shape
carat
color
clarity

anyone have a halo without pave band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kem

Rough_Rock
I am looking for ways to have a halo setting without breaking the bank. I am in love with the ritani endless love (aren''t we all?) but I am afraid that I will spend all this money on the setting and then lose one of the diamonds in the band or in the halo, or in the eternity band I would HAVE to have to go with it, haha. I was thinking a way to make things cheaper and to ease my mind about all the pave would be to find a similar low set bezel halo setting without the pave band. does anyone have something like this? if so, post pics for me? i don''t want to completely ruin that "frosted" look I love, but I''m thinking most of the bling factor comes from the halo anyway.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I was looking as well (for a friend) but didn''t turn up much. I recommended to him that he go the custom route; find an example he liked (i.e. WF, LM, anyone from PS) and then have them custom make it without the pave shoulders.

Not exactly what you were looking for...but I thought I''d pipe in with my related experience.

Best of luck!!!!!

PS. This would be SO GORGEOUS (custome made with a diamonds, natch!)
30.gif

fay cullen bee-uty inspiration.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Or you could go WF and have them do something like thier halo bezel, custom job - sans pave! hope this helps a wee bit
2.gif

WF bezel halo inspiration.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring (custom design by Ocean Rose Pearlman) is exactly like this-- for exactly the reason above. Here also is a thread that capture's other rings (including PSers) that are like this. MINE's ring was my inspiration. Tawns has two shanks, but is very similar otherwise to what you want.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/plain-band-with-halos.57197/

I'll have mine this weekend, and will be posting pics on this board, if you are interested. My halo is a thinner version of the HW cushion ring's halo with claw prongs (not bezel set) and a two mm shank.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tawn has a pave halo w/out pave band...also, a new designer durnell on pearlmans website has several ring designs with pave halo''s and no pave on the bands...

link to her thread

tawnzring.jpg

TWring.jpg

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I don't have this type of ring myself, but here is another example of a halo with no pave on the shank. I think it looks really nice with this particular shaped stone.

nopavehalo333.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Ritani makes the endless love bezel halo without a diamond band, at least they use to.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of a halo with a plain band. The contrast is beautiful.

If you do want the look of a pave band, but without the extra money or hassle to eventually replace stones... you could have the shank engraved (a la iwannaprettyone''s lovely solitaire) to retain some of the delicacy and refraction of pave. Just an idea.

Whatever you choose will be beautiful!

Kem

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone! this has been super helpful. if you have more pics, post them! especially the lower set ones, the tacori is a little too high for me.
onedrop- i love that setting, where did you get the pic from? although I will probably end up with a round stone (probably a sapphire actually, not a diamond)
moonwater- i couldn''t find the ritani setting without the pave band.

i am starting to wonder if i should just go for the pave band because it will be just as expensive to get something custom without it if i still want platinum. but i also worry about resizing and wish i could get the ring engraved, which i assume you can''t with the ritani. ugg, i just wish the perfect setting would just appear (within my price range) and i could stop all this stressing and obsessing.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Kem...I love a halo with out pave too. Don''t you think you are settled...not having pave in a band...it has enough merit all by itself. There is much to be said about simplicity.

You know I think using that design can enable you to have more options...with wbands. I would think a plain band like Tawns looks great!! But also you can snuggle a pave w band up under that halo. And wouldn''t two pave bands look really great...pave that matched the halo ...I think it would be smashing!

And I am from America where we really don''t use the word smashing unless we are talking pumpkins or something.
Simply Smashing Darlin!

DKS

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Kem: I found that ring at this website. The company name is DeNatale. It is can bestressful trying to make sure that you end up with exactly what you want with a piece of jewelry that you''ll be wearing for a long time, so you''re normal.
2.gif
It is also probably true that while trying to avoid the pave on the shank of the setting because of the cost, you may end up spending just as much going custom to get what you want. The best way to make a decision is to do a little cost-analysis.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi kem!

this probably won''t be your style considering you are looking at the ritani endless love, and this is quite different, but here is a ring from pearlman''s that has a halo and plain shank. it''s a jane taylor, and bill sent me one to try out and i liked it very much. very low profile, nice heft to it if you like that feel, but still a nice look. i''ll post a pic of the one he let me try, but it was for a princess. anyway, here''s the one for a round. you can find it here: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/previously-owned-jewelry/rings/028PO1/16/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Custom will cost as much, and quite possibly more than the Ritani stock setting does. I would call Pearlmans and ask if that Ritani comes with a plain shank, and what the cost would be. Alternately, I know that Ritani will put in a sizing bar instead of a full eternity on that setting, so sizing won''t be an issue. And Bill (at Pearlmans) will be happy to talk you about his experiences and his customer''s experiences with Ritani, talk to you about your lifestyle, and about how you wear your jewelry, and give you a recommendation yeah or nay on the Ritani. He''s an honest guy, and will not sell you on anything that isn''t right for you. And he''s been carrying Ritani for quite some time.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ritani on left, jane taylor on right

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jane taylor on my hand. not the most flattering shot, but gives you the idea.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gypsy is right - talk to bill pearlman! just recently i was considering the ritani endless love with halo for my reset, and had the very same concern you are expressing with regard to the melee falling out and not wanting a ring i had to worry about. i talked to bill about my concerns and he reassured me the ritani would hold up. in fact, he called it ''a moose'' which my DH and i got a kick out of.

one thing to consider, if you go with a plain shank and you go with platinum, it will develope a patina as it''s called. it''s easy to restore the shine, but one of the reasons i wanted some diamonds in the shank is i love a glimmer/shine and don''t care for the patina. however, i definitely wanted platinum, so having some pave seemed like the perfect solution.

in the end, i found a ring with a halo and 4 diamonds down the top of the shank on each side that are beadset, and the rest is all engraved. so it has less diamonds to worry about, but still gives me the halo and some shimmer/sparkle on the band, and the engraving will hide any ''patina'' or wear, and give off a little light reflection too. for me, it was the perfect compromise and i get everything i want - a blingy ring that won''t show a lot of patina, a halo, and something sturdy that can stand up to wear but still looks feminine and phenom (to me anyway).

in fact, pearlman''s has another ring in his great deals section that is by the same designer as i ended up going with. it is for a round, and has a split shank, and it''s about the same price as the ritani. the pave on the split shank doesn''t go all the way around, so again, less melee to worry about but still lots of pave shimmer. here''s the link: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/104CO1/48/

he''s also got one in there just like mine so it doesn''t have the split shank but for an oval diamond, if you care for them. here''s the link to that one: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/102CO1/56/

these are very different looks from ritani, but i LOVED them both and was so torn. but i''m sorry if they are nothing you would ever consider. just figured it couldn''t hurt to post ''em so you could see an alternative to full pave band vs. plain band.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here''s the oval.

one other note, pearlman''s is wonderful about sending you a setting to try out. so if your interest is at all piqued, don''t discount them based on not being able to see/try them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2007 7:19:36 PM
Author: rainydaze
jane taylor on my hand. not the most flattering shot, but gives you the idea.
This ring is gorgeous!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, some final thoughts and then i'll go away.

cuteyTT has the ritani endless love halo for her RB and it is one of my all-time faves - hers in particular but also that setting for RBs. she did say in one of her threads that she puts it in her ultrasonic all the time, wears it all the time, does not baby it, and she has had no problems. i think she said she's had it over a year. i know she's only one, but i did an exhaustive search for issues with ritani melee and the thinness of their bands, and pretty much everything i found and every jeweler i spoke with who carried them, supported the notion that they encounter very few, if any, problems with ritani's pave rings.

one other thing bill pearlman mentioned to me was that ritani builds up that little wall along the pave. he said this provides some extra protection/security for the melee, which seems to make sense.

one jeweler did say she wouldn't recommend wearing the ritani, or any pave ring, to bed because the fabric of your sheets is an abrasive and can wear at the little beads that hold the melee in over time and then you might have a problem. i figured i could get in the habit of taking them off at night. it would remind me to put some lotion on my hands for a change!
2.gif

all of that being said, i still had that niggly feeling that even if it were 'a moose' it still FEELS delicate and i wasn't convinced i would overcome that feeling and be able to completely enjoy my rings without any worry. that is one of the reasons the eli won out for me.

over and out.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Crackers...

I just realized I tried on a ring JUST like the ritani...at a well respected jeweler in town that is closing. All things mega discounted, now. The halo had a cz or white sapphire in 1 carat in the center. I needed it to be larger so I didn''t pursue it. Regretted it as I could have put a beautiful color stone in the center...it was priced at $800 with 30% off.

Now everything is 75% off and I am sure slim pick ens and no WAY that ring is still there. I will try to remember to call on it tomorrow and learn the manufacturer for you.

It was only after seeing the profile of it in the image RainyDaze just posted that I realized it was the same!! I hope this doesn''t offend anyone..it is not my intention...as I love that ring too...but I remembered thinking UFO when I looked at the profile. It looks to me like a flying saucer on it''s charger...the two prong things support it so it is the UFO landing dock...OK so I have an imagination! Twilight Zone...yes...I seem to stay there most of the time.

DKS

Kem

Rough_Rock
oh I feel so much better after reading the replies in this thread I can''t even tell you.

I think I am probably going to end up going with a plain band that is a little bit bigger. Rainydaze, I totally know what you mean having read all the posts that say ritani''s workmanship is great, which I don''t doubt, and that people have had very few problems, if any. But I can''t help feeling like I would worry. But I really appreciate all the things you are posting, trust me I keep thinking I know but I have no idea what I want so the more options the better. The other thing is that I really want to get my wedding band engraved and you can''t with the matching eternity band from ritani. So I am thinking maybe something a bit more sturdy (or sturdy looking anyway)

I''m feeling so torn lately, I came up with the idea of setting a sapphire in the ritani setting to save money so we could afford it, but lately I have been feeling like I will miss the classic diamond look and will get tired of blue and maybe I just want the best diamond I can get in whatever setting we can afford and maybe we can''t even afford the halo and I should go with just a simple bezel setting (will that make the diamond look smaller?) I know this is not the forum or the thread for this type of ranting (probably the commitment thread linked above is, haha) but ahh I want to tear my hair out some days and an e-ring is not something I ever thought would stress me out. in fact, I always sort of imagined the guy magically picking out the perfect thing without me having to lift a finger and then surprising me with it. Now I know better- I love my boyfriend but I barely trust him to pick out his clothes in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results