shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have the Embrace pendant from Pearl Paradise?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed this real clever little pendant from Pearl Paradise, which is like a cage holding a pearl, and you can change the pearl inside. Does anybody have it? Links below to the pendant with a blue akoya and a link to just the little cage. It looks intriguing but I'm wondering if it's bulky. If anyone has it, perhaps they can let me know what they think of it. Thanks! :wavey:

https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-1933-embrace-pendant-14k-gold.aspx

https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-1934-embrace-collection-tahitian-pearl-pendant.aspx

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm running into a problem. I can't seem to find much of a source for undrilled loose pearls to go into the Embrace pendant. Apparently with a half-drilled pearl the hole works its way round to the front when placed into the "cage" of the pendant. PP recommends undrilled pearls, but when you look at the Loose Pearl section, most of the pearls are only available half- or full-drilled.

Then I looked at Pearls of Joy, the Pearl Outlet, and Americna Pearl. The first two don't seem to sell loose pearls at all, and the last only has huge expensive keepsake pearls.

All I want is a lavender or pink 8mm undrilled pearl, plus the same in white and the same in dyed black freshwater. But it seems really hard to find undrilled pearls. Any ideas??

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Can you contact PP directly to see if they can source the right pearl for you? They can probably send you pictures of a few pearls, and you can choose the one you like.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, SMC. PP is looking into it for me, but their website does say the pearls are supplied with half or full drill, so I don't hold out much hope. I just thought it would be nice and easy to get an 8mm freshwater undrilled pearl when I wanted it, but it doesn't seem so, which makes the pendant seem like not such a great idea. But we'll see!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1443204957|3931787 said:
Thanks, SMC. PP is looking into it for me, but their website does say the pearls are supplied with half or full drill, so I don't hold out much hope. I just thought it would be nice and easy to get an 8mm freshwater undrilled pearl when I wanted it, but it doesn't seem so, which makes the pendant seem like not such a great idea. But we'll see!
Jambalaya-Generally, unless it is a strand, pearls are drilled at the time they are either purchased or set, so undrilled pearls will be available.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd think they'd be available, but the PP website says undrilled pearls aren't available in lavender, which is the color I wanted, and only in certain sizes for the white (7mm and 10mm, but I wanted 8mm). I was also interested in black freshwater but also PP says they also aren't available undrilled, and the Freshadama also are not available undrilled, according to the PP website. I was considering buying the Embrace pendant in yellow gold with the blue akoya, and buying extra pearls in lavender, white, and black. I think all those pearls would be very pretty with yellow gold, but it seems getting hold of un-drilled pearls is not simple.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1443208651|3931809 said:
You'd think they'd be available, but the PP website says undrilled pearls aren't available in lavender, which is the color I wanted, and only in certain sizes for the white (7mm and 10mm, but I wanted 8mm). I was also interested in black freshwater but also PP says they also aren't available undrilled, and the Freshadama also are not available undrilled, according to the PP website. I was considering buying the Embrace pendant in yellow gold with the blue akoya, and buying extra pearls in lavender, white, and black. I think all those pearls would be very pretty with yellow gold, but it seems getting hold of un-drilled pearls is not simple.
There are lots and lots of pearls in stock that are not on the website. So, I would either call them, or use the chat function and give them your specific request.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks; yes they are looking for me right now. I'll let you know what they come up with! The Embrace pendant really is a clever little idea, seeing as how you can change up the pearls inside. :dance:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
It only fits certain size pearls. I tried it with a cherry Tahitian but it limited the chain I could fit inside the cage. Also I couldn't view the Pearl well. If the Pearl was cheaper I might have kept it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, great - you've seen it in real life. Was it bulky? I'm wondering how deep it is - deep in terms of protruding outward from the chest when worn. And you felt it hid the pearl? I don't think I'd put a lovely Tahitian in it for that reason - I just wanted quite inexpensive freshwaters to show color contrast between the pink pearl and the yellow of the metal, or the blue and yellow in the case of the blue akoya. If you're looking for that color contrast instead of showing off overtones, do you think that would work? Also, was the cage easy to open and close? Thanks, Nacrelover!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering the diamond version. Here it is on the cherry tahitian. As you can see I could only use the thinnest box or wheat chain with this setting as the pearl was at the largest the setting could hold. This was a special cherry and I could only see little peeks of it in the setting so I oped for something else. If it was a cheaper pearl I might have thought about it. The setting was beautiful, but hides the pearl. This version was easy to open but very secure.

cage1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NacreLover|1443268168|3932041 said:
I was considering the diamond version. Here it is on the cherry tahitian. As you can see I could only use the thinnest box or wheat chain with this setting as the pearl was at the largest the setting could hold. This was a special cherry and I could only see little peeks of it in the setting so I oped for something else. If it was a cheaper pearl I might have thought about it. The setting was beautiful, but hides the pearl. This version was easy to open but very secure.

Sorry to thread hijack NL, but did you ever post a thread on this pearl? It looks mesmerizing and I'd love to see pictures of it! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Nacrelover! That is indeed a beautiful pearl - what size is it? I had no idea there was a diamond version of the pendant - it's not on the website. Was it custom? Can you remember how much is was, if you don't mind my asking?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The problem with any "cage" setting is that you are limited in the size of the pearl. And, like NL said, you don't see the pearl as much.

I've looked at that Embrace setting before, with the blue Akoya, but it's a smallish pearl, and the solitaire blue Akoya I already own is larger, so ....

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Ennui and Nacrelover! :wavey:

Nacrelover, your cherry and gold set is TDF!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results