shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone have a pic of 2 rings, a 4 prong and a 6 prong, with the same size diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
So i can compare the "looks"?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is my wedding ring when it had 6 prongs. I did not take "before" pictures to compare the two, but you can kind of see the "before" prongs in this picture:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And here it is from the side with the 4 prongs:

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Patty, for always helping me!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
hey, Patty--did you get the surprise diamonds fixed? they look different in this pic?
21.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
The ring is at the jeweler now, Jennifer. This pic was taken when they stuck out. The side view was fine...it was the top and OTHER side view that looked bad.

Ya know, treysar, I think a 4 prong head shows off the diamond more, but a 6 prong head makes the stone look rounder and sometimes bigger. My neighbor has a very small diamond and it fell out of her 4 prong head (after 30 years). She had it put into a 6 prong head and she was thrilled with how much bigger the diamond looked to her in the 6 prongs.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I second this.....I found when I was comparing at the malls that I seemed more drawn to 6-prong than 4-prong.

To me, the 4-prong gave the illusion of "squaring off" the diamond. The 6-prong preserved the "round" look and most of the 6-prongs looked bigger (more emphasis around the perimeter....draws your eyes more to the edges).

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Patty, the profile of the ring is so pretty... Can't wait to see the "edited" version!
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine was a 4 and is now a 6. If you can find my thread about my ring when I first joined I have a photo of it each way.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Here is Ame's ring with 4 prongs:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
And here is Ame's with 6 prongs:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/4/2004 4:24:45 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

Patty, the profile of the ring is so pretty... Can't wait to see the 'edited' version!
1.gif
----------------

Thanks Jennifer! I'm anxious to see it too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks! my stupid home computer refuses to load the posting page.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results