shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone getting the Leon/WF lotus setting?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting! Not my style, but sure is gorgeous.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I was surprised when I met Leon - I also imagined him as an older gentleman. He is young and energetic.

caroleena

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The Leon lotus certainly does have it''s own charm, and it looks like it is meticulously crafted ...but it does come with a hefty price tag!

I''m personally in love with Sally''s lotus ring design (and it seems like quite a few PSers own it!).
So I''d like to get everyone''s input on what style they like more:
Link to Poll

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While it''s a pretty ring, $4000.- for .14 pts of diamonds (plus the weight of four tiny pink diamonds) seems to be pretty outrageous to me. Basically this ring is a fishtail pave'' band with a different head
33.gif
. And the matching Lotus band is just a fishtail pave'' band.

I would personally prefer to pay for materials, than for someone''s name. Give me nice sized diamonds in the mounting and I''m there with checkbook in hand. This whole micro pave'' trend has gone too far. The manufacturers'' have to be laughing their pants off at giving people next to nothing (diamond weight wise) but charging through the roof prices.

I definitely agree with TG. You can go custom for this price, and I think it would probably cost less.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have seen it in person and it is gorgeous and very delicate. The pictures do not do it justice. One of the things mentioned on the website is that there is also a complimentary set of studs with purchase, not sure if that is for e-ring only or e-ring and w-band set, but WF threw that in as an incentive due to the price tag.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly if I could only have one lotus setting, I''d stick with Sally''s. I just have a general obsession with lotuses (I even had a pair hand sewn to my wedding dress), so basically any lovely lotus design will win my heart!

It actually didn''t occur to me it might be a rip off because I''ve seen many lotus rings that look similar with a similar 4 prong orientation. But then again, I also seek out lotus-inspired jewelery.

Anyways, I don''t think Sally is in danger of losing much work to Leon''s new design given the 4k pricetag, so I hope she isn''t losing too much sleep over it.
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 8:44:21 AM
Author: gemgirl
While it''s a pretty ring, $4000.- for .14 pts of diamonds (plus the weight of four tiny pink diamonds) seems to be pretty outrageous to me. Basically this ring is a fishtail pave'' band with a different head
33.gif

I would personally prefer to pay for materials, than for someone''s name. Give me nice sized diamonds in the mounting and I''m there with checkbook in hand. This whole micro pave'' trend has gone too far. The manufacturers'' have to be laughing their pants off at giving people next to nothing (diamond weight wise) but charging through the roof prices.

I definitely agree with TG. You can go custom for this price, and I think it would probably cost less.

agree with everything gemgirl!
This is just what struck me when first seeing this setting (as well as the tiny tdw for the $, it will also be a minimal gold weight).

I also second the question was this an answer to the popularity on PS (and beyond) of Sally''s lotus signature setting..?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2010 10:03:37 AM
Author: arjunajane

Date: 5/4/2010 8:44:21 AM
Author: gemgirl
33.gif

agree with everything gemgirl!
This is just what struck me when first seeing this setting (as well as the tiny tdw for the $, it will also be a minimal gold weight).

I also second the question was this an answer to the popularity on PS (and beyond) of Sally''s lotus signature setting..?
Hey AJ
35.gif
!!

Your gorgeous new sapphire ring is a *perfect* example of gorgeousness (my own word) at a reasonable price. That ring has significant weight in platinum, and .30 pts of F/G VS diamonds for only six stones.
Nice, big, sparkly five pointers! That''s right up my alley. I believe, just my humble opinion, you really got a good value for what you paid for it AND it was an original/custom design to boot.

Some of us are just not micro pave'' chicks
5.gif
, and frankly, as far as having someone''s name inside my ring?
Heck, I''d prefer to put my own initials inside my ring, along with the initials of the lovely jeweler or company who made it for me :).

I think you''re probably right about Sally''s lotus design in that she brought into popularity. I definitely think she started something, but then again when WF was creating my *custom* five stone, they told me that almost nothing that''s produced, even our so called custom designs, are really original. We may take parts and pieces (design aspects) from other pieces and create what we *think* is a custom design, it''s all mostly likely been done before somewhere by somebody.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That really is a beautiful combination. Love the color!

Crossing

Rough_Rock
When I first encountered this thread and saw the video of the Lotus rings, I fell in love with its WB as I was looking for one. I wanted to see more close-up photos of the band but all I could see on Whiteflash website was the one with its e-ring lying flat, from which you could only see the ring''s side shank. So here are more pics I got directly from Sheerah of WF for those interested like me. :)

wfleon1.jpg

Crossing

Rough_Rock

wfleon2.jpg

Crossing

Rough_Rock

wfleon4.jpg

Crossing

Rough_Rock

wfleon3.jpg

1) WOW Leon does not look anything like I thought he would (old, gray, and crabby)

2) It''s a lovely ring

3) I just can''t justify $4k on just a setting with diamonds that are so small...

2) It''s very lovely though
5.gif

Crossing

Rough_Rock
I was having difficulty resizing pics in a consistent way. Sorry....

wfleon5.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
thanks Crossing for popping up the wedding band pics - I was about to write to WF and ask for those myself
9.gif

I am shopping around for a 1.8mm to 2mm eternity and I kind of like the detail on the side

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 1:51:35 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I love the setting and think it would be a great rhr, but wish it was white gold.. I''m just not a fan of platinum.
littlebashfulguy.gif

Why not, SD Lady? (Sorry to hijack ~ just curious.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think those of you who thought Leon was old have not read enough threads with his.. um... outrageous sense of humour on display
2.gif
To me, only a young man could make "jokes" like he makes.

I really love fishtail pave.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Leon was trying to sell me on this yesterday but it just doesn''t make my heart sing. I think it looks great with a colored stone though, but I can''t fathom spending that much on a colored stone setting unless it was a fine ruby.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know how Leon feels about the Lotus ring and wedding band being worn together? He told me he recommended against any of his rings being worn together (I was asking about a bed set band to go with a solitaire). After seeing the 2, it just made me wonder.

I do like that wedding band.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 7:52:59 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Does anyone know how Leon feels about the Lotus ring and wedding band being worn together? He told me he recommended against any of his rings being worn together (I was asking about a bed set band to go with a solitaire). After seeing the 2, it just made me wonder.

I do like that wedding band.
I would think he'd caution not to. Especially because the setting has diamonds on the side.
32.gif
Major scratching!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results