shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone feeling snarky???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I figure tense brides can always use giggles, so what is the tackiest, funniest, scariest, or otherwise most amusing thing you''ve ever seen at a wedding? i''m aiming less for "aw, that''s so sad" and more for "wow...you just can''t help but laugh at that one!" so anybody got any fun ones?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
At my friend's wedding, her MIL lead all of the guests in an interpretive dance.

Then we were invited to conjur a great roar within us to wish them 'the happiness of the seeeeaaaaa! the happiness of the staaaaaars!'

23.gif
32.gif

We were out in the woods by the way. Very, uh, earthy.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and at the same wedding, we were invited to bring rocks from our home areas and to imbue them with our wishes and sentiments for the bride and groom and place them in a basket. Now, it''s my understanding that this is what Jews do when they visit their loved ones graves (bring stone and place them on the grave). My friend is not Jewish, but some of her guests were. Let''s just say they were weirded out.

33.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Okay....you asked for snarky! Don''t flame me!

I went to a wedding last week, and the receptions was held at a bar.
When we went to pick up our program at the ceremony, we saw that the lady was asking everyone if they knew how to get to the pub.

When we made our way to the reception, it was in one room, separated from the rest of the bar by a curtain. The bar''s music was BLASTING. Everyone had to pay for their own drinks and food (as in bar food). There were about 80 guests.

The groom is a DJ, and although they had hired a DJ for the reception, the groom would NOT let him to do his job. I''m not exaggerating when I say that he probably spent 65% of his time on the mic.

I felt bad for the bride more than anything, but it actually looked like she was enjoying herself! Still, I could tell some of the older folks were terrified.

Now....the WORSE thing I saw at that wedding came from a couple of guys who showed up to the reception (but skipped the ceremony...I hate that!!!).
One of them was very, um, flamboyant--to say the least. And the two of them spent the whole reception sitting outside and smoking cigarettes. Right in from of the entrance. Worse though, is that whenever a woman (didn''t matter if she was 18 or 79) walked by, he would tell her how gorgeous she looked. Then he''d wait until she was about 5 feet away and yell "you''re NAaaaSTY!!)
23.gif
29.gif

On top of that, although the reception was at a bar, the room we were all in had a private entrance that they decorated with these huge white balloons that light up. Rude dude went around to all the balloons and popped them with his cigarette. He said they were annoying him....that they were like mosquitos.
38.gif

This guy is the roomate of one of my FI''s friends. It was the second time I met him. We''re having a "welcome home bbq" when we get back from Jamaica and we invited the friend. I''m soooooo scared he''s going to bring along rude dude. Rude dude didn''t even know the bride and groom!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any bets on how long it will take for this thread to go downhill?
20.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 4:51:24 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Oh, and at the same wedding, we were invited to bring rocks from our home areas and to imbue them with our wishes and sentiments for the bride and groom and place them in a basket. Now, it's my understanding that this is what Jews do when they visit their loved ones graves (bring stone and place them on the grave). My friend is not Jewish, but some of her guests were. Let's just say they were weirded out.

33.gif

I just had to get up and shut my office door, from laughing out loud. I understand the customs, but the mental picture I get is the mom from Meet the Fockers dancing around a campfire!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 5:08:17 PM
Author: TravelingGal
20.gif
I'm guessing about a week... I just don't want a wanderer to come onto PS and then go back to their normal boards and say the things we were saying about The Knot. Lets try and keep this less bashing and more light hearted.
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 5:18:05 PM
Author: meresal

20.gif
I''m guessing about a week... I just don''t want a wanderer to come onto PS and then go back to their normal boards and say the things we were saying about The Knot. Lets try and keep this less bashing and more light hearted.
2.gif
Guess I was feeling snarky.
41.gif
Carry on...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 5:22:01 PM

Date: 6/13/2008 5:18:05 PM
Author: meresal

20.gif
I''m guessing about a week... I just don''t want a wanderer to come onto PS and then go back to their normal boards and say the things we were saying about The Knot. Lets try and keep this less bashing and more light hearted.
2.gif
Guess I was feeling snarky.
41.gif
Carry on...

I''ve been here long enough that you don''t have to look far to find the 7 page threads that drag on forever, bc at least one person was offended along the way. The Knot is a huge place, but around here we know eachother pretty well. I don''t think anyone here could ever be that hurtful. Snark on!!
2.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
lol..I guess mine wasn''t "fun".
I saw the word snarky and felt like having a field day. Oh well!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal-you definitely have a point, which is why i tried to emphasize that the posts be more of the silly or outrageous and less um...feisty?
2.gif
my thinking is that PSers are just FAAAAR too fabulous to behave like some of those other boards.
3.gif
9.gif

i heard about a wedding held at disney world where someone was wearing a huge set of mickey mouse hands and booty dancing with mickey mouse (as in THE mickey mouse in the full costume). the story was hilarious enough of a visual that i felt inspired!

hmm...considering my group of friends, i may have to bump this thread after my wedding to share some of the craziness, haha.

the wackiest thing i''ve seen at a wedding was my FI''s best friend''s a few weeks ago. the couple consists of an english professor and a computer tech., both of whom are completely unabashedly dorky in the best way. their final dance of the reception? Weird Al''s "White and Nerdy". it''s the only time i''ve ever seen the groom do the running man whilst the bride did the sprinkler--GREAT pictures taken of that one, and it fit them so well.

indy--that one made me laugh out loud. my FI''s mom is a bit hippy dippy herself, so i can''t wait for him to get home so i can read your post to him. i know he''ll be amused!
9.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
luckystar--you reminded me of something else. i know someone who wanted to have their reception at a local bar, which wouldn''t be that bad an idea except that the bar they picked is decorated with dozens of pictures of nude women in various crazy positions--i mentioned that, and she was like, "oh yeah--forgot about those" but imagining how her 90 year old grandmother would''ve reacted always cracks me up

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
A funny (not snarky) one here: At my cousin''s wedding, everyone readied for the bouquet toss, but when she tossed it, it went more straight up in the air, hit a low-exposed-beam above here, and came crashing directly to the ground. Some of the girls still rushed to it, and it ended up perfectly fine, but it was amusing.

Slightly more snarky (Gypsy and AmberGretchen will attest that I am MUCH less snarky on PS than I am in real life) was another bridal bouquet toss related one at friend''s wedding. The evening was wearing on, and many of the guests (including the bride) were a bit tipsy at this point. It was also a relatively small wedding (maybe 50-60 ppl total). The DJ announced the bouquet toss by saying something like, "All you single ladies, time to get out there." But there is always a bit of confusion around the word ''single'' - I think most of the younger women in the room were at least in long term relationships. After a few minutes of nobody really coming forward, the bride marched herself up to the DJ booth, grabbed the mic, tossed back her veil and shouted, in the most ridiculous Massachusetts accent ever:

"OK EVERYONE, IF YOU AIN''T MARRIED, GET OHN DA DANCE FLOOH!!"

We got the message =)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
rockzilla, i never know what to do with that either!! if you''re engaged, are you supposed to go out there or not?
33.gif
at a friend''s wedding a few years ago, the bride tossed the bouquet, and had i stayed where i was, it had my name written on it, but i RAN from that thing, so my best friend wound up catching it instead. my now FI (we weren''t yet dating at the time) was the one who caught the garter, so any time anyone mentions that wedding, he always complains that it would''ve been me in the pictures with him if i hadn''t ran from it!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
doodle - that happened at my friend''s wedding as well. A girl caught the bouquet, and all of the guys conspired so that her BF would catch the garter (e.g. they would all run away when it was thrown) Turns out, he ran as well, and it ended up on the floor! One of the groomsmen ended up picking it up...

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
T-gal, I was thinking the same thing once I read doodle''s post.

Ok, so I''m no sure how to describe this one. I''d just never seen it done, so I raised an eyebrow. The MOH had a BM hold up a laptop for her to read her speech from. I just kept thinking how strange it looked to have a laptop at a wedding and asking myself why she couldn''t print out the speech.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Similar story as rockzilla that happened to FF at a wedding for a friend of his. The reception was in a tent, and the bride tossed the bouquet straight up and it hit the ceiling and fell 2 feet behind her. So she threw it again, but this time she line drived it toward the back and FF caught it. Ha!

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll add a couple "snarky"/funny tid-bits from my own wedding. I was out on the dance floor boogying with a little girl I used to babysit when she was an infant (she''s six years old now). My female cousin and her gay friend - the poor guy didn''t realize that my family is a black hole, and he was unwillingly adopted into our crazy clan - were jokingly bumping booties on the dance floor about five feet from us. The little girl looks at them, her jaw drops, and she turns to me and says: "they''re naaaauuuuughty!" with the most appalled expression. It was hysterical!
Oh, and I can’t forget the fact that the priest who married us (a monsignor, no less) was wearing black socks with black Birkenstock sandals not only at the ceremony but at the reception as well. Gotta love hippy priests. Haha!
3.gif

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Worst I saw was at a nice wedding--not super formal, but guys were in button down shirts, girls in sundresses, at least. Anyway, there was one guy wearing cut-off denim shorts and a tank top with something printed on it (can''t remember what). And I''m not just talking at the end of the night when most of the guys had stripped down to undershirts, this guy wore that to the church and everything! Yeah, it was bad.

The other funniest/tackiest thing involved cookies like these (crappy picture, but best I could find), only the faces and the grooms hands were done in flesh color icing. Now, think like a 25 year old guy with the mind of a 13 year old. All of these lovely cookies ended up in compromising positions all over the serving plate. (Ok, I admit, I thought it was funny too)

dirtycookies.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i don't know this bride but this is lmao and OMG at the same time -- i think someone posted it before somewhere on PS but it deserves another looksee

I-Reporter's wedding cake is a full-size likeness of herself
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/01/07/cake.irpt/

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
This isn''t at all snarky, and was actually quite funny. At a recent wedding I went to the groom decided to prank his bride during the garter removal. He had a bunch of goodies stuffed in his pockets, so he kept pretending to go for the garter and came out pretending to be confused by what was in his hand. First he came out with a mouse trap. Then a brightly colored GIGANTIC pair of panties (she''s an avid runner, size 0), which he proceeded to toss in the general direction of her father. Third time was the charm and he actually came out with the garter.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
that''s hilarious, ladyciel!

and for the record, laine, the cookie thing would''ve cracked me up, too!

as for that cake picture...i wonder how many people it fed! haha, i''m SUCH a nerd!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This could be a little snarky, but hopefully not grounds for causing this thread to go downhill:

DH and I attended the wedding of a couple who later became very good friends and neighbors of ours. The couple had been very vocal about their decision to stop having premarital sex for 6 months before they got married and apparently they stuck to it. After the reception was over, many of us "younger" people (at the time we were younger...this was 6 years ago) headed over to the hotel to continue the merry-making. The newlyweds announced to all of us that they would be going to their room to consummate the marriage because they couldn''t wait any longer (they were pretty inebriated so one had to wonder exactly how that went...), meanwhile we all gathered in one room and kept partying. 20 minutes later the bride and groom came to the room and re-joined the festivities, dressed in tux and wedding gown. I have to say I was a little weirded out by the whole thing, and there was a lot of snickering going on amongst the crowd. I guess in my opinion, it was one thing to excuse yourselves from your wedding reception and call it a night to go and enjoy being a married couple finally, but to come back to the party post-consummation when everyone knew exactly what you''d been doing was slightly on the strange side to me.

Offering a round of pie, whatever flavor suits you, in advance.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
ya know what, monarch? all weirdness aside, personally, i find it HIGHLY impressive that they could get in and out of formalwear that quickly, much less do anything else! it takes me 20 minutes just to get all the garment loops of my dress detached from the hanger!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 11:53:58 PM
Author: doodle
ya know what, monarch? all weirdness aside, personally, i find it HIGHLY impressive that they could get in and out of formalwear that quickly, much less do anything else! it takes me 20 minutes just to get all the garment loops of my dress detached from the hanger!
Hee hee, I just wonder if she even took off her dress at all...it was the princess/ballgown type so it''s entirely possible that the skirt just ended up over her head. LOL.
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monnie, I know! It is one thing to ASSUME what goes on when the bride and groom bid you farewell...(though sadly some couples do not consumate their marriages that night, it happens a lot I hear) and totally another to have them arrive back where you guys are with a gloating look on their faces.

And I was going to say it is unlikely she disrobed totally for the event...

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
ew, i hadn''t even thought of that! and i got a visual of mario and princess toadstool for some reason--shudder! guess that''s one dress that probably shouldn''t be passed down to future generations...

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 11:39:56 PM
Author: monarch64
This could be a little snarky, but hopefully not grounds for causing this thread to go downhill:

DH and I attended the wedding of a couple who later became very good friends and neighbors of ours. The couple had been very vocal about their decision to stop having premarital sex for 6 months before they got married and apparently they stuck to it. After the reception was over, many of us ''younger'' people (at the time we were younger...this was 6 years ago) headed over to the hotel to continue the merry-making. The newlyweds announced to all of us that they would be going to their room to consummate the marriage because they couldn''t wait any longer (they were pretty inebriated so one had to wonder exactly how that went...), meanwhile we all gathered in one room and kept partying. 20 minutes later the bride and groom came to the room and re-joined the festivities, dressed in tux and wedding gown. I have to say I was a little weirded out by the whole thing, and there was a lot of snickering going on amongst the crowd. I guess in my opinion, it was one thing to excuse yourselves from your wedding reception and call it a night to go and enjoy being a married couple finally, but to come back to the party post-consummation when everyone knew exactly what you''d been doing was slightly on the strange side to me.

Offering a round of pie, whatever flavor suits you, in advance.

TOO funny. I would not have been weirded out, I would have laughed and given the bride a fist bump, Obama style. Then I would have left to wash my hands...

I''m in a LDR, and 3 weeks makes me crazy... 6 mos?!?!!! I would have left, never to be seen again, but if that reception was expensive and coming out of pocket, I might have done the SAME THING, ha!

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I have to share this story. We went to a wedding for one of my FI''s coworkers. They had a Catholic ceremony. I was raised Catholic but my FI wasn''t so he relies on me to tell him when to sit, stand, kneel etc... There was a part in the ceremony where the priest was saying that a young woman is developed by the people in their family. He asked everyone who was close to the bride to stand up. My FI was about to stand when I yanked on his hand (we were sitting). I leaned over and explained that only family members were supposed to stand (I guess he wasn''t paying attention). I saved him from standing but at the reception all of his other co-workers noticed what happened and laughed at him. We kept hearing comments like, "I never knew that you guys were soo close to the bride.." I knew it was pretty embarrassing for my FI but I thought it was hilarious. :)

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The wedding hasn''t happend yet, but it will certainly be interesting. This is a conversation I actually had with my FSIL.
Me: So what have you done on your wedding?
FSIL: Well, We picked the colors and the theme is going to be sort of a winter palace.
Me: sounds lovely, do you have any specifics?
FSIL: Yes, the dress is going to be medievil and so are the attendents clothes. My bouquet is going to be blue roses.
Me: really, so a medievil ice palace?
FSIL: Oh Yes. Your FI will be one of the ushers and he will be dressed as a court jester and the cake is going to be a purple castle with a frosting dragon.
I don''t know her that well and thought she was pulling my leg but my FMIL who never jokes with me came over and confirmed it. My FI has not made a comment about being the jester but I think he has the same take as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results