shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone has five stone ring of OMC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I love to see how it would look. Thanks in advance.
35.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. Five old european cut stones totalling 1.61 carats in custom yellow gold mounting made by Wink Jones.

fivestoneavataraslgkjawet.JPG

oneandahalfrock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 7:02:08 PM
Author: Upgradable
Here is mine. Five old european cut stones totalling 1.61 carats in custom yellow gold mounting made by Wink Jones.
Wow- how hard was it to find uniform stones? It seems like that patterns on OECs tend to vary some from one stone to the next.
Very pretty!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
They''re actually closer to transitional cuts, so the patterns are pretty consistent. The colors however, range from G to J, although you cannot tell from looking at it.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Gosh thats beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous
30.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful - do you have hand shots of that ring? It''s gorgeous!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Thats absolutely gorgeous. I love the setting as well. Where do you get the stones from? Are they all from the same vendor? I am soooo curious.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 5 stone OEC ring (this is a vendor pic)

5stone17711.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
neatfreak -WOW!!

can you give us some stats on that baby? and where did you source the stones??

WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:19:09 AM
Author: whitby_2773
neatfreak -WOW!!

can you give us some stats on that baby? and where did you source the stones??

WOW!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks Whitby-I am pretty smitten too. I am actually going to reset the stones for our anniversary this year as I don''t love the setting.

The entire ring was actually an ebay find that I bought really only for the stones (it was a fair price even for just the stones). It''s about 1.50 CTW and the stones have no visible inclusions and are VERY white but I don''t know exactly because I haven''t had it formally appraised. It was sold to me as G VS and I would certainly believe it is at least that.

I just couldn''t resist when I saw all the rainbows these stones throw off-and they did not disappoint.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks neatfreak :)

just love it! can''t wait to see what you do with it!

gorgeous :)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Thank you for posting your pictures ladies. I am not familiar with OMC or OEC before. They are actually such a gorgeous stones. Is there anyone who couple their RB e-ring with a five stone OMC/OEC w-band?

Is there any diff between OMC and OEC or are these terms go together?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings Upgradable & NF!!!

I''ve started hunting on eBay for a ring with older cuts, but am still paranoid to take the plunge!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 2:31:53 PM
Author: joelly
Wow!!! Thank you for posting your pictures ladies. I am not familiar with OMC or OEC before. They are actually such a gorgeous stones. Is there anyone who couple their RB e-ring with a five stone OMC/OEC w-band?

OMC's are a cushion shape. OEC's are rounds. Both have the chunkier faceting and open culets.

The OMC is the older of the styles and the OEC is a development of them.

Upgradeable and NF--those rings are lovely!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 6:44:25 PM
Author: jet2ks

Date: 7/5/2009 2:31:53 PM
Author: joelly

OMC''s are a cushion shape. OEC''s are rounds. Both have the chunkier faceting and open culets.

The OMC is the older of the styles and the OEC is a development of them.

Upgradeable and NF--those rings are lovely!
Thank you for the clarification jet2ks.

Upgradeable and neatfreaks - your rings are both beautiful.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
This is my wedding ring, I don''t know much about it''s history, but I have been told it''s probably late Victorian. It''s the original setting, it''s just over 1 ctw, the stones are slightly graduated, and I know they are G-H, not sure of the clarity.

wrflower.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 6:50:41 AM
Author: MishB
This is my wedding ring, I don''t know much about it''s history, but I have been told it''s probably late Victorian. It''s the original setting, it''s just over 1 ctw, the stones are slightly graduated, and I know they are G-H, not sure of the clarity.
Wow!!! Thats icy! Thanks for sharing.

I like the GOG OMCs. Wonder if it comes in little stones, enough to make 5 stone band. I''m fond of the rainbow these old cuts throws.
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:50:41 AM
Author: MishB
MishB- That is a gorgeous ring, the prongs on those are also unique, do you have a thread on this ring by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results