shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a 2mm blue sapphire and diamond Tiffany eternity band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!! I am thinking of buying the 2mm all-diamond eternity band from Tiffany''s but my husband likes the blue sapphire and diamond one there better. Since there is a consideral price difference I don''t know what to choose, I like them both but I want to wear it as a wedding band. Do you think it will look too small and therefor cheap if I wear it by itself as a wedding ring?
33.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Trinity I think the 2mm will look very, very delicate. If that's the look u want. Here's mine right beneath Ering. I sometimes swap it out with a shared prong WB below the channel set band.

P4240005.stackPS.jpg

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lisa! I love dainty, I just wondered if most people would see it as too small.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
There will always be somebody that has a problem with what you do - if you are comfortable with your band and like how it looks, don''t worry what other people think. [I think DH should get you 2 bands with the sapphires if that is what he likes - that way you can wear one on either side of the diamond band] However, not that you asked, but, you might want to consider getting similar bands from Facets - or maybe one Tiffany - if the name is important - and the other 2 from Facets . . . just a thought . . .

BTW, if somebody thinks one band is too dainty you can always tell them that they can buy you 2 additional ones [you want to have an odd number for balance - LOL!] and that you would be happy to wear them when in their presence so they are not offended.
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 2:48:44 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Hi Trinity I think the 2mm will look very, very delicate. If that''s the look u want. Here''s mine right beneath Ering. I sometimes swap it out with a shared prong WB below the channel set band.
Wow lisa, seeing your shared prong band makes me want one even worse than I did before. Your set is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 2mm Tiffany Legacy band which I absolutely love. But I am not sure I'd really wear it alone. However, as others have mentioned, it would be fabulous stacked with another band or two. Even a plain band on either side would add more substance. I'd probably go for a 3mm band if I wanted to wear it alone.

Oh, and I think he should get what YOU want, not what he prefers.
1.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 4:08:01 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

BTW, if somebody thinks one band is too dainty you can always tell them that they can buy you 2 additional ones [you want to have an odd number for balance - LOL!] and that you would be happy to wear them when in their presence so they are not offended.
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Haha...I think I''ll try this sometime!
9.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 4:10:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 8/23/2009 2:48:44 PM
Author: lisa1.01fvs1
Hi Trinity I think the 2mm will look very, very delicate. If that''s the look u want. Here''s mine right beneath Ering. I sometimes swap it out with a shared prong WB below the channel set band.
Wow lisa, seeing your shared prong band makes me want one even worse than I did before. Your set is gorgeous!
Hey Freke love your recent Tiff thread BTW.

The shared prong is the .27 and wouldn''t u know that once u start you want an even bigger one?

I have my sights set on the .56 now. Like I really need yet another band!

After that it''s on to their .91. Jeesh I''m greedy!
3.gif

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Sorry it took me so long to get back! I was having computer problems.

I''ve had bad experiences with companies over the internet. I even had a custom made egagement ring done by the swanky Renaissance Platinum on Sunset Boulevard in California and they messed it up. They put the wrong style of prongs on and the wrong 18k yellow gold detailing on the side gallery of the ring. When they fixed it the beading/milgrain design did not extend all the way to the end like it does on the two side pear galleries. It costed a fortune ($5,000) for only the mounting that they messed up twice and can''t be fixed! Not to mention all the angush, it was supposed to be my dream engagement ring.
15.gif

So I know Tiffany pieces are always PERFECT or else they never make it the store to sell. And my husband only trusts these well-known high end companies for my jewelery which is really nice, but even harder for us to afford.

I''ll try to upload the picture of my ring from Renaissance.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
This is after to fixed the prongs with split-prongs like I wanted.

DSCN2055.JPG

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
This is how they first made the ring. When they soldered on the new split-prongs they melted the beading beside the prongs. Now it looks like melted metal and the beads do not extend completely across.

DSCN1887.jpg

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Sorry, that is confusing. I SHOULD say the first picture I posted shows the final problem with the beading. The second photo is how they first made it not according to my specifications.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
I was really considering Facets and Whiteflash because they are talked about highly here, but one woman on pricescope said she had a custom made eternity band done by Whiteflash and they sent it to her with bent prongs!!!

Now I don''t want to take the risk.

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
He always gets me what I want, but I always get his opinion aswell.
19.gif

Trinity Creation

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 4:37:52 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I have the 2mm Tiffany Legacy band which I absolutely love. But I am not sure I''d really wear it alone. However, as others have mentioned, it would be fabulous stacked with another band or two. Even a plain band on either side would add more substance. I''d probably go for a 3mm band if I wanted to wear it alone.

Oh, and I think he should get what YOU want, not what he prefers.
1.gif
He always gets me what I want, but I always get his opinion aswell.
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results