shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a 2010 Mercedes GLK?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of purchasing, just wondering if the trunk space is too small. Might have to jump up to the M class ( little bigger). If anyone owns a 2010 GLK< I''d love to hear your thought on it? Thanks

beau13

Ideal_Rock
So..32 people drive this vehicle ..but nobody has any feedback??
32.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 7:48:40 AM
Author: beau13
32.gif

No. 32 people were curious about what your question was, read it, and didn''t know the answer.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2009 3:37:28 PM
Author:beau13
Thinking of purchasing, just wondering if the trunk space is too small. Might have to jump up to the M class ( little bigger). If anyone owns a 2010 GLK< I'd love to hear your thought on it? Thanks
I LOVE this car, but can't ever bring myself or persuade DH to buy it. A car would just continue to depreciate and depreciate and depreciate; and if it got damaged in any way, even if it got scratched, I think we would just die! We can't fathom ever spending our hard earned money on something like that. We drive an inexpensive car and that's just fine by us, LOL.

A diamond, however, is a different thing altogether, it's *forever*, right?!!
9.gif
BUT that's just *me* though!!
9.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:53:35 AM
Author: Phoenix

Thinking of purchasing, just wondering if the trunk space is too small. Might have to jump up to the M class ( little bigger). If anyone owns a 2010 GLK< I'd love to hear your thought on it? Thanks
I LOVE this car, but can't ever bring myself or persuade DH to buy it. A car would just continue to depreciate and depreciate and depreciate; and if it got damaged in any way, even if it got scratched, I think we would just die! We can't fathom ever spending our hard earned money on something like that. We drive an inexpensive car and that's just fine by us, LOL.

9.gif
9.gif
Thanks Phoenix..I appreciate the input. That's the thing about the GLK though..it's only about $42-$46000 (depending on the package). In US dollars..I'm sure a lot less! When I compare the Chev's or GM's (Taho, or Acadia..any of the mid size SUV's..they start about $59-65 000). I'd rather have the smooth ride of a luxury car for less!! I am just curious as to what others think about this particular model. The M class SUV's are pricier..but a bit bigger. If anyone has one of those...I'd love to hear feedback on it as well! Thanks
I've already got the plates picked out..(KIMZ BENZ), now I just need the vehicle!
31.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is this car made in Germany?

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:22:40 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Um..are you trying to be funny DF? You seriously don't know where Mercedes Benz are made??
33.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz
(some light reading for you DF
28.gif
)

Origin~Germany
Now manufactured and assembled in various countries!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 8:13:19 AM
Author: Addy

Date: 2/2/2009 7:48:40 AM
32.gif

No. 32 people were curious about what your question was, read it, and didn''t know the answer.
Um..I was trying to be funny when I made this comment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 11:00:04 AM

Date: 2/2/2009 10:22:40 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
Um..are you trying to be funny DF? You seriously don''t know where Mercedes Benz are made??
33.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz
(some light reading for you DF
28.gif
)

Origin~Germany
Now manufactured and assembled in various countries!
beau...that''s what i mean. there''re some M class,C class models that are made outside of Germany.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..I'll be more than happy to be cruising down the highway in my Mercedes, regardless of where it is made! A luxury car is still a luxury car!!
3.gif

I don't think anyone will approach me and say "wow..nice car, by the way..where was it made?"..LOL

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau,

To answer your question.

My best friends husband is VP for Mercedes-Benz, here in the US. They both own MB cars and receive new ones every year. He loves that model. They are well built. I also own a MB, but mine is an earlier model. Great cars and yes the Germans do know how to build cars. HA!!!

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful cars but I don''t think they are built like they use to be, but maybe I am wrong? Runs and hides.
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 12:27:36 PM
Author: Skippy123
They are beautiful cars but I don''t think they are built like they use to be, but maybe I am wrong? Runs and hides.
3.gif
2nd. My husband and I were considering a Mercedes a while back and changed our minds after reading so many mixed reviews.

Beau, unless YOU yourself know a lot about motor engines, I''d pass on getting such a vehicle that could break down so easily leaving you stuck on the side of the road! I have a Subaru (which are suppose to be highly reliable) and have had it break down on me a few times and have put over $3,000 in repairs in just the last year and a half. Both the transmission and a head gasket needed fixing. Imagine the cost of repairing one of those in a Mercedes!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beau,

Check out all of your options. They have extended service contracts and wonderful Roadside Assistance Service.

If you have your heart set on you. Friends of ours have one and love it. It is up to you, what you really want.

hahaha Skippy: Yes, they are still built really well.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 11:51:23 AM
Author: Linda W
Beau,

To answer your question.

My best friends husband is VP for Mercedes-Benz, here in the US. They both own MB cars and receive new ones every year. He loves that model. They are well built. I also own a MB, but mine is an earlier model. Great cars and yes the Germans do know how to build cars. HA!!!

Linda
Thanks Linda..good to hear from a Mercedes owner!!
I just started looking..so the Lexus GX 470 and the BMW Suv are still contenders! I also like the Volkswagon Toureg..but hubby doesn''t!
I don''t care what it is..as long as it''s stylish, holds multiple hockey bags and luggage (we travel alot), fun to drive..the motor, parts..etc..I can let hubby worry about (when or if it ever needs repairing!)
31.gif

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Hi beau, the trunk is exactly as the BMW x3 [about 54 cu feet] but the real beauty of the car is the height, [much taller than the c's] fuel efficient. I'm a sedan kind of gal but the GLK would be def my second choice, specially at $30,000 out the door w/this economy...why not.
3.gif
Most models aren't made 100% in germany, I know S series are made part Germany, Cairo and Mexico, no biggie, good luck.
Lexus is another beauty, the trunk is larger than BMW/GLK, easy to resell, my SIL won't buy another BMW ever....big time lemon.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 1:37:37 PM

Date: 2/2/2009 11:51:23 AM
Author: Linda W
Beau,

To answer your question.

Linda
Thanks Linda..good to hear from a Mercedes owner!!
I just started looking..so the Lexus GX 470 and the BMW Suv are still contenders! I also like the Volkswagon Toureg..but hubby doesn't!
I don't care what it is..as long as it's stylish, holds multiple hockey bags and luggage (we travel alot), fun to drive..the motor, parts..etc..I can let hubby worry about (when or if it ever needs repairing!)
31.gif
IMO....no brainer !! check the consumer report.
2.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Beau! I have the Mercedes ML500 and I love most everything about it with one BIG exception.

Soon after we bought it, the brakes started squeaking horribly. The dealer keeps telling us that this is "normal". The noise is awful! It sounds like I don''t take care of my car and I''m driving an unsafe piece of cr@p!

I''ve spoken with a bunch of other ML owners and most of them have the same problem. My husband is very savvy when it comes to vehicle maintenance and he can''t fix it either. He found an online forum where ML owners have been experiencing the same thing. All said the dealer told them it was normal for the brakes to sound like that.

Even if they''ve fixed the problem, I still have a huge problem with Mercedes. It ticks me off that they think its "normal" for a $60,000 vehicle to sound like a hunk of junk!

Before the ML, I had a BMW X5 and LOVED it!!!! My next vehicle will either be the X5 or X3.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your say Luvmyhalo. I will be looking into the BMW X5...that is good to know..about the brakes.
None of my friends drive any sort of luxury vehicle, so I can't ask them. I might ask about the brakes, and if there are alot of complaints, when I go back to the dealer for the test drive. I wonder if this problem exists only with the M class..perhaps not the GLK?
33.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
beau

google opinions on the vehicles you are looking at.

love reading opinions online before buying something large or visiting a hotel, etc...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Check the BMW X3, too. Also, buy a Consumer Reports membership and research all the cars you are interested in. I''ve thought about the GLK and the M, but, I think it is a wee bit too small for my kids and their stuff. I keep thinking I''ll downsive my bus...In a few years when my oldest starts driving...Maybe. And then I think of the environmental impact if I didn''t cart around so many of my kids'' friends and their parents actually had to drive them!
28.gif
Haha!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Have you considered an Infiniti FX ? I took one for a test drive and it was awesome. I currently have an infiniti G37 coupe, and I love it. Their vehicles are pretty well priced, and they drive like a dream. I have only had my car for a year or so, but I have driven across Canada 3 times now and have never had a single problem.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Beau, I was at the Mercedes dealership the other day and I took a look at the GLK. I think you mentioned road trips and multiple hockey bags - if this is the case, I doubt that you''ll find it big enough. it''s kind of on the small side.

We had a Lexus LX470 (I wrecked it) and it was a pretty awesome car. More than enough room and we never had any issues with it.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Bloomberg.com has an article on the GLK. Here is the link.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
I will say this for Mercedes, they build a safe car.
3 months after I got my first MB
23.gif
I was hit by this nut at 45 miles per an hour...causing $30,000 of damage to the car with her mini van.

Some drawbacks:

-It took 3 months to get all the parts from Germany (it came piece by piece)....it was a small nightmare to drive a rental for 3 months.
-Customer service is horrible.
-For a luxury car the people treat you in the store I wernt to like you are buying a $200.00 car...there was nothing luxurious about it....I live in Chicago.

Good things:

-I walked out with no broken bones and came out in one piece...8 weeks of physical therepy but I walked away.
-No issues with the car since the accident but I will be giving it up next year....except the oil light keep on comiing up which is annoying.

I am fortunate to have a good paying job in this economy and I will not be buying a Mercedes Benz as my next car...just because the customer service is so poor at thier stores and on the phone and thier maintinece people are like the sleeziest salesman you have ever met. I am looking at the BMW it is a sportier car.:)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
My husband is in the auto industry. We drive a different car every week, so lots of experience with different models/makes and my pick would be the Lexus hands down. Hubby says he would never buy a MB because they tend to end up in the shop very often and when they do the parts/labor on repairs are expensive and can often take a long time to get the part in, so you might be out of a car for a while if you have a breakdown. If you do end up with a MB, I would def. have a good roadside assistance program in place.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
just a thought...if you are considering the X5 as well, i think that would be a great buy because of the warranty program that they have. i USED to own a BMW, but not anymore. and the thing that i loved most was when my car was acting up, i made 1 call to the dealer, and the next day, they were servicing my car. oil changes and everything is included in the service warranty, which if i remember correctly is 4 years or so or 50,000 miles. i miss my BMW.
but good luck on what ever car you pick, and keep us posted!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:29:36 AM

9.gif
9.gif
Thanks Phoenix..I appreciate the input. That's the thing about the GLK though..it's only about $42-$46000 (depending on the package). In US dollars..I'm sure a lot less! When I compare the Chev's or GM's (Taho, or Acadia..any of the mid size SUV's..they start about $59-65 000). I'd rather have the smooth ride of a luxury car for less!! I am just curious as to what others think about this particular model. The M class SUV's are pricier..but a bit bigger. If anyone has one of those...I'd love to hear feedback on it as well! Thanks
I've already got the plates picked out..(KIMZ BENZ), now I just need the vehicle!
31.gif
At where Phoenix and I live, the prices of cars are atrocious. If they are in the US40K price range, it would have been all snapped up here. I don't know the price here, our family car is a volvo S60 and it approx USD80K here. I reckon that the MB would be approx or close to twice of that.

ETA that the volvo SUV is approx USD113K here.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 9:29:36 AM

9.gif
9.gif

31.gif

That's rationalizing. I've bought an Audi brand new. The fact that it wasn't a $59,000 GM SUV (btw, your figures are a little off) has nothing to do with it 7 years down the road when it's worth less than a Honda Civic because nobody in their right mind is willing to take a risk on the maintenance costs of a used German luxury car.

If you want this vehicle, get it. But don't fool yourself into thinking it's some kind of wise financial decision. It isn't. You can get dependable used transportation for $7,000. THAT'S what you're really turning down when you buy a vehicle like this.

You'll enjoy it (if you're anything like me-- I LOVED my Audi) but don't fool yourself into thinking it's going to be some kind of bargain. It's going to SUCK money out of your pocket BOTH in depreciation and maintenance. If you buy this, expect it to be worth nothing one day. Such is life.

I'm not saying don't do it. I'm saying you shouldn't rationalize it. It doesn't help you find happiness if you do and people with "real world" experience with cars can spot that a mile away, and if they don't tell you what I'm telling you, they're thinking it.

Stay safe.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
puffy, I miss my Audi. 2001 A6 2.8q, black, grey leather. Was it ever a beautiful car and driving it was a dream. I would SO buy an Audi or BMW before a Mercedes, but that's just me. Mine was perfect (it never broke down, it never failed to start) until the transmission suffered catastrophic failure. Sigh.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results