shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a good Ramen noodle recipe?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Because that is all I am going to eat for a long time...

You see, not only did I spend a good amount of money travelling (budgeted, but still), I also went on a mini gem buying spree...

It all started with this little spinel, just under a carat (0.96). I know I shouldn't get any more pink gems, but it was whimpering...

Although I am not a Barbie girl and I rarely wear pink (even then, it is probably a barely there, pale shade), I can't resist a pink gem. Go figure...

17595-ae.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo...... :lickout: That's a tasty stone!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Then came this baby: a 3.3ct Munsteiner carved amethyst. Did I mention Munsteiner? I have had a love affair with his work ever since I first saw it and I always thought it would be way out of my price range.

MunsteinerAm3.31ct.[2].gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And then this lovely green metamict zircon, just over a carat. Nice green zircons are very hard to find; most are quite ugly. I had never seen such a nice minty green stone.

To top it off, it is slightly radioactive. Not dangerously so (it can be worn, but I wouldn't set it on a pendant) but enough to set off a counter. I do plan on keeping it strictly as a collector's stone, though.

thumb_35441.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my...they are so pretty. The color on the spinal reminds me of a juicy raspberry... YUMMY!! :lickout:

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Uppy and Mochi! I can't wait to get it. I am hounding the mail daily for these 3 (the spinel should arrive anyday now, the zircon late next week or early the next, 15 days for the Munsteiner - oh, the agony!).

I do think I have a gemstone problem, though. I bought 2 50jars gem cases, thinking that they would hold all my stones and give me room to grow. Instead, I filled them all up and had some stones left over (most are learner stones and stones I use for gemsetting, as I wouldn't dare to set a Barry or a Gene stone yet). I also seem to be missing a few and I can't imagine where they might be :(sad

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
goodness gracious..you have some sweet stones..I must say this little round of gem buying was fantastic..very very very very nice..will ship some noodles your way next week ;))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stones Lady D! Looking forward to your photos. ;))

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
:love: and :naughty: and =) green with envy! I love them all but that spinel makes my heart go pitter patter. *sigh*

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones LD!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey noodle eating ain't so bad especially when you're going to be looking so pretty with all your jewellery whilst eating them!

Loving the cut on the amethyst - can't wait to see your piccies.

I know what you mean about pink gems - I don't wear pink or even like it very much but put a pink gem in front of me and out comes the Visa card :nono: Do you think there's some sort of anti-pink therapy we could go to together? :shock:

Also the zircon is sooooooo pretty!

They're too good to sit in jars so you must make some plans!

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful gems. Your Munsteiner stone looks amazing.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stones. I really like the (Mahenge, Burmese??) spinel.

Here's my explanation about the pink. I'm not a pink gal either, but I set my 0.94 ct Mahenge in a ring set with some small diamonds, and you know what? It works like a tiny bit of reddish lipstick for the hand, just as lipstick does for the face. Just perks up things a whole lot. :tongue:

Enjoy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eating ramen noodles will be worth it in this case; all 3 are wonderfully coloured and cut. I love the glow of the Mahenge and the zircon, and the cutting of the amethyst stands out amongst the other regular purple amethysts.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgoeous!! I especially love the amethyst. Will you set it?

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl said:
Lovely stones. I really like the (Mahenge, Burmese??) spinel.

Here's my explanation about the pink. I'm not a pink gal either, but I set my 0.94 ct Mahenge in a ring set with some small diamonds, and you know what? It works like a tiny bit of reddish lipstick for the hand, just as lipstick does for the face. Just perks up things a whole lot. :tongue:

Enjoy!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Lipstick for the hand - LOL. I loooove that description :appl: I gotta get me some. :naughty:

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_D,

those look like they will be lovely stones, especially the green zircon.

I'm interested to find out what you think of the munsteiner, cos I'm fascinated by them too, but not been brave enough to buy one.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the zircon. I also would like to know what you think of Munsteiner's work since I have his citrine.
Congratulations on your stones! Great photograph, too (although I miss the parrot...)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for all the kind words, ladies (and gentleman). It is tuesday and no spinel in the mailbox yet. I am getting antsy (but it is still within the expected time frame, so I should just be patient - as if...).

I love the lipstick for the hand definition! Now I smile whenever I see one of my pink gems. I am wearing a small pink tourmaline set in titanium right now. The dark grey sets off the pink quite nicely!

The more I look at the zircon, the more I want to set. It would have to be a ring (low, safe radioactivity or not, I don't want any level of radiation near my thyroid!). I keep imagining a very simple bezel in silver but perhaps yellow gold might set off the minty colour better. Decisions, decisions.

I am certainly setting the Munsteiner, but it may take a while, as I want a pretty fab setting for it. I was thinking about a pendant, very sleek and modern. Perhaps something by Triskoor a similar designer. Crasru, you are my modern designer guru - any suggestions?

I am glad you got the citrine, crasru. It is going to a good home! Do you have any plans for? I want to see photos! Please? It will help me to wait for mine!

I really like the carved gems. I have my eye on one of Osiris's stones (as soon as I find a new job!) and I dream of having a great Dyer stone as well. A girl can dream!

Trm_green.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kismet is a modern setting guru. I am just looking through books.

I shall post my citrine. Great cut, I just hope it is not heated.

If you lived in the US, I could invite you to join "Happy Gem Owners" club. We could do potlucks and save on the food!

Here is an etsy artisan who I think is super-modern. I plan to order from him but if you like his work, do not try to reach him through etsy - it is next to impossible. Just call his store (I think the phone nr is listed somewhere in the website). I spoke to him once, then got lost in other projects, but he definitely appears promising.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/oceanlilystudio?page=1

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
crasru said:

If you lived in the US, I could invite you to join "Happy Gem Owners" club. We could do potlucks and save on the food!

Here is an etsy artisan who I think is super-modern. I plan to order from him but if you like his work, do not try to reach him through etsy - it is next to impossible. Just call his store (I think the phone nr is listed somewhere in the website). I spoke to him once, then got lost in other projects, but he definitely appears promising.

Interesting: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48235691/kismet :cheeky:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
brandy_z28 said:
crasru said:

Interesting: http://www.etsy.com/listing/48235691/kismet :cheeky:

I know, I know. Well, that only proves my point... If rings are named after her, then she is making history...

Look at the Tantric ring, though. At the photo where a ribbon is threaded through it. It is made of palladium which is much cheaper than gold. With a minor modification, the upper part could be turned into a pendant that could hold a narrow tourmaline. Or an amethyst. I plan to send this guy my ring bought from Osiris gems (salmon-colored pyrope). I do not want to spend $$ to set it but I can cough out the price of palladium.

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous gems.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results