shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone got a K?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have a picture of a K asscher or emerald? I have seen K rounds and I''m fine with them. Just wondering if the warmth would be more apparent in a step cut?

I found a really great deal on a K asscher, I''m most likely going to be going to look at it but in the meantime, anyone have pictures? It''s crazy how just going from J-K lowers the price so dramatically.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warmth is much more apparent in a step cut IMO. Can you see it in person first?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI!
It''s true- there''s a huge difference in price as you go down the color scale.
This stone was graded K by an EGL somewhere...I feel it''s an M- but you get the idea!

r2464f.JPG

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Oh I definitely will be seeing it before I purchase. It''s very important to me to see it before I buy. This thread was just to sort of satisfy my curiosity for a while and get some opinions since I can''t get up to see it for a few days.

Rockdiamond: Wow, that''s a K? An M in your opinion? That''s crazy.. I must be colorblind. If that''s a good example of a K asscher, I think I will be absolutely fine with it. That looks stunning to me!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 6:35:18 PM
Author: Feralpenchant

Rockdiamond: Wow, that''s a K? An M in your opinion? That''s crazy.. I must be colorblind. If that''s a good example of a K asscher, I think I will be absolutely fine with it. That looks stunning to me!

It''s important to note that RD has a very unique light setup as well...so it''s going to look different in person...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For comparison- a properly ( GIA ) graded J color

r2873e.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen a 4 carat J Royal Asscher and it was warm. I liked it a lot though. Not that you asked, but personally I think if you go with apparent warmth you should do a setting that fits the warmth. Unplated white gold looks yummy with warmer stones. Just a plain solitaire, but in unplated WG with milgrain would be amazing to make it all work together.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for pointing that out neatfreak!
Feralpenchant: remember that any photo of a diamond is kinda different than a real diamond- it's a representation
But these photos do give you the idea!
We've got thousand and thousands of folks out there who've used my photos to purchase- and we've sold quite a few Asschers and emeralds in the lower color ranges.
I think you'll be fine!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy, the setting I want to end up with will be a more antique setting that I think will fit a warmer stone just fine. But for right now, I''m gonna have to go with a plain solitaire due to money constraints. I like the idea of unplated WG, ever since I saw Coati''s ring. Yummy.

Is it extra to get an unplated WG solitaire? Or do they just not plate it before setting your stone. Furthermore.. I''m not sure if I''m familiar with anyone who will make an unplated WG solitaire. Any suggestions?

I feel like I even prefer a little warmth in my diamonds.. Looking at the J vs the "M" that RockDiamond posted.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 6:50:29 PM
Author: Rockdiamond
Thanks for pointing that out neatfreak!

Feralpenchant: remember that any photo of a diamond is kinda different than a real diamond- it''s a representation

But these photos do give you the idea!

We''ve got thousand and thousands of folks out there who''ve used my photos to purchase- and we''ve sold quite a few Asschers and emeralds in the lower color ranges.

I think you''ll be fine!

TY! I really appreciate the images you posted. I think a K will be awesome and my budget really loves the K''s
1.gif

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You''re welcome Feralpenchant!
No worries about the unplated part either.
Rhodium plating is done after the piece is done, and actually cost extra( although very little)
Skipping this step should be no problem and cost nothing.

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
If I buy the stone in one place, and buy the setting from, say, James Allen, do I send the stone to JA to be set? Or would I have to have it set locally?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always heard that color is much more apparent in step cuts, but that doesn''t have to be a bad thing. If you like some warmth in your stones, it could be great! I think that first one posted is really beautiful. I also know that emeraldlover''s J seems white as can be. Maybe it''s different IRL, but I know I''ve seen I/J emeralds even in mall stores that I thought looked pretty white. I must be colorblind too!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/6/2009 9:19:30 PM
Author: Kelli
I''ve always heard that color is much more apparent in step cuts......
Keli- I''ve heard that as well- but I see it as somewhat of an "urban legend"

I can see the subtle differences between the colors, yet many of the K-L-M color step cuts I''ve seen didn''t really "transmit" that color in the face up position.

In some ways I feel that step cuts actually transmit less color than a brilliant faceted diamond...... but there''s a lot of factors involved- generalizations don''t really work.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results