop04. The pictures on the website don’t seem to look the same from PS’ers personal pics. My SA said it’s similar but I know it doesn’t have the donut. I am absolutely in love with your Jovyn. Now, I’m second guessing if I should have just bit the bullet and ordered the Jovyn :(.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

@msop04 - I hope to hear about your upgrade soon! Can’t wait to see it.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @msop04. The pictures on the website don’t seem to look the same from PS’ers personal pics. My SA said it’s similar but I know it doesn’t have the donut. I am absolutely in love with your Jovyn. Now, I’m second guessing if I should have just bit the bullet and ordered the Jovyn :(.

If the Jovyn is what you love, then that's the direction I would go. :)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
If the Jovyn is what you love, then that's the direction I would go. :)

Thanks, @msop04. I’ll give the Valoria a try. I just didn’t want to deal with shipping things back and forth. Wished they carried Jovyn at WF.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I panicked when I read your post @diamondseeker2006! I emailed Becca right away to say forget about seeing the culet. I don’t want mine to be high..

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I panicked when I read your post @diamondseeker2006! I emailed Becca right away to say forget about seeing the culet. I don’t want mine to be high..

@MamaBee - I did the same thing. I’d rather keep the medium -low setting than see the culet as I definitely don’t want it set too high.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results