shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone familiar with this white flash setting?

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Anyone have this whiteflash setting?
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3582.htm
We are curious if it’s a claw prong setting? My wife is a weirdo and claws creep her out. Would you recall if this is considered a low, medium or high setting? Thanks. Also would a wedding band fit flush with this setting?
We have already emailed whiteflash but it’s after hours so we’re just curious if anyone knew offhand thanks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto @MissGotRocks ...you can ask for whatever type of claws you want usually. Although I'm not sure if WF sets outside stones. That would
be good info to know!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi, I have this setting and really like it. You can ask for the prongs to be done however you prefer...tab, claw etc. You can do the same for setting height, but I think the typical is medium set. There is a small donut or circle of metal at the base of the setting. This will create a small gap between the engagement ring and wedding band. It’s very subtle though, not a huge gap at all.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Hi, I have this setting and really like it. You can ask for the prongs to be done however you prefer...tab, claw etc. You can do the same for setting height, but I think the typical is medium set. There is a small donut or circle of metal at the base of the setting. This will create a small gap between the engagement ring and wedding band. It’s very subtle though, not a huge gap at all.
Do you happen to have any pictures of a band next to your ring so we know how big of a gap it would be? Also in the medium setting do you happen to notice if it tends to knock or catch things due to the height? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-734.htm#size=6

Several people have used this setting instead of the Vatche U113 and have been very pleased with it. You can specify that you do not want to the prongs to be claw. I think the diamond is set in a medium height. Some people have also asked that the knife edge be softened a bit.
She really likes the vatche u113, but it’s out of our price range. The knife edge is very nice as well, but it’s a lot more expensive than the whiteflash Tiffany style we linked. There doesn’t seem to be enough difference between the two settings for us to pay the difference since we aren’t too concerned with an exacting Tiffany replica. The knife edge was in consideration though. Thank you for your help.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Ditto @MissGotRocks ...you can ask for whatever type of claws you want usually. Although I'm not sure if WF sets outside stones. That would
be good info to know!
They said on their sight that they do, but we aren’t sure exactly how much the charge will be. @kmarla said it’d be a hundred or more. The whiteflash sight said we had to have proof of insurance and sign a release of liability if they damaged the stone. They haven’t responded to our email yet since they may not be open, so we don’t know how the logistics will work out, ie if we have our vendor unmount our stone and send it to them, or if they just send the setting to our vendor instead and skip all the liability stuff.
Do you or anyone else know what we should say about the prongs? We weren’t thrilled with the prongs on this setting and think they’re badly executed tabs? As such, we’re a little gun shy from requesting them to be tabs, even if whiteflash would do a better job. Would we just ask for blob prongs, or is that not descriptive enough? Tempted to just let whiteflash do their thing because they have such a great reputation, but throwing our money at a setting and hoping for the best bit us in the rear the last go round. Thanks for any insight.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Sorry @kmarla, accidentally tagged you. It was someone on the other thread that mentioned the outside stone charge.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Deiss923 ...did you see the pictures at the bottom of the settings page? Those are rings they have made up and you can see the type of prongs they
put on that setting. Do you like these prongs (I do, but what does your GF think)? If you do not like them, I think you should find a setting where you
like the prongs and send that to WF. Pictures are less likely to be misinterpreted compared to a description IMO.

I would use the pictures on the WF website.

If you want round circle prongs (blob prongs for lack of a better term), you might send this photo. I prefer their regular prongs and would just let WF do
their thing.
blob like prongs.PNG

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Just to clarify, when mentioning we were not thrilled with the prongs in this setting, we meant the prongs on our current setting, not that we didn’t like the prongs from whiteflash. Sorry if anyone is confused. We had started a different thread about returning our current setting and switching vendors for the setting before zeroing in on this particular one at whiteflash.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 thank you for your help and for that picture. We think we like those blob prongs, maybe not as big, like in your picture and may use your idea if we end up working with whiteflash. You are right, pictures are better since we aren’t exactly sure how to articulate what we want. We will go through more of the whiteflash pictures when we get a chance. Thank you.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone have this whiteflash setting?
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3582.htm
We are curious if it’s a claw prong setting? My wife is a weirdo and claws creep her out. Would you recall if this is considered a low, medium or high setting? Thanks. Also would a wedding band fit flush with this setting?
We have already emailed whiteflash but it’s after hours so we’re just curious if anyone knew offhand thanks.

What size is the stone you will have set?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
35C85CF6-CA38-4E3C-8FF0-E3A079F574BA.jpeg 59EE4D01-24F4-4092-8A9A-8DCD5461888C.jpeg 3E226DE0-F4A1-4195-9027-53B5272798FC.jpeg
8B73ED0C-2BD9-47CA-AA2B-C6C1766DEF39.jpeg
I have this setting and love it! Attached is a couple of pictures with my Whiteflash 1.61ct ACA.
I can take more pictures if you like. :geek2:
I would say the height is medium. It’s perfect as far as I’m concerned. I don’t knock it and it doesn’t catch on anything which was a concern for me.
My platinum band sits flush and the diamond band as well. Hope this helps.

Edited to add a couple more pictures....

Attachments

• C80F26C6-2816-47AC-A9CF-088FC2DA7BE4.jpeg
    C80F26C6-2816-47AC-A9CF-088FC2DA7BE4.jpeg
    729.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just snapped a few pics for you. Sorry for the bad focus but it’s the best I could get at the moment. I think the camera is exaggerating the gap a bit. The setting is platinum and the ACA diamond is just over 8 mm. Hope this helps.
Edited to add thatI don’t have any issues with it catching or snagging because of height.

7043F650-0D62-4457-9994-C4F5CCA4575F.jpeg 76C802BB-9487-4968-A00F-EAD819E95B1F.jpeg 50165FD8-0104-4957-A7D2-748A3956D4C3.jpeg 304D51CC-471B-4891-A95D-BC75E5C43869.jpeg
Do you happen to have any pictures of a band next to your ring so we know how big of a gap it would be? Also in the medium setting do you happen to notice if it tends to knock or catch things due to the height? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Last edited:

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just snapped a few pics for you. Sorry for the bad focus but it’s the best I could get at the moment. I think the camera is exaggerating the gap a bit. The setting is platinum and the ACA diamond is just over 8 mm. Hope this helps.

7043F650-0D62-4457-9994-C4F5CCA4575F.jpeg 76C802BB-9487-4968-A00F-EAD819E95B1F.jpeg 50165FD8-0104-4957-A7D2-748A3956D4C3.jpeg 304D51CC-471B-4891-A95D-BC75E5C43869.jpeg

I agree the camera makes the gap appear wider...

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Weecam and @kmarla did you specify anything about the prongs or are these both examples of the default?
Whiteflash sent me the setting and I had my local jeweler set my stone. I’m out of country so it was easier to do it this way. I agree with Weecam. The prongs are so delicate that I barely see them. I’ve had Whiteflash do other settings for me and their workmanship was excellent.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
@Weecam and @kmarla, thank you very much for taking the time to post pictures. Your rings are very nice. We really like the whiteflash, and the gap seems minimal.
We just got an email from our original vendor saying that they had a different six prong that they could adjust the height to our liking. It’s not as nice as the whiteflash one, but it’s cheaper and has the advantage of getting it all done in one place. Don’t know though, since we’re skeptical on how it’ll turn out given the results last time. We’ve been generally quite anxious dealing with shipping and the possibility of mail theft or loss, and are not looking forward to having this stone sent all over. Part of us says suck it up and deal with the not as nice, but (hopefully) good enough setting, especially since we aren’t sure if we will upgrade later anyway. That way, we save money and minimize risking the stone getting lost. On the other hand, what if the setting the original vendor is offering is terrible? They didn’t have real life images of the setting before we bought (the first one), just the artsy ones on their site. The pictures on the vendors site didn’t seem to look like the setting we got, so there’s a bit to mull over. Maybe we’ll do the try before you buy thing they offer. Weighing our options while we wait for what our vendor and whiteflash has to say.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is so nice for the price, love that it comes in 2 tone 18k yellow gold

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Weecam and @kmarla, thank you very much for taking the time to post pictures. Your rings are very nice. We really like the whiteflash, and the gap seems minimal.
We just got an email from our original vendor saying that they had a different six prong that they could adjust the height to our liking. It’s not as nice as the whiteflash one, but it’s cheaper and has the advantage of getting it all done in one place. Don’t know though, since we’re skeptical on how it’ll turn out given the results last time. We’ve been generally quite anxious dealing with shipping and the possibility of mail theft or loss, and are not looking forward to having this stone sent all over. Part of us says suck it up and deal with the not as nice, but (hopefully) good enough setting, especially since we aren’t sure if we will upgrade later anyway. That way, we save money and minimize risking the stone getting lost. On the other hand, what if the setting the original vendor is offering is terrible? They didn’t have real life images of the setting before we bought (the first one), just the artsy ones on their site. The pictures on the vendors site didn’t seem to look like the setting we got, so there’s a bit to mull over. Maybe we’ll do the try before you buy thing they offer. Weighing our options while we wait for what our vendor and whiteflash has to say.

Do you have a link to the new setting they are offering? Tell them you want to see a real image of the setting already made up with a stone.
Is your vendor local to you so you dont have to send your stone in? I believe WF will send you an insured label (you'll probably have to pay for it)
but your stone will be insured in case it gets lost in the mail. I'm all about saving money but I hate to see you settle...especially if you're not going
to upgrade in the future because you will most likely end up sticking with this setting.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Deiss923 I just bought the WF elegant two tone setting Preloved from someone and it's still empty. I'd be happy to 'loan' it to you so you can see what it looks like in person. Not sure how to go about it, but I've got some listings on loupetroop under the same handle as on here if you want to reach out.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
@Deiss923 I just bought the WF elegant two tone setting Preloved from someone and it's still empty. I'd be happy to 'loan' it to you so you can see what it looks like in person. Not sure how to go about it, but I've got some listings on loupetroop under the same handle as on here if you want to reach out.
That is very kind and we appreciate it, but we would know if we do go the whiteflash route we will be happy. After seeing the pictures here, and given the whiteflash reputation, we believe we would be able to show them a picture of the adjustments to the prongs and trust that it would be executed well. Your offer is astoundingly generous nonetheless. Thank you =)2.

Igotarock

Rough_Rock
Do you have a link to the new setting they are offering? Tell them you want to see a real image of the setting already made up with a stone.
Is your vendor local to you so you dont have to send your stone in? I believe WF will send you an insured label (you'll probably have to pay for it)
but your stone will be insured in case it gets lost in the mail. I'm all about saving money but I hate to see you settle...especially if you're not going
to upgrade in the future because you will most likely end up sticking with this setting.[/QUOTE
Sorry for just getting to you,we were gone for the weekend. Below is the link that you asked about. We were mistaken about the whiteflash price and were looking at the white gold price, not platinum. So it’s the same price as the knife edge @MissGotRocks mentioned above if we do it in platinum.
The one at b2c obviously isn’t as nice, but it’s pretty much a basic run of the mill six prong at a very low price as settings go. We avoided it the first time because the pictures made the prongs look absurdly high, and the tips were very bulky. The b2c associate we’ve been working with says they will adjust the prong height. We then emailed him pictures of the very bulky prong tips from our first setting and asked if they could make them not like that on this setting and he said that he’d speak to the jewelers on Monday. He said that they would be able to just make the setting to our specifications, send it out, and see if we like it before setting the diamond. If we are still not happy we can just send all of it back and proceed as desired. That seems reasonable to us, and we would be out nothing if we don’t like it. We are unsure if we are going to upgrade this diamond later, so it makes sense not to spend to much on the setting. We hear what you are saying though about just settling and never upgrading the setting. Hopefully, if we decide not to upgrade the diamond for sure, we can do a nicer whiteflash setting later. If we reallllly don’t like what b2c sends this time, we’ll likely go with the whiteflash.
At any rate, because the prongs look so high on the b2c six prong, do you or anyone else know how high a diamond should be set for it to be a low setting, or a medium setting mm wise, so we can tell them exactly how high is okay? The diamond is 8.34-8.39x5.17mm. Don’t want it tooo squatty, but don’t want it to get knocked around either. Thank you so much to you, to everyone who read this dissertation, and to all who have helped us so far.
https://www.b2cjewels.com/1/tsus4022/six-prong-solitaire-diamond-engagement-ring-in-platinum-20-mm

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results