shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have Georg Jensen jewelry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at a Georg Jensen fusion ring for a right hand ring. Just wondering if anyone has any Georg Jensen pieces and looking for input on quality of workmanship.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2005 2:59:53 PM
Author:nhwhazup
I''m looking at a Georg Jensen fusion ring for a right hand ring. Just wondering if anyone has any Georg Jensen pieces and looking for input on quality of workmanship.

You may find this thread helpful, nhwhazup. I think fire&ice might also be a good resource for you. She is quite knowledgeable about Georg Jensen jewelry.

Georg Jensen Thread in Jewelry Pieces

Deborah

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link to that thread Deb. It should be helpful.

To add, I have not seen the ring you are talking about. Pic perhaps? The *new* jensen stuff I have seen prior to the merge with Royal Copenhagan is excellent quality. I can''t imagine them going on a different path. Is the ring still made in Denmark? Georg Jensen has always hired top notch award winning designers w/ their own merit and not just a famous name (ala P.Picasso). In the past, EVERYTHING was made in their factory/shop. Warning though - they are very expensive for what they are - but they don''t make trinkits.

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
From the pricing I can see that none of the Georg Jensen pieces would be considered trinkets. I just fell in love with the fusion ring and as it was designed by one of their designers, I would not feel comfortable asking another to make the ring for a discount. I am one who has just a few favorite pieces of jewelry (especially rings) that I totally love and wear all the time. I love to see the photos on this site with 20 diamond rings on both hands. I get a kick out of them but that''s not me.

Attached is a photo of the ring. Mine would be like the 4 section ring with yellow gold and pink gold for end pieces and two white gold with diamonds in the middle.

Soren Jensen called me yesterday from Denmark to discuss the sizing as the ring with 4 sections is much wider than a normal ring. I have long fingers and do love the 12 mm width. Soren is sending me 3 different sizes in steel to see which works best for me.

Thanks for your response,
Sheila

fusionringdiamonds.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep us apprised, Sheila. I hope you also post about the rings in the Georg Jensen thread once you can photograph one or more! Yours sounds as if it will be truly unique and lovely. (I love rose gold and I also love to see three colors of gold in one piece.)

Some of us hang out in Jewelry Pieces more than here in Rocky Talky when we are discussing jewelry rather than diamonds. We love to see designer pieces and custom made pieces!! (Hint! Hint!) ;-)

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
That''s way cool! Do you know which designer designed it? Most of them have extensive bio''s. Most have won the Lunning prize.

It''s good to hear that you are getting personal service. I worried about the company when they became the huge conglomerate.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2005 12:40:48 PM
Author: fire&ice
I worried about the company when they became the huge conglomerate.

I knew nothing about any change to the company until you alluded to it previously. When did this happen? Exactly what happened? As you know, I have a stake in following Georg Jensen USA versus Georg Jensen. Now it appears that matters have become even more complicated!

Deb :)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Nothing sinister. It''s just that sometimes when companies merge or become too big they loose their identity - often quality suffers. And, if one has to answer to a board - quality suffers in lieu of profits - out sourcing becomes the game (exactly what has happened at Tiffany & Co.) Dansk started out sourcing & I don''t think their quality is the same.

Royal Copenhagen bought Georg Jensen in the 70''s. The entity was separate. In the very late 90''s they became one company gobbling up other fine scan companies.

While Georg Jensen probably still has a shop in NYC, they do not make the hand wrought jewelry in the US anymore. In fact, it was quite short lived.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results