shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocopuff

Rough_Rock
Can someone please educate on what are the (dis)advantages between a "round modified" cut vs. a triple excellant stone?

I am choosing between the following

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4294/

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/3902/

I have never heard of "Biro 88" and frankly, the GIA certificate scares me a little. There is no cut grade listed and at the bottom it states "additional clouds not shown". Plus, it is only VG on polish/symmetry. Should I be for the triple excellant instead?

The Biro posted an HCA score of .8 however, so I am confused how it ranked so high when GIA gives lower or no rating in the cut categories.

Also, any thoughts on this particular vendor would be helpful. THANKS!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope!

The first diamond is a type of branded cut I know little of, your best bet would be to ask Jon at GOG about that diamond. But the second choice should offer excellent performance, it has a great cut and could be a great choice of a more traditional round diamond.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 1:31:19 PM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome to Pricescope!

The first diamond is a type of branded cut I know little of, your best bet would be to ask Jon at GOG about that diamond. But the second choice should offer excellent performance, it has a great cut and could be a great choice of a more traditional round diamond.
Ditto. You might ask Jon to do a short video of the two to compare.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
some people like extra facets some don''t. must see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results