shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone have suprise stones inside your wedding bands?

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
me and the fiance were looking and saw some who had this. we kind of like the idea of a small stone, maybe a diamond on the inside. Anyone have this? was there any meaning behind doing it? do you think its a waste of money since you cant see it?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small alexandrite inside my ering. It's my fiance's birthstone. I love the sentiment behind it and it didn't cost much. That being said I rarely even remember its there. I will prob do this with my wedding band as well. If it were a lot of money I wouldn't do it, but for what I paid for it, it was well worth it. Hope that helps.

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the response....
we were thinking maybe the birthstone of the month we are getting married..or somehting like that so there is some meaning to it..or maybe just a tiny little diamond...well anyway, thanks,..just wanted to hear from people who have this and tell me about it...if anyone else responds and you happen to have pics, please share

slg47

Ideal_Rock
some people definitely have this and have pics...i hope they share them!

also cluelessguy how's it going? your FI still in love with the ring??? :) :) :)

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
oh yeah..she doesnt stop staring at it!! im so happy she loves it..

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I do - here's a photo.

BrianGavin_GraceSet4_061610x.jpg

They're my husband's and my birthstones (sapphire/September for him; diamond/April for me). The total for the two stones was $75. Well worth it to me, as I'm very sentimental and things like this have meaning to me. I see the stones when I take my rings off (I don't wear them while cooking/baking because I don't want to get gunk in them) and when cleaning. Every time I see the little stones I think fondly of my husband, and since we've been married 31 years (longer than you are old, I imagine ;-) ) I guess I am very sentimental!

I also thought about having our wedding date engraved but decided against it. Our original wedding rings had engraving, though. Mine said "XXX (my initials) to YYY (his initials) 00.11.2222 (wedding date). His said the reverse "YYY (his initials) to XXX (my initials) 00.11.2222 (wedding date).

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I gave my DH a ring from BGD with our children's names and birthstones inside. He doesn't wear it as a wedding ring though (it's on his right hand). He really likes it. I say go for it!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
hmmm..what do you guys think is a good idea? both of our birthstones, or maybe the birth stone of the month we are getting married? my birthday is july, hers is december, and we are getting married in october....

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
blueiris said:
I do - here's a photo.

They're my husband's and my birthstones (sapphire/September for him; diamond/April for me). The total for the two stones was $75. Well worth it to me, as I'm very sentimental and things like this have meaning to me. I see the stones when I take my rings off (I don't wear them while cooking/baking because I don't want to get gunk in them) and when cleaning. Every time I see the little stones I think fondly of my husband, and since we've been married 31 years (longer than you are old, I imagine ;-) ) I guess I am very sentimental!

I also thought about having our wedding date engraved but decided against it. Our original wedding rings had engraving, though. Mine said "XXX (my initials) to YYY (his initials) 00.11.2222 (wedding date). His said the reverse "YYY (his initials) to XXX (my initials) 00.11.2222 (wedding date).

you are right..you have been married a little longer then i have been around..good for you!
today is my 30th birthday....can i retire yet??? lol

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
cluelessguy2010 said:
you are right..you have been married a little longer then i have been around..good for you!

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :appl: :appl: :appl: And best wishes for many, many more.

ETA: Three of my children were born in July - and my oldest child (a boy) just turned 30 at the beginning of July. I am definitely old enough to be your mother, lol.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
cluelessguy2010 said:
hmmm..what do you guys think is a good idea? both of our birthstones, or maybe the birth stone of the month we are getting married? my birthday is july, hers is december, and we are getting married in october....

I missed this question before. I would do your birthstones and then engrave the date of your marriage. Your stone would be a ruby and hers would be blue topaz (I think). BTW, my wedding band is just 2 mm in width. I'm not sure what sizes you are choosing for yourselves but it's possible to do the stones even in a narrow band like mine (in case you were wondering).

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my fiancee's ring has hidden birthstones inside the band and they are close set to look like they are cuddling. She loves the sentiment!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
blueiris said:
cluelessguy2010 said:

Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :appl: :appl: :appl: And best wishes for many, many more.

ETA: Three of my children were born in July - and my oldest child (a boy) just turned 30 at the beginning of July. I am definitely old enough to be your mother, lol.
thanks! :)

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having my e-ring made with surprise stones. I did my bf's birthstone (peridot) and mine (diamond - but I went for a pink diamond), set on opposite sides of the center stone because I like symmetry. I spent more than most to splurge on the vivid pink, but I thought this was a great way to personalize my solitiare and make it so it could only be made for me. Sure, you can't see them, but I just like the sentiment behind them and knowing that there is a little something extra in my ring. Totally worth it to me!

Edit - go for the birthstones!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
I have a garnet surprise stone in my "e-ring" (to represent month we got married) and mine and DH's birthstones (ruby and peridot) are side by side in my wedding band. Both are set at the "bottom" of the rings, though are a bit offset due to sizing.

I don't think it was a waste of money, for me, as I wanted them in there (or else I would not have spent it). I got my rings after my wedding, and I wanted them in there to add some sentimental touches. In real life, only DH and I know they are there, but I like having them there. And they did not cost that much at all to get done. Sometimes they are even "covered" up more (as I like to wear my rings rather loose but to stop them from spinning too much in winter or on other cold days, I just stick a strip of mole skin in to stop them spinning) and I still like knowing there are there!

jaybx09

Shiny_Rock
cool..i kind of like the idea..i think we may go for it...just have to decide if both our birth stones, or the stone for the month we are getting married is the way to go..

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I'd go with whichever has the stones you like better. My birthday is in October and I've never been a big fan of either of the October birthstones. Yep, I said "either" for some reason October has two recognized stones...most common (at least that I've come across in my lifetime with October being my birth month) is the Opal, but I've also seen a fair amount of the pink tourmaline. Not sure if you'd like to have an opal or a pink stone in your ring? So maybe take a look at all your options and decide based on what you both like best!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the birthstones. July is ruby and the other one for December is Tanzanite. I looooove tanzanite.

Supers

Shiny_Rock
I really like the idea of surprise stones - I reckon you should go for it!

Danib

Rough_Rock
blueiris|1279552095|2650461 said:
I do - here's a photo.

Hey, where did you purchase this ring?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I have one with a diamond inside. I love it. It feels very special and personal. I think it's a great idea-especially if the stones have meaning.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
BrianGavin_Halo3b_062911.jpg

My e-ring has a ruby inside. It was actually a mistake...the ruby was supposed to be on the outside of the band.
It was a happy accident...I just figure I ended up with an extra ruby!
I think it's kind of a cool idea...even though no one can see it.
BGD offers these surprise stones...that's where my ring is from. I think some other popular vendors do it too, but I can't think of who.

dmz

Rough_Rock
We put matching diamonds in our bands:

bgd_wedding_set_with_surprise.jpg

makhro82

Shiny_Rock
My ering and his wedding band have our birthstones set inside. Both were made by ERD. Sorry the shot of mine is kind of blurry, but it shows the surprise stones best and I haven't really done a photoshoot after I had it to have it remade earlier this year.

myremake.jpg

seanerdphoto.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results