shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have any knowledge or advice about jubilant crown cut

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I was on ID jewelry and saw the jubilant crown cut diamond. I wasn't able to find a great deal of information online about this diamond. I was wondering if anyone here knew about the cut and if it is worth it or if I should go with a traditional round solitaire. I would really appreciate any advice you have!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Anyone have any knowledge or advice about jubilant crown

It's got 16 extra facets in the crown for a total of 49 instead of 33.

How large a diamond are you looking for? These extra facet diamonds tend to look best at larger sizes. Otherwise a regular ideal light return diamond is a better bet.

Also, you'd have to compare the pricing to see how much of a premium you are paying for the patented cut. If it's not a significant amount... then you might want to consider it.

Finally you should try to see the diamond in person to see what you think of the look of it in person. If that means buying one and returning it if you don't care for it... just make sure you get a good return policy.

Blueprint-base.jpg

JCRoundComparison.jpg

JCdiamond01.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

The one I was looking at was a 1.69 ct, si2, and j color for $2887. I am not too concerned with the color of this stone since there are more facets. Otherwise I also was looking at a regular round cut 1.58 ct, si2, and h color for $3759.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

armywife13|1316235516|3019326 said:
The one I was looking at was a 1.69 ct, si2, and j color for $2887. I am not too concerned with the color of this stone since there are more facets. Otherwise I also was looking at a regular round cut 1.58 ct, si2, and h color for $3759.

Who are the certificates by? Those are some interesting prices. Also are the SI2's eyeclean? And have you seen the Jubilant in person.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't like extra facet round brilliants as a rule. But I gotta say I'm kinda grooving on the crown of this cut. I'd love to see it from the profile. Plus I'm a small crown whore.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1316238321|3019337 said:
armywife13|1316235516|3019326 said:

Who are the certificates by? Those are some interesting prices. Also are the SI2's eyeclean? And have you seen the Jubilant in person.

Honestly I am unsure. I am new to getting diamonds from a non-mall diamond supplier. Here are the links from id jewelry.

http://idjewelryonline.com/preset_details.php?id=5103&shape=RD&pricefrom=0&priceto=500000&caratfrom=0.00&caratto=2&colorfrom=D&colorto=M&clarfrom=IF&clarto=SI2&polish=ANY&cert=Any&symmetry=ANY&depthfrom=&depthto=&tablefrom=&tableto=&cut=&item_id=

http://idjewelryonline.com/jubiliant_details.php?id=4553&shape=GC&pricefrom=0&priceto=500000&caratfrom=0.00&caratto=2&colorfrom=D&colorto=M&clarfrom=IF&clarto=SI2&polish=ANY&cert=Any&symmetry=ANY&depthfrom=&depthto=&tablefrom=&tableto=&cut=&item_id=

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd call them tomorrow. There's no certificate posted for either and the prices are REALLY REALLY low for the carat weight. A 1.6 is about 10K normally.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1316238400|3019338 said:
I don't like extra facet round brilliants as a rule. But I gotta say I'm kinda grooving on the crown of this cut. I'd love to see it from the profile. Plus I'm a small crown whore.

Haha you just made me bust out laughing....I just woke the hubby up. Oops. :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for the advise Gyspy. I will definitely do that.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

armywife13|1316238831|3019344 said:
Gypsy|1316238400|3019338 said:

Haha you just made me bust out laughing....I just woke the hubby up. Oops. :D

It's true. You stick a small crown on a diamond and I have to work through this mental drool session that goes something like this..."SMALL CROWN. Small Crown...small crown. WANT.WANT.WANT." Happens every time.

Keep us up to date. And ask Yekutiel to send you a profile shot of that cut... I'd love to see it. And you are welcome!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock

Those are really inexpensive. Especially for a premium cut. I wonder if they are clarity enhanced?
I would love to see a good clear pic too.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

I am definitely going to call tomorrow and find out about the diamonds and hopefully they can supply me some pics so I can decide. I'll let you guys know tomorrow!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock

I think that's the same cut that was designed by my local jeweler ( huntcountry.com). If so, I've seen many of them in person and they are really beautiful. Smaller table, higher crown and extra crown facets.

ETA- go to their website and check out the yellow jubilant crown. Holy cow!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

kelpie|1316248259|3019390 said:
I think that's the same cut that was designed by my local jeweler ( huntcountry.com). If so, I've seen many of them in person and they are really beautiful. Smaller table, higher crown and extra crown facets.

I led out the website and the yellow jubilant crown, yummy!!!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

kelpie|1316248259|3019390 said:

I led out the website and the yellow jubilant crown, yummy!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I saw kevl's post today about his 1ct Jubilant Crown and wanted to bump this post to ask armywife if she ever found out more about this cut from ID Jewelry. In particular, did you ever happen to figure out why the prices were so much lower than regular RBs? Thanks in advance!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

I actually never did find out much more about them. I posted this my first day on PS when I was thinking of getting one because of the lower price. But then I got side tracked and got a yummy eternity ring from them instead. When it came time to start snooping for my ring upgrade again, I was head over heals for OECs, so I went in that direction.

I am going to have to check out that thread you are talking about, I am still curious about how they look in real life!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just discovered them today from kevl's post, and I'm intrigued because of the lower price too. There are no true deals in retail, so there must be a reason for the pricing. Thanks for coming back to respond!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

No problem! :)) I'll be interested to see how they look and perform in normal lighting. Hopefully they post pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, something was very wrong with those prices for sure! Either the stones were graded by EGL North Pole or there was a major typo! I think the diamond looks really pretty, though!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

The North Pole...hahaha. :lol:

I just looked at the listings on ID Jewelry, they don't say who or IF they are certified. There is a view certificate button, but an error comes up every time you click on it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1334667572|3173188 said:
YEither the stones were graded by EGL North Pole or...

But Santa knows EXACTLY what kind of diamond I want, so he wouldn't grade it incorrectly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results