shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a lab sapphire or spinel from precision gem?

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an old thread but I also have a lab stone from Gene. Mine is a blue spinel oval. The color is gorgeous!

I'm still on the fence about it, though. It's my first lab-grown stone & I can't quite love it yet. :eh::eh::eh:

It's a lovely gemstone and if it was a natural gemstone I would adore it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I know this is an old thread but I also have a lab stone from Gene. Mine is a blue spinel oval. The color is gorgeous!

I'm still on the fence about it, though. It's my first lab-grown stone & I can't quite love it yet. :eh::eh::eh:

It's a lovely gemstone and if it was a natural gemstone I would adore it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Could you share a photo please?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock

Do you think it’s because you know it’s a lab stone? I have that issue sometimes too. It’s why I haven’t bought myself a massive lab diamond…

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Could you share a photo please?
Sure! I will try to take a decent photo & post it but I've never posted a pic here so it may take a bit of time for me to get it all to work. ;-)

Do you think it’s because you know it’s a lab stone? I have that issue sometimes too. It’s why I haven’t bought myself a massive lab diamond…

It is 100% because it's a lab stone. I think I'd be okay with a large lab diamond because diamonds are so interchangeable for me. I love, love, love colored (natural) stones, though so I think that's part of the problem.

I may come around to loving lab stones, but I'm not there yet. (Obviously, just for myself. They are gorgeous for other people.)

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I have not forgotten about needing to post a picture but I can't remember where I put the stone & it isn't where I thought it was. Anyway, I will continue looking & post when I find it.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Okay, this is the best picture I could get. Hopefully, IMG_7439.jpg it will be somewhat helpful.

Sorry for the weird setting.

Edited to add: it's much prettier IRL.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
It is VERY sparkly in dim lighting.

It might be growing on me. :)

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I realized what bothers me is that these stones are considered "Fashion Jewelry" and this was too pricey (in my mind) to be something considered costume jewelry.

I guess it's the perception that bothers me about lab-grown colored stones. Lab diamonds are not considered to be fashion jewelry. Are they? (I honestly don't know but I'm assuming no.)

I'm not against fashion jewelry--- have a lot of it I love. I guess it's just that I feel more comfortable about the value vs. price for those pieces than I am with this specific stone.

Part is still that it isn't from the earth, though.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I realized what bothers me is that these stones are considered "Fashion Jewelry" and this was too pricey (in my mind) to be something considered costume jewelry.

I guess it's the perception that bothers me about lab-grown colored stones. Lab diamonds are not considered to be fashion jewelry. Are they? (I honestly don't know but I'm assuming no.)

I'm not against fashion jewelry--- have a lot of it I love. I guess it's just that I feel more comfortable about the value vs. price for those pieces than I am with this specific stone.

Part is still that it isn't from the earth, though.

I feel like the name of this forum is misleading. I think of fashion jewelry as stuff you find at Claire’s or something. It seems unfair to call lab pieces fashion jewelry when they’re set in gold/ platinum/ that other one I can’t think of right now and people use them for e-rings, etc.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I feel like the name of this forum is misleading. I think of fashion jewelry as stuff you find at Claire’s or something. It seems unfair to call lab pieces fashion jewelry when they’re set in gold/ platinum/ that other one I can’t think of right now and people use them for e-rings, etc.

Right?!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

I so agree. Though I don't personally own any lab stones now, there's no way @stonewell lab ruby on page #1 isn't a beautiful piece of fine jewelry, I don't care who you are! The blue stones in this thread are also stunning and can make the most amazing pieces as well.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I so agree. Though I don't personally own any lab stones now, there's no way @stonewell lab ruby on page #1 isn't a beautiful piece of fine jewelry, I don't care who you are! The blue stones in this thread are also stunning and can make the most amazing pieces as well.
Is there a reason this forum isn't just combined with the "colored gemstone" one? Why does lab need its own "fab fashion sub-forum? People can simply specify whether they're talking about natural vs lab, I doubt there'd be confusion that we can't clear up. Any mod reading this can help answer?

Okay, this is the best picture I could get. Hopefully, IMG_7439.jpg it will be somewhat helpful.

Sorry for the weird setting.

Edited to add: it's much prettier IRL.
Just seeing this now, wow, this is beautiful, @Cinders! Is this the cobalt blue spinel? If so, I've been wanting to get one in an oval shape, but I can't decide on the size.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Is there a reason this forum isn't just combined with the "colored gemstone" one? Why does lab need its own "fab fashion sub-forum? People can simply specify whether they're talking about natural vs lab, I doubt there'd be confusion that we can't clear up. Any mod reading this can help answer?

Just seeing this now, wow, this is beautiful, @Cinders! Is this the cobalt blue spinel? If so, I've been wanting to get one in an oval shape, but I can't decide on the size.

I can't remember if this was listed as cobalt blue or just blue. I can't quite remember the weight of this but I think it was around 2.4-ish. It is approximately 9x7 mm. It has a lovely presence

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results