shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone familiar with this jeweler?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am thinking of resetting my emerald cut diamond. I found a setting that I really like with baguettes and rounds in the halo and on the shank at Debebians in LA. Have any of you had experience with this jeweler? I have attached a photo of the setting . Thanks

_35835.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no experience with that jeweler. But that is a hard setting to make right. Is that a picture of one they've actually executed? And do they have it in the store so you can see it in person?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Gypsy,

I believe this is a photo of one that they have executed. They have a BM store but not near me.
I love the setting but since I am not familiar with their work I would hesitate to have them make it if it is so difficult to do.

_35836.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You realize those are gaps around those rounds right? Those are going to be filled with gunk. Everytime you forget and put on hand lotion those holes are going to be filled.

What is your budget?

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I have a debebians bezel set band. The price was great, and the diamond quality is excellent, especially for the price. The execution of the bezels is not ideal, however - many of them are a bit teardrop shaped.

All in all, I think it's worth investing more elsewhere to have it done right. And I would want baguettes set in the corners, for a more seamless look.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy,

I love the BE setting that you posted! I am going to check into that. Thank you!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tyty333, the JA is a beautiful setting, I will also check into that.
Thanks for the warning on hand lotion and gunk getting stuck in the gaps!

Flight gravity, good to know that the baguette execution was not ideal..
My budget is $2k or less if possible but we shall see!

Will keep you posted on the project!

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1451371647|3967726 said:
Baguette halos, done right, are expensive propositions.

Do you like something like this at all: http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/art-deco-platinum-engagement-ring-pid-1056-44.html
Gypsy, I spoke with Chris at Brilliantly engaged and he was very helpfull. I think I am going to go with the setting that you suggested. It is a little over my budget but it is soooooo pretty!!! Chris will even send an insured shipping label to ship my diamond to them. He said that the halo will add about 2.4mm to each side so I think it will have a nice presence. Now I need to select the metal. I am leaning toward white gold or platinum.....but do you think it might look good in yellow gold?

_35860.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luce I love the BE design! So glad you are going with that one. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results