shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have this Titanium Tension setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone,
I was eyeing this setting but was wondering if anyone had experience with the seller ( titanium-jewelry.com ) and this ring in particular. It is the R400A. The company states that they warranty against lost stones and loose stones, have lifetime resizing, money back guarantee, etc. I have searched here and the company has been mentioned before but nothing really insightful. Ideas? What do you think about the design? Thanks!
titanium-rings_1837_4414057

Layne

Shiny_Rock
Very unique ring, I like it. I don''t know anything about the company but I would check it out with the BBB before buying there.
Let us know what you decide- I would love to see some hand shots.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are just a few Ti temsion rings around here and they all come from Boonerings as far as I remember. You must have found records about this maker already. Yours would not be the first custom job they do.

I definitely like the guarantee against stone loss at the other store you found. I wonder if they ever had to deal with it!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have gotten some answers and they aren''t really what I wanted to hear...

First off, if you provide a stone for them to set (ie don''t buy your diamond from them) it is unable to be returned... custom job no questions asked. Not quite the "30 Day "love it or return it" policy" that they describe. In more detail "If for some reason you are not totally satisfied with your purchase we will gladly accept it’s return with 30 DAYS of your receipt for exchange, credit or refund. Item must be in NEW CONDITION. We cannot accept items for return that have been worn, scratched, nicked, sized, engraved, worked on by a jeweler, altered or damaged in any way. Shipping charges are not refundable" Their policy does make some sense though because they would have to destroy the ring to remove your stone and then return your stone.

Second, the warranty is a little shady. Quoting from their website "If a piece should EVER fail structurally, it will be replaced at no charge to you. Furthermore, should a stone EVER be lost from any piece during normal wear, it will be replaced at no charge." Doesn''t that sound like they cover loss of stone? Turns out they don''t cover the stone, only the setting...

What do you think... move on and find another jeweler?

I like the setting but am not sure I LOVE the setting... I really need to love it if I know I can''t return it.

Thoughts?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2005 4
6.gif
6.gif
6 PM
Author: anovice

What do you think... move on and find another jeweler?

I like the setting but am not sure I LOVE the setting... I really need to love it if I know I can''t return it.

Thoughts?

If you''re having ANY doubts, move on...you need to feel secure with your purchase and the dealer you''re working with.

As for the accidental loss of the diamond, you should really consider getting an insurance policy to deal with accidental loss/damage to your ring so that if this ever happens (G-d forbid!!), then you''ll be covered...

Good luck to you!!

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
The replacement thing doesn''t really bother me because I do have insurance but it bothers me that that they are kind of deceptive in their marketing.

I really like the concept of the ring because it''s not really engagement like(this is not an engagement ring... not married here) but still a solitare. I really like the classic Tiffany reproductions out there like this from BTD...
tiff.repro.profile.hand.jpg

...but it''s VERY engagement like. I was also thinking of something like the Etienne Perret low Halo type...
halo3.jpg

...but still VERY engagement like. I already have a three stone and don''t wear it much so I don''t want to go with that style.

I guess I''ll have to keep searching!

Any ideas for non engagement like solitares?

Thanks!

rfath

Shiny_Rock
funny you should say that you think that the etienne low halo is quite engagement-ring-like... lots of people around here in Boston don''t seem to think so, even though mine *is*. I would comment that Etienne''s work is fabulous - the quality is superb and he''s a nice guy to work with.

Best wishes in finding the perfect setting for you!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2005 4:5:6 PM
Author: anovice

Second, the warranty is a little shady.

" If a piece should EVER fail structurally, it will be replaced at no charge to you. Furthermore, should a stone EVER be lost from any piece during normal wear, it will be replaced at no charge."
This sounds rather "typical" (not particularly "shady") but I would seriously doubt this firm or any other would be happy to replace a lost or damaged diamond. Proving it was the fault of their setting would be hard to say the least. Despite the obvious difficulty, many sellers choose to make the claim (perhaps the rings really almost never fail).

34.gif
About a year ago, such a "horror story" surfaced on this forum: someone had lost a diamond from a designer setting (a platinum tension ring by a famous brand). There was no insurance... And the brand's representative argued that that was due to "normal wear" - aparently the couple had been at a show and hand clapping beat the diamond off the tons/mm of tension in their ring! The brand's warranty did not sound much different from what you cite here - these are rather standardized claims. I would not blame you for not believing the story - you might recover it by a search on the forum, I didn't try that.

Ti should be safer for tension rings than the traditional precious metals...

About a ring looking "not engagement like" - how about colored sidestones ? Or something like these (link and see below)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... the picture refused to get attached to the previous post.
All these are available in white gold or platinum, as far as I know.

SevenFingers.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results