shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a RG Tiffany setting?

Jr3

Rough_Rock
Hi there, my name is Jamie and this is my first post. I was curious if any of you lovely pricescopers have a Tiffany setting ring in rose gold?
I am looking to replace my engagement ring one day as I no longer can wear it, and it has cracked diamonds... am interested in a 1/2 carat D IF rose gold rb Tiffany ring to replace my original. Any help with seeing some photos of any size rb rose gold Tiffany engagement rings would be greatly appreciated!
I understand I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere, but alas, I have tiny child hands and anything above 1/2 carat looks like I have raided my grandmothers jewelery drawer lol.
Thank you all so much and God bless!!!
:)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jamie, and welcome!

I'm a huge fan of Tiffany. Their classic knife edge solitaire round brilliant is my dream ring. My husband bought a BEAUTIFUL pear cut that I adore, but it doesn't scratch my Tiffany itch. Here in the UK we don't tend to upgrade, so I love it & know it's for keeps. Sure, you can get better value elsewhere, but if your heart wants Tiffany, then you should get Tiffany.

I'm sure there will be PSers who can help with pictures. Between us here, we've got everything :wavey: @kayla17 has many rose gold Tiffany rings, so maybe she'll pop by.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the heads up @Alex T !
I have a few rose gold items from Tiffany’s (earrings, pendants, bracelets and wedding bands) but not a diamond solitaire engagement. I’ve also sold many Tiffany things that I wasn’t wearing.
I once had a .55(?) I VVS2 round diamond solitaire set but it was in platinum and I sold it here on Preloved.

I will say that their rose gold is not as pink as other companies, it leans more toward yellow gold imo. Once I thought I had a piece that was yellow gold until I put it next to a yellow gold piece. Then I saw it was more coppery.

Speaking of which, I realize that I prefer 14kt. rose gold. It just has more of a pinkish hue imo.

Sorry I’m not much help!

Jr3

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! I am glad to hear the rose gold from Tiffanys is not SUPER pink. I have been having a terrible time deciding between rose and yellow.
I have not gone to try any on because I am about 3.5 hours from a Tiffanys! :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not mine. I was at Tiffany a couple of weeks ago just trying stuff on. This is their classic setting, D, 1 carat. It’s next to my five stone band, 30 pointers and these are Es and Fs. My finger is a 4.5 for reference. Just FYI. I thought the stone was beautifully cut, very lively, more lively than a 2 carat H I tried on.
376E823B-83C3-47DC-9A71-F96016831C1C.jpeg

Jr3

Rough_Rock
This is not mine. I was at Tiffany a couple of weeks ago just trying stuff on. This is their classic setting, D, 1 carat. It’s next to my five stone band, 30 pointers and these are Es and Fs. My finger is a 4.5 for reference. Just FYI. I thought the stone was beautifully cut, very lively, more lively than a 2 carat H I tried on.

Thank you so much!!! Do you by chance have any photos of the side of the ring?
Take care:)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry. I only have a side view of the platinum classic setting. Do you want that?

Jr3

Rough_Rock
Sorry. I only have a side view of the platinum classic setting. Do you want that?

No worries at all, thank you for the pic you posted! I appreciate that and sure, I would love to see! Thanks again!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don't have a ring but rose and yellow gold Tiffany necklaces. I layer them and the rose is not "big" pink. FWIW I have a Cartier rose gold ring (Orchid) and all Brands have a different color nuance. Love them all.

cheers--Sharon

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

I don't have a ring but rose and yellow gold Tiffany necklaces. I layer them and the rose is not "big" pink. FWIW I have a Cartier rose gold ring (Orchid) and all Brands have a different color nuance. Love them all.

cheers--Sharon

Ahem pics pretty please!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a 2 carat center. (I think. Maybe 3 carat.). I forgot.
29333A0C-6AD5-4426-B694-A41076069EB7.jpeg

This. This is my dream ring....... :kiss2:
Have never even tried one on, so I console myself that it might look rubbish on my hand!

Reactions: Jr3

Jr3

Rough_Rock
This. This is my dream ring....... :kiss2:
Have never even tried one on, so I console myself that it might look rubbish on my hand!

That is quite how I feel. I have extremely hideous bent fingers from showing horses my whole life and yuck nails lol.... but keeping the hope that a half carat Tiff wouldnt look terrible on me.. if it does I might never get another diamond to he honest lol

Jr3

Rough_Rock
d7d279c6f255d530c8b530c9d1067190.jpg 2ab7772f5fdeb1b31f936d6fcbb5c1a8.jpg
thinking about these 2 bands would also be lovely with a Tiffany solitaire, what do you wonderful ladies think???

also love the RG 2mm channel set eternity band as well

those 4 rings would be my dream set... we shall see, one day. :)

Jr3

Rough_Rock
20201025_120157.jpg

the split prong milgrain eternity is beaudry couture, but cannot seem to find any info on their site about it. Might have Leon design something similar to it one day... have always loved Leons work
but unsure. Has anyone worked with Michael Beaudry?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Tiffany will look beautiful on any hand :kiss2:

And those bands are perfection.

Jr3

Rough_Rock
A Tiffany will look beautiful on any hand :kiss2:

And those bands are perfection.

I sure hope so!!! Agreed on the bands... im not even sure how many hours I have spent obsessing over wedding bands... too many to even want to think about haha
ive worn my poor hubby out talking about rings, so that is when I came out of lurking and made an account lol

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your replies! I am glad to hear the rose gold from Tiffanys is not SUPER pink. I have been having a terrible time deciding between rose and yellow.
I have not gone to try any on because I am about 3.5 hours from a Tiffanys! :)

Tiffany’s rose gold is 18k and it’s more of a peach than pink. I think it looks lovely on people who lean warm and olive toned. I have a 2mm 18k rose gold band from eWeddingbands and their rose gold is the same coloring as Tiffany’s (under their store lights).

If you wanted a cheaper alternative to try, consider getting an 18k rose gold spacer band to see what it looks like on your skin tone.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a pre-loved jewelry seller on IG that has a .48 G VVS1 Tiffany in 18k YG for sale. I keep thinking of you, since you said you can't decide between RG and YG. It's not D/IF, so I don't know if it's of any interest.

1603808641498.png

Jr3

Rough_Rock
There is a pre-loved jewelry seller on IG that has a .48 G VVS1 Tiffany in 18k YG for sale. I keep thinking of you, since you said you can't decide between RG and YG. It's not D/IF, so I don't know if it's of any interest.

1603808641498.png

Thank you kindly for thinking of me!!! I totally forgot about bluemoonbits!!!!!
I know it is a bit silly but D IF is a deal breaker. Im thinking of having a stone cut at BGD one day and set into something. There are a few things im finding I dont love about the Tiff setting I have gone back and forth on for a few years now. I am so horribly indecisive :(

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I worry I may be the pickiest and most indecisive woman in the world. lol
cant make my mind up.. only think I am sure of it nothing over 1/2 carat and a D IF
other then that.. I am a lost cause until further notice :confused::Up_to_something:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you, I have wanted to reset for a couple of years and I cannot setting on something!

There is something really special about having a D/IF! I have one myself - a .46 D/IF August Vintage Round. It's amazing! I had it set in a platinum Van Craeynest 457. A special setting for a special little diamond. As a whole, it has a lot of presence and just feels so luxe. I love knowing that even though the diamond is smaller, it's all a really special package and no one knows that but me!

I am not familiar with Tiffany's prices, but I hear they are really inflated. For reference, my diamond cost 3300 and the setting now retails for 3100 in 18k rose or yellow gold. If that compares with Tiffany's pricing, then it might be worth considering other sources that will give you the D/IF and a heirloom setting. I'd recommend considering Van Craeynest settings. They are most often set with .5 carats, really compliment that size, and really make for a special piece worth of holding a D/IF. Not that I am biased or anything! :D

(I'd also consider having a setting made by Mark Morrell or Victor Canera. For the price you might pay for the Tiffany, I bet you could get a D/IF from another source and a setting from one of these jewelers and it would be spectacular. Mark Morrell's Tiffany-like setting have a little something extra - maybe that would hit the spot that you are craving?)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
d7d279c6f255d530c8b530c9d1067190.jpg 2ab7772f5fdeb1b31f936d6fcbb5c1a8.jpg
thinking about these 2 bands would also be lovely with a Tiffany solitaire, what do you wonderful ladies think???

also love the RG 2mm channel set eternity band as well

those 4 rings would be my dream set... we shall see, one day. :)

I think that you would need to try on any band with the Tiffany solitaire before buying it. The height and width difference will be noticeable, and may bother you if that matters to you.

I do love Leon's string theory bands, but it's very hard to commit without trying one on with the ring I want to wear it with.

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I hear you, I have wanted to reset for a couple of years and I cannot setting on something!

There is something really special about having a D/IF! I have one myself - a .46 D/IF August Vintage Round. It's amazing! I had it set in a platinum Van Craeynest 457. A special setting for a special little diamond. As a whole, it has a lot of presence and just feels so luxe. I love knowing that even though the diamond is smaller, it's all a really special package and no one knows that but me!

I am not familiar with Tiffany's prices, but I hear they are really inflated. For reference, my diamond cost 3300 and the setting now retails for 3100 in 18k rose or yellow gold. If that compares with Tiffany's pricing, then it might be worth considering other sources that will give you the D/IF and a heirloom setting. I'd recommend considering Van Craeynest settings. They are most often set with .5 carats, really compliment that size, and really make for a special piece worth of holding a D/IF. Not that I am biased or anything! :D

(I'd also consider having a setting made by Mark Morrell or Victor Canera. For the price you might pay for the Tiffany, I bet you could get a D/IF from another source and a setting from one of these jewelers and it would be spectacular. Mark Morrell's Tiffany-like setting have a little something extra - maybe that would hit the spot that you are craving?)

I would love to see pics of your ring!! I love Van craeynest but I dont think ill be going with an oec or similar, probably MRB and I prefer his settings with old cuts! So gorgeous!!!
I have seen the petite torchiere on here with a half carat and did think that was nice. Ill probably end up going with Vc one day when I can make my mind up and not change it 3x a day lol

im inbetween the torchier, tiff, and BGD tapered... like a combo of all 3 would be the perfect ring.. go completely custom one day haha
but that also worries me a bit as I have heard so many horror stories

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I have also thought of buying a 1/3 carat tiff (thinner band than 1/2 carat) and having the prongs reworked and putting a BGD 1/2 carat D IF in it... hmmm so many decisions
I am so picky about the thickness and prongs and the tiff prongs bother me for some reason... let me just split more hairs lol:eek-2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jridge682 -

If anything over half a ct is too big on you, I have to ask...what size is your finger?? Because we have ladies here with tiny fingers who wear substantial rings and they look great! All taste is subjective, of course, but I'm just wondering....size 2.5? Smaller?

I used to know a woman who had the tiniest hands I'd ever seen. She was 4' 10.5", extremely slender, and her hands were tiny! A 1/4ct diamond on her looked like a 1.25ct on me. It was extraordinary. I believe her hands were smaller than size 2. Lucky woman!!

ETA And welcome!

And ETA x 2... Can you share with us why it has to be a D IF?

Jr3

Rough_Rock
@Jridge682 -

If anything over half a ct is too big on you, I have to ask...what size is your finger?? Because we have ladies here with tiny fingers who wear substantial rings and they look great! All taste is subjective, of course, but I'm just wondering....size 2.5? Smaller?

I used to know a woman who had the tiniest hands I'd ever seen. She was 4' 10.5", extremely slender, and her hands were tiny! A 1/4ct diamond on her looked like a 1.25ct on me. It was extraordinary. I believe her hands were smaller than size 2. Lucky woman!!

ETA And welcome!

And ETA x 2... Can you share with us why it has to be a D IF?

Im a 4.5 so not terribly tiny, I just have really short hands that look extremely childish and big rings just look silly quite honestly... but 1 carats (in a round shape) looks even, almost goofy on my hands, and my hubby and I are very, VERY low key and casual people. D IF is just personal preference.
My original ring has a 3/4 carat princess center w/halo and 1/4 carat w/halo sides and 3 row micropave and the band (my promise ring) I wore with is a 1 carat graduated 5 stone.
Instead of replacing those rings, could always upgrade the diamonds... but there are a few things that bug me about the setting

that is crazy about the lady with the teeny hands!!! wow!

Jr3

Rough_Rock
I made a post about my original ring with lots of photos in show me the bling :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a 1/2 ctw Tiffany solitaire in RG would be very elegant. I saw the pics of your rings in your other thread - I know it’s too big/broken, but there’s a lot of finger coverage there. Have you tried on 1/2 ct solitaire? Are you good with a very streamlined look?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results