shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have pics of 6 prong Stuller Solstice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
Not off a jeweler website but actual pictures of a real ring with a real diamond?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Best can do at this time
1.gif

6prong.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
RJ..did you look in the 'show me the ring' forum?? I could have sworn I recently saw a 6 prong stuller posted there, either in CowboyStu's big post or another random one there?

Speaking of the Stuller, have you seen their 8 prong (split prong) one? It's very pretty. Rhino sold someone an H&A and they put it into a split prong..we saw some pix of it somewhere..maybe Rhino still has the page up. It was gorgeous. Similar to the regular setting but with the split prong.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is the pic of the split prong stuller. I love it! just figured I'd throw it in for consideration in case you hadn't seen it before.

stuller platinum solitaire and band.jpg

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have additional information about what distinguishes some of the different styles? I am also looking for a 6 prong Solstice setting, but there's a couple that fit this description and from the pictures I can't tell what the difference is.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
I think I've partially answered my own question. I found the following on another discussion website:

=========================================================
Stuller Solstice Styles
-----------------------

SH156 Bombe' Shank for a 4 Prong Setting
20601 4 Prong Round Setting Medium Height
20603 4 Prong Round Setting Tall Height

SH172 Bombe' Shank for a 4 Prong Cup Setting
20608 4 Prong Cup Setting Medium Height
20616 4 Prong Cup Setting Low Height

SH160 Bombe' Shank for a 6 Prong Setting
20605 6 Prong Round Setting Medium Height
20607 6 Prong Round Setting Tall Height

SH163 ComfortFit Shank for a 6 Prong Setting

SH159 ComfortFit Shank for a 4 Prong Setting

SH175 ComfortFit Shank for a 4 Prong Cup Setting

SH161 Knife Edge Shank for a 6 Prong Setting

SH180 Knife Edge Shank for a 4 Prong Setting

SH173 Knife Edge Shank for a 4 Prong Cup Setting

SH155 Knife Edge Shank for a 6 Prong Peg Setting
20604 6 Prong Peg Medium Height
20615 6 Prong Peg Low Height

SH154 Bombe' Shank for a 4 Prong Peg Setting
20600 4 Prong Peg Medium Height
20614 4 Prong Peg Low Height
=========================================================

Now, I think that I've narrowed it down to one of the following four:

SH161 Knife Edge Shank with 6 Prong Setting
20605 Medium Height
20607 Tall Height

SH155 Knife Edge Shank with 6 Prong Peg Setting
20604 Medium Height
20615 Low Height

Can anyone tell me the difference between the peg setting and the regular setting? Stuller's photos weren't exactly enlightening...
2.gif

Also, it'd be nice to see the low, medium and tall heads side by side. If anyone happens to have a picture.
Thanks!
1.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Bump.
2.gif

txideal

Rough_Rock
Mara,

That is a gorgeous split shank setting!! I had no idea that they made those.

Where did you get the picture? Their website? We''re in the market for a classic Tiffany style setting (preferably a 4 prong one) and can''t seem to find one that is well made and not too expensive. I''m looking for one that has a diameter of no more than 2.7 mm as I have petite fingers and don''t want anything too bulky. I also want it to be symmetrical all the way around and have a nice solid weight feel to it that is very well made. I just posted a question today in the Diamond Hangout under the heading "platinum ''Tiffany'' style setting but only got 2 responses.... Need some of your expert advice.

Can you post other views of that setting from different angles?

Can anyone attest to the quality and workmanship of a Stuller setting? We don''t want to spend too much money on the setting ..... no more than say $700 for the right one as we''ve already paid a lot for the stone.
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">
36.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
36.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/36.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Thanks.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
The Solstice "peg" head sits on top of the shank on a little donut of metal, instead of being built directly into the shank. The 2nd pic SevensOne posted is the peg head, the 4th is the regular one. I love the lines of the 6 prong Solstice, I think it is a beautiful ring.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brian''s picture with a fixed file name so it shows right.

wgring2fix2.jpg

txideal

Rough_Rock
What about the quality? Any comments on that?

Is it better to have the mounting on the "Peg" like sevens one''s picture or is it better to have it all molded together like her last picture?

The last pictures that Brian posted were nice too. What''s the name of that Stuller setting?

Anybody with real actual pictures of the one with double 4 prongs or is it called the split 4 prongs? I think I like that one better because it offers the best of both worlds, security of more prongs but also the ability to see the diamond.

We purchased a really excellent cut that has a lot of fire and brilliance to it and I want to be able to showcase the fine quality diamond that we have.

Also, should you set it med or low? I like the way that the original Tiffany & Co.''s diamond is set in their rings. Is that the most practical for everyday wear so that it doesn''t get caught in things and so that you don''t end up banging the stone around a lot?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the 6 prong low head in a stuller heavy comfort fit band. I didn't like the full ring, because it was too "thick" so I went with the separate peg head and one of their bands. I sometimes wish it was the medium head so I could see more stone but now that I have worn it a while Im pretty glad its low because it catches on EVERYTHING even now.

Here are two photos that I just took with my phone. I can take better ones from home.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is from the "front" facing the band from the side.

ringfront.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
From the side

ringfromside.jpg

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
20.gif

Date: 1/12/2005 12:42:14 PM
Author: txideal
What about the quality? Any comments on that?

Is it better to have the mounting on the ''Peg'' like sevens one''s picture or is it better to have it all molded together like her last picture?

The last pictures that Brian posted were nice too. What''s the name of that Stuller setting?

Anybody with real actual pictures of the one with double 4 prongs or is it called the split 4 prongs? I think I like that one better because it offers the best of both worlds, security of more prongs but also the ability to see the diamond.

We purchased a really excellent cut that has a lot of fire and brilliance to it and I want to be able to showcase the fine quality diamond that we have.

Also, should you set it med or low? I like the way that the original Tiffany & Co.''s diamond is set in their rings. Is that the most practical for everyday wear so that it doesn''t get caught in things and so that you don''t end up banging the stone around a lot?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
1.gif
'');'' height=15 alt=""Insert smilie
1.gif
'' src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width=15 border=0>
I''m guessing that the one that Brian posted is the Bombe shank with a peg head, medium height. My Solstice looks quite similar. I don''t have any pics, or I would post one. The quality of Stuller items is quite solid. Their split prong head is called the "Octet". I personally like the lines of the medium head the most, but if you''re a fan of the old school Tiffany I would recommend the low peg head. I don''t think the type of head (built in versus peg) will affect the durability of your ring. When I was putting my ring together I got to look at all of the pieces with my jeweler. Stuller''s catalog leaves something to be desired in terms of illustrative photos.
20.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this looks like it''s practical or not but it''s low enough I guess for me. I still don''t jam my hands in my jeans pockets like I used to though. Im too paranoid of ripping it off the ring haha...not that it''s possible but give me time.

amesolstice.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results