shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone familiar with Steven Singer?

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Went to his website to see what he has. I like some of the stuff, but noticed that he doesnt post any diamond info. I spotted the black diamond stud earrings. I think I may need them. I know that there cant be as much info on black diamonds, but even their diamond engagement and bands do not have any diamond specs. Is his stuff good, commercial or crap?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't love many of the row jewelers, but his place is pretty good. He's been in business for a long time.

How much is he asking, best to compare, if you can?? I know nothing about black diamonds.. The ones I seen have no sparkle and look dead to me.. Kind of like a sapphire that is soooo dark, you can't tell that it's even blue...

HTH, good luck..

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
I agree he is pretty good. I've been there a couple of times. Not sure about the black diamonds, but normal stock is G/H VS1-2 to SI1, from what I've seen, but you can also request to see better and they have it.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
DH actually got my engagement ring there. He liked it because they were down to earth (they actually offer beers to the guys who are there engagement ring shopping). My ring is gorgeous (2 carat GIA excellent H VS2 round) and very high quality, but I know he paid more than he would have paid for the same ring from an online vendor. I was in the store several times after we got my ring and my impression was that they have some nice stuff and they have some junk. We haven't bought anything else there because I think you can get better prices and quality online. DH was not comfortable online shopping for my engagement ring, but he has now seen the light. Also I cannot stand their marketing campaign ("I hate Steven Singer").

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
They advertise on Howard Stern a lot... I hear them talk about it all the time, but the website isn't very easy to navigate and doesn't have a lot of info. With all the other online vendors available, I wouldn't even bother. Their stuff may be nice, but how would you ever know without actually going in to the store?

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins, I think RQ may be in the local area. Steven Singer's store is on Jeweler's Row in Philly. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone out of town, but if you are from the Philly area and prefer to shop in person or are looking for somewhere local to try things on or see lots of different sizes, colors and clarity diamonds, it's probably one of your best options. I know when we went there to look at diamonds they had a lot in stock and they do a decent job educating you on the 4 c's.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
NovemberBride|1291308096|2785155 said:
Tuckins, I think RQ may be in the local area. Steven Singer's store is on Jeweler's Row in Philly. I definitely wouldn't recommend it to someone out of town, but if you are from the Philly area and prefer to shop in person or are looking for somewhere local to try things on or see lots of different sizes, colors and clarity diamonds, it's probably one of your best options. I know when we went there to look at diamonds they had a lot in stock and they do a decent job educating you on the 4 c's.

Oh, that makes much more sense! I'm in Michigan. I tried to look up his stuff before but couldn't get much from the site. If it's close enough to make a trip then I would definitely pop in and check it out!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I heard about him on Howard as well. Being as PS member I had to check it out. The black diamond studs that I am after are the 1ct studs for $299. That seems like a great price to me. I want them as my standard first hole pair and then keep my beautiful white diamonds in the back. I think that it would look awesome.

I am close to Philly, but not close enough. I do live in PA, but it is a BIG state. It would probably take 4-5 hours to get there. I am not willing to drive 10 hours to check out a pair of black diamond studs fr $299. Ya know?

Thanks for remembering where I am though. Its touching. We have been to Pitts to see college games before so maybe the next time we are making a weekend of it I will check him out.

I agree with the marketing and website. I understand why it is "I hate Steve Singer", but I dont think it is a good idea. I also think the website is a little rinky-dink. It looks like a high school student made it. I guess though if they have good quality then the other stuff really doesnt matter.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is their return policy?? Maybe order them, if you don't like them return them if you can get a full refund, and not store credit. I thought you lived closer. Yes 4-5 hours, so not worth the drive, LOL.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I've dropped into the store a couple of times but never bought anything. My impression is that it's upscale commercial, comparable in price and quality to most of the other big stores on the row. Nothing about it really stuck out to me, good or bad, except the awful ad campaign (which is enough in and of itself to keep me from ever becoming a serious customer there).

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Liane|1291329454|2785536 said:
I've dropped into the store a couple of times but never bought anything. My impression is that it's upscale commercial, comparable in price and quality to most of the other big stores on the row. Nothing about it really stuck out to me, good or bad, except the awful ad campaign (which is enough in and of itself to keep me from ever becoming a serious customer there).

Haha, I was going to say the exact same thing but you beat me to it! Somehow I never realized you were in this area :))

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I also have stopped by their store multiple times since I spend my weekends in Philly. They have some really good stuff there and then some other not so good things. The black diamond studs would look awesome with the regular diamond ones in the back! I say go for it. Could you ask him to take some additional pictures or maybe ask him about the quality of diamonds? I know zip about black diamonds so the only thing I can say is that from what I saw, he does have decent things there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results