shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of an increase in RAP prices effective today??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
I walked into a local B&M to see two Henry Grossbard radiants and fell in love with both of them. The retailer seeing my interest began to talk about how the rap sheet prices have gone up today and that he is going to have to reprice them when he gets the new rap sheet? He mentioned that last week the rap prices went up for all 3cts and above and this week the change applies to the remaining weights.

I feel like I''m being taken for a ride here...comments/thoughts/suggestions?

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
I got this message from someone I'm working with this morning. (I'm just a consumer searching for the perfect diamond!) Does not mention anything about radiants but for what it's worth . .

Remember yesterday I mentioned that VS G color and better 125 plus wereincreasing in prices very rapidly...here is a news wire from RapaportNews 2/06/2004 :
"News: De Beers 2003 diamond sales up 7% to $5.52 billion,earnings up
17.6% to $676 million. Rio Tinto 2003 diamond sales up 49.5%to $556
million. Diamdel says the DTC will not increase its rough quota.Rough
shortages and higher prices forcing small cutters to stop
manufacturing. Polished prices firming for 1-3 ct.,H+,VS+. Oversizes
particularly 5/4, bringing 5-10% premiums over straight sizes."

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Translation: supply of rough is low(assumed); and will stay the same. Demand exceeds supply, thereby creating an artificially induced inflationary market.

Interesting I'm curious to hear if other shoppers are experiencing the same

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Rand,

Do you by any chance have the specs on the Grossbard radiants you saw? If so please post.

Rand_alThor

Rough_Rock
Icelady, I only have partial specs with me at the moment. I'll post details as soon as I get them

stone 1) 2.0 F VS2

stone 1) 1.73 E VVS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results