shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone had a custom setting done by James Allen?

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
I'm just starting the process of having a custom setting made. I contacted BE and DK within the past few days but haven't heard anything from either of them yet. I'm thinking of looking into going with James Allen since they have such awesome customer service, but I know custom settings isn't exactly the work they are known for. Anyone had a positive or negative experience going custom with them? Or if you used BE or DK, did you have a long wait to hear back from them? Thanks!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe while you're waiting for personal experiences search the archives for "James Allen setting" or "James Allen custom setting" and see what you come up with. :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying the stone from them or do you have your own stone? They only do custom for their own stones. :(

Edit ... I am having them reset my pear as we speak but it's not a custom setting. I did asked about a setting that they
had posted with a large pear but they would not do it for me because I have my own stone. It was a pretty basket setting.

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
JDDN|1456244508|3994441 said:
Maybe while you're waiting for personal experiences search the archives for "James Allen setting" or "James Allen custom setting" and see what you come up with. :wavey:

Yes, good idea! Thanks! Funny, the first two things to come up were posts from this thread. But there were some others that were helpful.

sassy_pants

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1456251243|3994478 said:
Are you buying the stone from them or do you have your own stone? They only do custom for their own stones. :(

Edit ... I am having them reset my pear as we speak but it's not a custom setting. I did asked about a setting that they
had posted with a large pear but they would not do it for me because I have my own stone. It was a pretty basket setting.

Oh, I never thought about that! No, I'm not buying the stone from them. This is for a reset of my original engagement diamond. Hmmm. Well, that's a bummer. Thanks for mentioning it. I ordered one of their stock settings with a gem stone so I could see it in person before taking the plunge with my own diamond, and it was really beautiful, but not quite perfect for what I wanted. I would want to make a few tweaks, slightly wider band, stone set up higher, adding some other detail. The only reason I thought to go with them is because their stock setting already has 90% of the design I want. Also, I'm getting impatient waiting to hear something from BE or DK. Maybe this is a normal delay, but I'm just very excited about getting started. For anyone who has used them, did you reach out via their website form/email or call them? I'm wondering if a call would work better. Or maybe neither of them has interest in the design I'm looking for. Probably just me being impatient. No one has ever accused me of being patient, that's for sure!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started working with DK but it was taking forever to get what I thought were minor changes made to the CAD. Last CADS I got back took two weeks. I sort of gave up. I think you will have to be very patient if you want to work with him (at least from my experience ). He does do beautiful work though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results