shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of DIAGEM Inc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rat_boy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm new to this website but have found it extremely educational in buying a stone for my gf.

There is a Florida-based company called DIAGEM INC, who sell a lot of stones on Ebay, at really low prices. Has anyone heard of them before? Has anyone ever had experience in buying from them? Are they reputable?

Thanks.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
What is their official ebay id name as I have seen several of their auctions?

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
I did find the seller in question. Beings they are a power seller they must maintain 98% positive feedback which means they are probably reputable as far as selling goes.

However, I looked over their auctions and noticed the quality of the diamonds they are selling are comparable to this one they have up for auction; ebay item #708585431. By no means am I a professional but from the picture alone I see why their starting price is $.01. YUCKERZ! :knockout:

I personally highly recommend an ebay seller by the name of [email protected]. His prices are reasonable and he sells quite a few quality stones.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Cannot get the picture to load.....sorry:confused:

rat_boy

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the advice. The DIAGEMINC stone you mention has been bid up to $700 bucks now. Is it not worth that much? Why and how come you think it sucks?

I'll check out the one that you recommend.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
The diamond in question is quite heavily included. You can tell this by all of the black spots. The diamond also is quite cloudy with no sparkle or shine.

The stone is also certified by the EGL not the GIA. The EGL has a reputation of misgrading stones frequently. By that, I mean this H color SI3 according to them may very well be a J color I1-I3 if graded by the GIA.

For more information read the tutorial found within this site and try to look for a diamond with a GIA cert. Also, when you have found one put the parameters of the diamond through the cut adviser also at the top. This will tell you the way it is cut.

I dislike this saying but if the price is too good to be true chances are it is not.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 3/27/2002 11:19:15 AM

The stone is also certified by the EGL not the GIA. The EGL has a reputation of misgrading stones frequently. By that, I mean this H color SI3 according to them may very well be a J color I1-I3 if graded by the GIA.

For more information read the tutorial found within this site and try to look for a diamond with a GIA cert. Also, when you have found one put the parameters of the diamond through the cut adviser also at the top. This will tell you the way it is cut.

I dislike this saying but if the price is too good to be true chances are it is not.
----------------

I think I hear an echo! LOL Ladyluck, thank you for taking the time to answer questions here. :appl:

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
My pleasure Lawmax;))

Everyone in this forum has been extremely helpful to me; especially you and I am grateful for that. I am addicted now. I'm even thinking about going to gemology school! GIA of course *L*. :bigsmile:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds great.

Thank you to you too Buttercup! :))

buttercup

Rough_Rock
ladyluck - i hear ya! i'm in med school (which i hate) and i totally want to quit to go into gemology! the whole doctor thing seems SO boring next to diamonds :)

i've learned sooooo much, thanks to smart people like lawmax and oldminer and garry.

rat-boy - I know of at least one situation of a absolutely terrible experience with DIAGEMINC..that's enough for me to suggest that you stay away.

rat_boy

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for all your help. I will stay away from Diageminc....I sent them an email 3 days ago asking for more info and they still haven't gotten back to me.

blancaster

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've just received a ring purchased on eBay from Diageminc. It's a 1.71 carat sapphire with side diamonds in 14K white gold. It is a beautiful ring - with tremendous sparkle and depth - exactly as described.

As always it is a caveat emptor world, but this buy was super - about 10% of appraised value and comparable rings.
B

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
blancaster, congratulation!

Could you post a picture? :lickout:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results