shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a source for really lovely chalcedony?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would like to get my FMIL some earrings, and she loves periwinkle and tanzanite colored stones.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
ACS has some pretty chalcedony but it doesn't look like he has any pairs on his website. Shoot Barry an email and see if he has some not listed or can get some for you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not periwinkle, neither is it a chalcedony, but good charoite makes such an incredible impression. Like a lavender-purple malachite. It you find a good pair, the earrings will make an incredible statement.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if you are anywhere near a gem show such as the Intergem, but I often see strands of beautiful chalcedony at the shows. You probably would have to buy 1/2 a strand, though.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
crasru said:
This is not periwinkle, neither is it a chalcedony, but good charoite makes such an incredible impression. Like a lavender-purple malachite. It you find a good pair, the earrings will make an incredible statement.

Ditto. And it's rare too like mawsitsit (Burma) 'cos it's only found in Siberia (if im not mistaken) ;))

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty, I did look through etsy a bit, but didn't find anything in quality I wanted (white gold yellow gold or platinum; no wire wrapping).

She really wants purple-blue stones and mentioned periwinkle an tanzanite colored stones as her favorite. She also really only wears earrings.

I have found lots of really pretty vermeil, but I wouldn't really want to gift that to her, since she gives me really lovely high-quality things, and I wanted to give her these as a sort of thank you gift.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
you could try looking for mojave blue agate, it can be quite lovely with a delicate color. Hard to find though.
AJS has some blue chalcedony but to me it just looks grey.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are some good cabbers on Etsy who offer matched chalcedony. Then, you can have them set however you like. I think it will be hard to find gold or platinum set chalcedony off the shelf, simply because few people buy less expensive stones set in gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results