shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone for a Hauyne

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Ok so my husband got me some loose stones for mothers day and here is what came of them

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hauyne has quite a following on the forum. Even though it is soft and terrible to set, the blue is just wonderful.

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
It is a 6X3mm marquise Hauyne that weighs 0.21 carats with 0.10 carats diamonds

P1010200.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Here is another pic this one is taken indoors under lowlight incandescent

P1010205.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
another outdoor photo

P1010212.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
last one of just the Hauyne

P1010214.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
He also got me a couple of Benitoites and here is what came of them. The Benitoites weigh 0.47 carats total and the diamond weighs 0.02 carats

P1010211.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
And here are both of my new pendants together. I should also point out that they were custom made by Shaftel Diamond Co. in Houston.

P1010207.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the Hayune! If you don''t mind my asking, who did you get it from?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
ohh weee..sweet stones..lovin'' me some of that blue..nice presents for Mother day..very nice selection

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi crasru, I asked my husband if he remembers where he got the Hauyne and of course just like a man he doesn''t. So I showed him the website www.kox-gems.com and he says that website looks very familiar to him. My husband thinks he might still have the vendors business card at his office, the vendor put his business card and 2 free small Hauynes that weigh 0.07 carats in the package with my stone. My husband says he will see if he can locate the business card tomorrow and if he does I will certainly post the info for you.

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks amethystguy, you certainly won''t hear me complaining about this mothers day present. He did good.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I love the color.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Hauyne and benitoite...he sure picks rare ones, doesn''t he?

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
The hauyne is such a gorgeous blue. Wow! I love what you have done with both materials. Congratulations, your pieces are lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hayune puts most blue sapphires to shame. Enjoy your wonderful pieces of jewellery.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very nice and rare stones. Did you tell him you wanted these or did he come up with hauyne and benitoite on his own? I love the design of the benitoite pendant.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MG,
Those are lovely pieces. I think that's the first time I've ever seen hauyne used in a piece of gold jewelry on Pricescope!! I know Rockhugger bought a bunch of small rough crystals, and put them in a glass pendant. It's nice to see people using hauyne in this forum for jewelry. Although they are typically small, the color really packs a punch. The benitoite are nice too. Great designs and both pieces are very elegant.

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
LD, I keep a list of gemstones that I want on my laptop and the Hauyne happened to be at #1 and Benitoite was #2, so as much as I don''t want to take anything away from my husband he did have a peek at my list.

TL, I couldn''t possibly have such a beautiful gemstone and leave it just sitting in a gem box never to be seen. I have read where some experts don''t suggest setting Hauyne because it is so soft but I had to have it set and will only bring it out on special occasions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results