shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have experience with MRose on Etsy for a custom design?

voce

Ideal_Rock
Near the beginning of May, I had the idea to set my cushion unheated Burmese sapphire with a pair of kite diamonds in a 3-stoneb ring, all three gems with a diamond halo around it. I communicated this with MRoseDesigns and paid the CAD fee. She got back around a week later with a set of CAD images, but I just didn't like the gallery and sketched out what I would like for the gallery. Two weeks later, no reply. I inquired two days ago asking if she is working on it, and she still hasn't responded back.

The CAD fee is cheap, but she claims with the listing for the CAD that it's for several iterations of that's what's needed. I don't want to casually leave a bad review, but I seriously hate being left in limbo wondering if I should still wait for her to get back to me about changes to her CAD, or go with another vendor.

Comments or suggestions on how to proceed? Anyone have experience with a custom design with her? How long does the process take?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am hesitant to post this but I bought a very pretty but delicate new ring setting from her on Loupe Troop. When I took it to my local jeweler to be set, he showed me how some of the diamonds in the band were loose. He put a little extra gold on each of the prongs to stabilize them. The ring came out very pretty, but it was so delicately built as to be flimsy. I wound up feeling like it was false economy.

It looks like I don’t have a photo handy. I had no problems with communication or honesty, but I guess I got the impression she was somewhat inexperienced.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She made 2 settings for me that I like, but both are plain gold without any stones so I can't comment on durability or anything like that.

She was really good at communication with me, but we didn't do CADs so I don't have any expereicne with her in that regard.

I'm sorry your frustrated and I hate when vendors don't communicate :(

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have three rings from her. I was extremely nervous the second time around because she took weeks to respond to me and acknowledge that she had my stones. I wouldn't work with her again because of the long delay in communicating. She was helpful, and offered to put her sapphires in my ring, but kept the ones I sent her, which I really liked and can't replace the color. I need to ask her about those... Anyhow, the rings are pretty!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I thought about hiring her for an 8 carat rubellite ring, but ultimately went with aurosi jewels for this ring, because of people’s complaints about structural issues. Aurosi’s turned out to be 7.5 grams. I’m not sure if her designs could hold the stone properly.

voce

Ideal_Rock
...but kept the ones I sent her, which I really liked and can't replace the color.
:eek2:This would be a deal-breaker for me! My gemstones are all unique, and I would be :angryfire: to have them not returned to me. Okay, I'm going to cut my losses and not work with her anymore. I like the delicate aesthetic she has, but structural issues worry me, and keeping customer stones on top of untimely communication is the last straw.

Now I wish I had consulted you guys before doing the CAD with her.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
:eek2:This would be a deal-breaker for me! My gemstones are all unique, and I would be :angryfire: to have them not returned to me. Okay, I'm going to cut my losses and not work with her anymore. I like the delicate aesthetic she has, but structural issues worry me, and keeping customer stones on top of untimely communication is the last straw.

To be honest ive never even heard of her before but just reading that line was shocking and unsettling.
@MrsKMB , did you ever allude to the fact that she could keep them or do or say anything that would make her think that it was okay?
If not, that is despicable behavior and would also infuriate me.
I really would urge you to message her calmly and request them back..:naughty:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Sorry you had to pay a CAD fee for nothing :( Can't believe anyone would keep a client's gems, that's just asking for a lawsuit!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I am shocked. I just saw the willow ring from The Brilliant Earth being offered on LT. One of MRose's settings is like an exact replica of that! :eek2:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am shocked. I just saw the willow ring from The Brilliant Earth being offered on LT. One of MRose's settings is like an exact replica of that! :eek2:
Perhaps MRose made the one on LT? (The listing says it was "inspired by" BE's Willow ring -- altho' I'm not positive the design originated with BE; e.g., there have been gold twig-leaf with diamond rings on etsy since its beginnings)

P.S. @MrsKMB 's account is very troubling :nono:, so I think you are wise to cut your potential losses with MRose. But I sure wish you'd had more pleasant dealings with her, a happier outcome.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get it sorted out? I think your avatar is meant to be cute but I keep seeing it really small on my computer and devices and when I see it I think to myself it looks like some sort of satanic toy bunny keyring.... I think it's the eyes..... :lol::lol::lol:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps MRose made the one on LT? (The listing says it was "inspired by" BE's Willow ring -- altho' I'm not positive the design originated with BE; e.g., there have been gold twig-leaf with diamond rings on etsy since its beginnings)
Oh, I hadn't caught that it was "inspired" by the willow setting. I went back to BE to look at the setting, and it's not exactly the same. MRose's design is distinctly different.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Did you get it sorted out? I think your avatar is meant to be cute but I keep seeing it really small on my computer and devices and when I see it I think to myself it looks like some sort of satanic toy bunny keyring.... I think it's the eyes..... :lol::lol::lol:
First of all, I appreciate you expressing your honest opinion about my avatar. I had gone from a blue gems avatar to a red gem, but it was so glaring on the eye that l had to change it again, but PS was rejecting the pictures taken with my phone that day. I just uploaded a new avatar now.

Yes, l sent another friendly follow up, and no, I don't have any communication back from her. It feels like she just couldn't be bothered to tell me anything after I requested a change to her CAD. I was very specific in providing sketches of what I wanted, and tried to be understanding and polite with just trying to get a confirmation from her whether or not she's working on the change to her CAD but have received not so much as ONE WORD from her. If she had replied saying the change would be too drastic or unfeasible, that would be loads better than not giving any reply, as she has done.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be ignored when I'm a paying customer. Had she attempted to make some compromise with the design, I would have done a custom design with her. But I guess I'm dead to her for suggesting/wanting changes.

Definitely not a vendor I would recommend. I don't have MrsKMB's issue personally, but this lack of any response to FOUR Etsy messages over the course of a month is just unprofessional and disrespectful to a paying customer who would have given her more business had she deigned to respond to her customer's concerns.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
you get what you pay for. cheap is cheap.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new avatar is gorgeous, :love: I hope you weren't offended by my toy bunny remarks they were meant in good humour. I have the cat that stares into your soul (quote from my son not me) as my avatar, so who am I to criticise, if you liked the bunny that's O.K too!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found my conversations with her from last year. I didn't realize it had been over a year, but I asked for my sapphires. We'll see....

In case you are wondering: April 21, I mailed my stones. April 25 and 28, requested verification she had them. May 2, she verified she had the stones. Requested update May 23, heard back June 5 and I chose the gold for both rings. Asked her to make a listing for one ring June 11 and 19. Listing posted June 21. First ring shipped August 4. Second ring listed August 13 and shipped September 19. Geez!!! :wall:

Here is the portion about the sapphires. She never said she was keeping mine. I figured "free" meant "free." :confused:
Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 1.20.26 PM.png

voce

Ideal_Rock
So after I recently left a 1-star review, she reached out to me and told me that she has had trouble with Etsy messaging and sent 3 revisions that I never responded to. I asked her to attach them to the Etsy convo, which she promptly did, and now I'm thinking of giving her a second chance, depending on what her quote is. She did apologize profusely and say that I could email her using Gmail if I don't get a response within 24 hours. @MrsKMB, have you reached out to her again about your sapphires?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@voce fwiw, I did a custom ring with her once, took way longer than promised and communication was spotty...and this was a couple years ago so just might be her usual M.O. o_O

voce

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE thanks for your input. If communication is still spotty going forward, I will not work with her. I think her soft spot is if I leave a bad review or complain to Etsy.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@voce I did reach out about the sapphires. She answered quickly and found them, and I received them! I was happily stunned!

I didn't post a reply here because I didn't want this thread brought back to the beginning of the forum. I felt bad for complaining. :oops2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
@MrsKMB thanks for coming in. This is good to know. She may be disorganized and not the best at following up/through, but she seemed sincerely sorry I didn't get the CADs. She said she'll do another revision and get me quotes within a day. We'll see how long it actually takes.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Update: I got my revision with bigger diamond melee. She asked about the color and clarity of the side diamonds, and I'm waiting on her quotes at this point. Also, I meant "chiming in" on my previous post.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I am ready to completely write her off as unreliable. I decided to wait to start the project, and I wasn't going to send her gems until she created my custom listing and I had some way of redress with Etsy. I contacted her visa Etsy multiple times and through email. Completely dead and no response.

I now think that her reply to me came only because of my one star review that she wanted to salvage. Too late to change the four stars I revised it to down to one star again or I would do so now. I'll never believe this vendor again! :mad:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so shoddy Voce! I've seen a few dubious shenanigans with certain legit looking vendors which makes me think my dealing with China are actually quite safe despite there being no documentation or PayPal recourse.

The way I get some of my settings done would freak everyone here out but basically I have no recourse as everything is a bank wire. However I don't pay a cent until the piece is complete. I get cads, amendments in a timely manner. They are so nice and effective!

KittyTantrum

Rough_Rock
I stumbled across this thread after a quick google search for the sake of curiosity, and created an account just to reply and share my experience.

My fiance ordered my engagement ring from MRoseDesign on Etsy (this was more than a year ago). A lovely dainty floral design, something I'd seen elsewhere and fallen in love with, and we ordered it from her because it was cheaper. Well, you get what you pay for.

Communication was spotty/poor. When the ring was finally ready, she sent it to the wrong address (in spite of having double-checked and confirmed which one). We had to track it down ourselves, thankfully the folks who received it were more than happy to hand it over.

The ring itself was horrendously poor quality. The design is a rose with a leaf on either side and a single stone setting in the middle. All of the images in her listings showed a typical prong setting, but on the ring we received, it looked like the prongs had been bored out with a small drill bit (could see the remains of one of them), and the stone was literally GLUED IN PLACE. The band of the ring is also slightly misshapen - though not in a way that's noticeable to the eye or the finger while wearing, thankfully.

Of course the adhesive failed and the stone fell out after less than a week of wear. Fiance tried to contact her asking about it and never heard back. I don't remember if enough time had lapsed that we could no longer file a complaint or whatever though Etsy, but we decided to save our time and our collective breath, wrote her off as an unethical businessperson, and took the ring to a reputable jeweler in town. After paying them to rebuild the prongs she drilled out and set the stone properly, we've paid more for this ring than we would have ordering it elsewhere.

Also worth noting is that because it took so long for her to make the ring initially, she included a pair of sterling silver earrings in a matching design for free... one of them snapped apart in my fingers while I was holding it, the other shattered when accidentally dropped on the floor.

I'm not sure if she just has no idea what she's doing, or if she outsources some of her work and that goes bad sometimes, or what - but I would never recommend her to anybody.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I stumbled across this thread after a quick google search for the sake of curiosity, and created an account just to reply and share my experience.

My fiance ordered my engagement ring from MRoseDesign on Etsy (this was more than a year ago). A lovely dainty floral design, something I'd seen elsewhere and fallen in love with, and we ordered it from her because it was cheaper. Well, you get what you pay for.

Communication was spotty/poor. When the ring was finally ready, she sent it to the wrong address (in spite of having double-checked and confirmed which one). We had to track it down ourselves, thankfully the folks who received it were more than happy to hand it over.

The ring itself was horrendously poor quality. The design is a rose with a leaf on either side and a single stone setting in the middle. All of the images in her listings showed a typical prong setting, but on the ring we received, it looked like the prongs had been bored out with a small drill bit (could see the remains of one of them), and the stone was literally GLUED IN PLACE. The band of the ring is also slightly misshapen - though not in a way that's noticeable to the eye or the finger while wearing, thankfully.

Of course the adhesive failed and the stone fell out after less than a week of wear. Fiance tried to contact her asking about it and never heard back. I don't remember if enough time had lapsed that we could no longer file a complaint or whatever though Etsy, but we decided to save our time and our collective breath, wrote her off as an unethical businessperson, and took the ring to a reputable jeweler in town. After paying them to rebuild the prongs she drilled out and set the stone properly, we've paid more for this ring than we would have ordering it elsewhere.

Also worth noting is that because it took so long for her to make the ring initially, she included a pair of sterling silver earrings in a matching design for free... one of them snapped apart in my fingers while I was holding it, the other shattered when accidentally dropped on the floor.

I'm not sure if she just has no idea what she's doing, or if she outsources some of her work and that goes bad sometimes, or what - but I would never recommend her to anybody.
Thanks for sharing your experience, KittyTantrum. She quoted me an unbeatable price, but it sure sounds like I dodged a bullet with that one, whew!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock

Thats awful :( hopefully you took photos to document the ring in the condition that you received it in when contacting her. Could you share them?

So sorry this was an awful experience!

KittyTantrum

Rough_Rock
I know I took a couple of pictures of what it looked like after the stone fell out, but I don't know where they are now - though if I happen across them, I'll definitely come back and post them. Like I said, we both kind of decided it wasn't worth our time trying to dispute anything, especially since actually getting in touch with her was like pulling teeth the whole way. The original price she charged was cheap enough that we weren't THAT much farther in the hole, once all was said and done, than we would have been if we'd ordered it from another more reputable jeweler who offered the same design in the first place. I got the ring I wanted in the end, and the LESSON I learned was arguably worth more than the dollars it cost us.

The look on the jeweler's face when I handed the ring to her and she held it up and looked at the gunky adhesive all stuck to the inside of the setting was priceless.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I just came across this thread when I googled MRose to pull up her etsy. I had a ring done by her over a year ago (one of the heidi gibson inspired settings). It turned out amazing! Communication was so so- Took a few days between replies. Overall I think she did a great job. The semi mount is gorgeous. She custom made it for my stone. Ive been wearing it off and on for over a year with no problems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results