shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a 2010 Mercedes GLK?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 12:34:34 PM
Author: MC

Date: 2/2/2009 12:27:36 PM
Author: Skippy123
They are beautiful cars but I don''t think they are built like they use to be, but maybe I am wrong? Runs and hides.
3.gif
2nd. My husband and I were considering a Mercedes a while back and changed our minds after reading so many mixed reviews.

Beau, unless YOU yourself know a lot about motor engines, I''d pass on getting such a vehicle that could break down so easily leaving you stuck on the side of the road! I have a Subaru (which are suppose to be highly reliable) and have had it break down on me a few times and have put over $3,000 in repairs in just the last year and a half. Both the transmission and a head gasket needed fixing. Imagine the cost of repairing one of those in a Mercedes!
I second what MC says... I also have a Subaru and I don''t even want to go back and total up what I''ve spent in repairs. -- the latest is the head gasket as well and very expensive to fix.
The one thing that I hear time and time again from Benz owners is the cost of repairs. I personallly think you could get a great luxury car for less but if price is of no concern then I don''t see an issue.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Funny it sounds like we're looking at the same cars. So far I've driven the Lexus GX, Lexus LX
30.gif
, the GLK diesel, and the Audi Q7. Out ouf all of them I enjoyed driving the Audi the best. Loved the look of the LX the best, and the size of the GLK. So... I guess I'm no help! LOL

DF... Gesh I'm starting to understand you!
6.gif
LOL I get why you asked about where it's made. It's my understanding that the only ones really made in Germany anymore are the G wagons. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe they are the only ones handmade in Germany now.
33.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 1:01:24 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Funny it sounds like we''re looking at the same cars. So far I''ve driven the Lexus GX, Lexus LX
30.gif
, the GLK diesel, and the Audi Q7. Out ouf all of them I enjoyed driving the Audi the best. Loved the look of the LX the best, and the size of the GLK. So... I guess I''m no help! LOL

DF... Gesh I''m starting to understand you!
6.gif
LOL I get why you asked about where it''s made. It''s my understanding that the only ones really made in Germany anymore are the G wagons. I could be totally wrong though. Maybe they are the only ones handmade in Germany now.
33.gif
the more expensive Benz/BMW models are still made in Germany. Lexus LX,GX models are still made in Japan,i have seen Lexus RX that are made in Canada. check the VIN # if it starts with a G = made in Germany,if it starts with a J = made in Japan.

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
I know the M Benz SUV''s go through tires about every 10-15k miles. If you''re prepared to spend $1k every 10-15k miles for tires, then have at it. Previously working in the automotive industry is a beautiful thing. I took away a lot of knowledge.

Oh, and by the way, there can be a big difference in what a car feels like by where it was made. I know my Mexico made VW is far less superior to the German made ones I have had in the past - transmissions and all.

But, yet again, thats just my $.02.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Beau --

I know nothink about Mercedeses, but I had to chime in to say... I like your new avatar, but I miss your old one!

Back to the discussion at hand.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I have the earlier model BMW X3 2004 and love it! It''s reaching 95,000 miles and I would love to keep it for another 4 years. I believe in using cars until they can''t go anymore. I can only imagine the newer model is better. BMW service warranty is a dream. They can usually get it in the shop the next day and give you a loaner for that day. Easy breezy. My only complaint is that the back seat doesn''t fold down flat, therefore you can''t put furniture in it. But how often do you need to do that?
Good luck with your search!

sparkleshine10

Rough_Rock
well, my neighbor has the 2010 mercedes glk and honestly? it looks like a subaru forester plus he constantly has the merc in the shop - save your money honey for diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results