shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have images engraved on their e ring?

undersiege

Rough_Rock
I've been thinking of having a simple sketch/graphic engraved on the inside of the e ring I'm having Steven Kirsch make for me. I'm wondering if anyone has tried engraving a discernible image on such a small thing. (I know, I know, the guys in Times Square can write your name on a grain of rice...)

I'd like to see some photos of any e rings with a sketch or image engraved on it just to understand how it might turn out. Or to get a feel for how complex the graphic can be.

BTW, My band is going to be 2mm.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

undersiege

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of an image of a tree. Nothing photorealistic, but a black and white line drawing of a tree. Trees have special meaning to her and there's one in Central Park NY in particular that is special to us. Maybe like this:
tall-tree-clip-art.jpg

It doesn't even need to be that detailed. But I would like to see what examples are out there to get an understanding of what I can expect.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
ON it like the surface or inside the band? I would love it inside the band where it's on my skin and secret and tiny.

undersiege

Rough_Rock
I was thinking inside the band as well. But in terms of examples, I'd be willing to see either just to get an understanding of how good/bad an engraving like this would come out.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I dont know how a tree would look but I am sure SK would make it look pretty. Have you considered doing leaves instead of a whole tree? Many antique bands have leaf engraving or diamonds that can make a leaf- like pattern if it goes with the overall design of your ring?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is 2mm and it is engraved with a few emoticons. A <3 heart and a rose ---<---@ with some meaningful words, but I have to say that they are too tiny to see without a loupe. Not sure how you could fit a whole tree?

undersiege

Rough_Rock
Those are great ideas.

I'll have to see what SK thinks. He wasn't exactly sure how much detail can be done. My band is supposed to be 2mm also. He said that he'll have to address it later in the process. Not sure if he's the one engraving or if he'd have someone who specializes try.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure how much detail you will really be able to see in 2mm band. I had my wedding date and initials engraved in my 2.3mm wedding band and I have to admit that while it is visible to my eagle eyes, some of my friends completely missed it! To me it doesnt matter if anyone else can see it other than myself but I am not sure if you feel the same way.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
undersiege|1337831127|3202313 said:
Those are great ideas.

I'll have to see what SK thinks. He wasn't exactly sure how much detail can be done. My band is supposed to be 2mm also. He said that he'll have to address it later in the process. Not sure if he's the one engraving or if he'd have someone who specializes try.

Half the tree in the Ering and other half in the band ::)

undersiege

Rough_Rock
Hospotogi,

It doesn't matter to me if anyone else can see it. I just want to know it's there. Since SK is making a ring for me that's as close to the HW my GF likes, It's basically the only personal touch I could add to the ring.

Yssie,

That's kind of a brilliant idea! I'll float it by Steven when the time comes to see what he thinks.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
l also love the idea of half on the wedding band and half on the e-ring. It would be cool if a portion of the picture is completed on your wedding band too!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1337908225|3203122 said:
undersiege|1337831127|3202313 said:
Those are great ideas.

Half the tree in the Ering and other half in the band ::)

Awesome idea! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results